Sign in to follow this  
SuperChamp82

Best Tamiya Brushed Motor

Not a reprise of the previous Most Powerful thread - copy below - this time which was best for each chassis ?

My issue with the previous thread / answers - all of which were valid in context - is that power is useless unless effectively applied 

Which means you arguably can’t pick a motor in isolation - it has to be in a well set up chassis, all of which legitimately differ  - on road, off road, 2 / 4 WD, drive / belt, diffs etc 

So what’s the best brushed motor for each vintage chassis ?

I’ll open with a soft target - how many chassis could you put (what I think is one of Tamiya’s best motors) the 1993 Acto TRF Tuned in effectively ?

Is it the ultimate on road brushed vs the Pink Acto for off ?

Or do the later MS Transpeeds - 9 / 10T - take either / both ? 

I think most people would like a motor that is from the same era as the chassis and is a suitable wind. Generally power output has increased over time, along with the ability to use the power effectively.

Difficulty in finding the older motors, cost or convenience leads to the use of more modern motors. An example would be the use of the Z series superstock motors in older cars, instead of say, a Technigold.

• Like 1

Hornet/Grasshopper: Sport Tuned

TA-01/TA-02: Superstock RZ

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 8:33 AM, SuperChamp82 said:

Not a reprise of the previous Most Powerful thread - copy below - this time which was best for each chassis ?

My issue with the previous thread / answers - all of which were valid in context - is that power is useless unless effectively applied 

Which means you arguably can’t pick a motor in isolation - it has to be in a well set up chassis, all of which legitimately differ  - on road, off road, 2 / 4 WD, drive / belt, diffs etc 

So what’s the best brushed motor for each vintage chassis ?

I’ll open with a soft target - how many chassis could you put (what I think is one of Tamiya’s best motors) the 1993 Acto TRF Tuned in effectively ?

Is it the ultimate on road brushed vs the Pink Acto for off ?

Or do the later MS Transpeeds - 9 / 10T - take either / both ? 

The Dynatech 02H with a 10t rotor is pretty awesome too, had one on a vintage fox, have several of them, ran the pink acto power too which has heaps of power on a Terra Scorcher, never used a TRF though or transpeed.

Technigold in a Boomerang was great. Also have dual Technigolds in my clod.

Regarding which motor suits which chassis best, this would require extensive testing plus it would always be subjective I think. :)

• Like 1