futureworks

Buying Alloy Wheels for Fighting Buggy - Pargustore vs. RC Channel

Hi everyone, I’m considering some alloy additions for a Fighting Buggy, including a wheel set. I just wondered if any folks here had bought wheel sets from either Pargustore (first pic) or from RC Channel (2nd), and what you think of the quality..? 

Thanks.

D33A9ECE-006B-4CC1-8647-6E580343D76F.jpeg

9C0C1CC8-D538-4999-98A5-46E375BD6D63.jpeg

• Like 4

Can't help you either. But I love the look of the second set. The satin finish is lovely.

• Like 1

Don’t think you could go wrong with either. I have some RCChannel (2 sets - Centreline style) and have just ordered Pargustore alloy covers for my Fighting Buggy. I think price would be the only factor to consider really

Both of those look nice!

Do they offer Lunchbox wheels too?

I only have experience with the Pargustore's Alloy Rim Covers, they replace the outer most section so the tyre is still bead locked like the originals. Very nicely made, I've got 3 sets now, I also like to add a bit of colour to the edge too. The solid one piece wheels you would have to glue the tyre on if you're going to run the car.

Shipping has more than doubled since I got these which is a shame, but they do make a huge difference to the car.

DSC_0148.jpg

4E5E28D5-5AB5-4BDD-B758-96952B737A54.jpg

5F7AC825-4603-4C6A-956E-465A3ECC29CB.jpg

• Like 6

@Re-Bugged they just had a one off offer on eBay, I had them on my watched list, was like 40% off, so I grabbed a set despite the expensive shipping, wanted some for my up coming Fighting Buggy build

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

The solid one piece wheels you would have to glue the tyre on if you're going to run the car.

I had wondered about this aspect too, so I'm leaning more towards the covers. Only concern there is whether the plastic wheel parts from the kit set are still visible, though that doesn't look like it's an issue on your pics. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

@Re-Bugged they just had a one off offer on eBay, I had them on my watched list, was like 40% off, so I grabbed a set despite the expensive shipping, wanted some for my up coming Fighting Buggy build

I noticed that too (shows 20% discount on eBay listings here in the UK), so I am thinking of getting covers both for the FB due soon, and my existing Buggy Champ. The covers do have some very nice detailing, for sure!

• Like 1

@TurboRSR What does the back side of the rear wheels look like? Does it use the original wheel hub or a hex? And I assume you had to use your own screws/nuts for the holes?

I prefer the full wheel vs the covers because you still see the plastic from the other side.. At least for open wheel buggies.

I've bought alloy wheels from rc channel for my sand scorcher and fighting buggy and they are superb quality couldn't fault them at all I also bought some wolf race wheels for my sand scorcher and knock offs and they are again superb 

IMG_20171106_104401.jpg

20200927_203900.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, futureworks said:

I had wondered about this aspect too, so I'm leaning more towards the covers. Only concern there is whether the plastic wheel parts from the kit set are still visible, though that doesn't look like it's an issue on your pics. Any thoughts?

With your nose about 2 inches away from the wheel you can see the plastic parts behind, and the inside of the front wheels are more exposed on a buggy than a Scorcher. But paint them a bright silver and you hardly notice.

If I’d seen them on a big discount I would have bought some more myself, if I needed them or not 😉

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 4:06 AM, Fabia130vRS said:

Nice I didnt know such exists.

Rear 12mm hex front bearings? Price?

The rears use the stock disc adapter, like the Grasshopper’s Lunchbox’s, Brat’s, Wild One’s & FAV’s, no hex. Fronts are bearings.

Covers are around $30-40 US and the Solid ones are $60-70 US upwards.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Norco Kid said:

@TurboRSR What does the back side of the rear wheels look like? Does it use the original wheel hub or a hex? And I assume you had to use your own screws/nuts for the holes?

I prefer the full wheel vs the covers because you still see the plastic from the other side.. At least for open wheel buggies.

They use the original wheel hub. I'm pretty sure that screws/nuts were included, because I used a screw set from RC Channel to build the Sand Scorcher (used those screws for the original wheels), and that set doesn't include nuts. 

Oh it's so tempting, I'm just not sure I can justify $80 for some bling wheels. The postage is a bit too pricey! But they are so shiny and pretty! Must... resist....

These are RC channel I’m pretty certain (bought them years ago, but pretty sure)

49365534243_7323adc41a_k.jpg

I love alloy wheels :wub: