tam-trucks

Tamiya Grand Hauler Purple Velvet

not much has happened recently...low-loader has now deck parts made,loading ramps.....been busy on subaru impreza (loads of welding) hopefully might have few days playing if not too cold

• Like 1

new addition to collection...took some time to get one but i have one now...carson rc forklift,works very very well and pleased with it :D need to make some pallets and crates

100_1622.JPG

• Like 2

this is what a made from my bitsa box

man 6x4 chassis with kinghauler shorty body 3d printed fuel tanks,bull bar,5th wheel release handle and air filters.looking rough and ready.runs and drives acoms handset and receiver AT5 esc and slow module

100_1635.JPG

100_1636.JPG

• Like 3

Looking cool with the short wheelbase. I like the look of the body. Not so sure about the pink bull bar. :)

• Like 1

How do you like the Forklift?

I think they are a lot of fun. Loading flatbeds with skids, crates, and etc...

• Like 1

forklift drives very well and fun to play,came complete with full box,previous owner even left the receipt in it,he only had it for 3months ......printed out pallets already got 10 done,they need side panels building for double stacked,just in middle of coverting double-e excavator to servo arms upgrade,extra ballast for counter balance and spot lights to be fitted with extra battery compartment

100_1708.JPG

• Like 1

Never thought of those skids before (nice), I always made wood ones. I had fun running mine. Should dig it back out and play.

Have fun!

• Like 1

couple of picture of crate/plate bins and push-on double stack ledges,just need to glue together....1 down,9 to go

100_1718.JPG

100_1719.JPG

• Like 2

new addiction to truck collection,yes of ebay

wedico volvo f12 4x2 non-powered chassis,i many bought it cos i like old skool trucks in rc.dont know what to do with it maybe low loader display or cab and chassis barn find`ish

here a few pictures

wedico volvo f12.. (2).JPG

wedico volvo f12.. (5).JPG

wedico volvo f12.. (13).JPG

• Like 1

wedico volvo f12 truck mods.....tamiya front and rear axle fitted,3d printed leaf springs and spacer blocks..here a few pictures...still need few fettling and triming up parts,but very pleased with outcome

100_1785.JPG

100_1779.JPG

100_1782.JPG

100_1781.JPG

• Like 2

Very clever project! I'm doing something a bit similar, but a Thai Dump Truck. The funny little ones, not the serious ones. You're a lot farther along than I am. All I've got so far, is a WPL D-21 Body and Globe Liner Frame Rails.

Looking forward to this progress! 😀 

• Thanks 1

UPDATE.......heres few picture of nearly done volvo-wedicotamiya`ish.....................ITS A RUNNER :D

reduction transfer gearbox(5:1 ratio)     epic 27t motor and fan`d esc

custom sliding 5th(needs painting)

printed - front and rear leaf springs,side boxes with lids one will be for battery pack,side guards need finishing(hot spots) gearbox mounting to chassis,rear deck slope,5th wheel release handle

100_1837.JPG

100_1838.JPG

100_1839.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5:1 Gear Reduction.... slow speed done RIGHT!! 👌👍👍 Looks great!

i might sell the volvof12 to fund other project ive got....if anyone interested message me

volvo f12 now sold...sad times,,,but i got 4 trucks to play with :D so life is still good

• Like 1

just bought and just got today....all working just needs 3ch system fitting...will look good on low loader once ive got round to finishing it

got it for good price(including delivery)

100_2069.JPG

100_2070.JPG

100_2071.JPG

100_2072.JPG

• Like 3

picture of inside....early type clutch single motor,,,,working perfect both clutch work as it should do

100_2073.JPG

• Like 2

broke my tank :( na not really.....turret motor ran out of life,brushes worn too far...have change it to a similar motor (flat sided type) little mod to fit in cage/harness and works very well

tamiya turret motor 140l...6v  (1).JPG

tamiya turret motor 140l...6v  (2).JPG

I notice in the photo you posted of its guts, it still has the mechanical speed control as well...

msc was fitted but no resistor,,,,so swap it out for esc....just printing infill tray to house electrics,two esc,receiver and battery

• Like 1

tank striped down to bare chassis,ready for painting,ordered new screws-old screws in bin,few holes made in chassis for infill tray to sit on risers for clearence of torsion spring suspension......ive had great fun in getting to run and all working and then strippping it for painting :D

• Like 2

tank chassis painted,gloss black inside and matt black outside,previous owner scuff marks just painted over

tamiya 1.16th king tiger chassis painted black. (1).JPG

tamiya 1.16th king tiger chassis painted black. (2).JPG

tamiya 1.16th king tiger chassis painted black. (3).JPG

tamiya 1.16th king tiger chassis painted black. (4).JPG

• Like 1

bruder and excavator now sold on to happy buyer

king tiger tank coming on...just waiting for more screws and nuts to come