LongRat

Full Option Ultimate Grasshopper

For the rear I have found some tyres from the same 1/14 truck range that come in a wider 30mm (22mm on the front).  Raises the height a touch and looks more realistic.

I designed and machined a replica wheel for the rear as well, in this case a Method off-road race wheel.  Billet 6082 in this case.  The front wheels are something a little more exotic ;)

IMG_20220702_220116759.jpg

• Like 6

Detail of the new rear wheel. The centre section is grit blasted for a bit of contrast.

IMG_20220702_220125019_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Wow! Just wow!

I love the vision and ambition you had for the humble grasshopper. You've totally transformed it. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, kontemax said:

Can we see some action video please?
Thanks

Max

+1 to this. Would love to see it in action...

Video of the original version from a while ago.  I'll get some decent video hopefully once the project is complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bit of beachside action, managed to bend part of the rear hub hitting a beach hut... upgrade coming soon on that.  Wasn't a great design anyway.

AtBeach2022.jpg

• Like 5

Took this car to the Revival meeting at Broxstowe RC club.  Had a bit of a practise on the track, although couldn't race it as it's obviously not genuinely a Grasshopper, or vintage.  I found that it could do with more rear traction, those truck tyres are a bit too hard really.  Also, bent a suspension arm so a new version will be coming soon.

Traction issues solved using Kyosho Scorpion tyres on my own wheels.  I think this is the sweet spot, with the right look and awesome grip.  I'm using Kyosho's SCW023 hard inserts.

KyoshoRearTyres.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1