Nikko85

Nikko Vulcan

So  I picked up a Vulcan 1/8 Monster truck. 540 Motor and weighs a ton. It's digital proportional and goes ok. A better esc and motor would really help, but I'm keeping this one stock for my nephew.

When I got it it was covered in dust, but under that I'm not sure if it has ever been run, it's almost mint.

Size comparison with a 1/10 buggy. This thing is about Clod size.

16163343734722807331154916026677.jpg

16163344478016415091287665645293.jpg

On 3/25/2021 at 12:26 AM, GmcTyphoon said:

Nice. I have the hercules(same model). My son loves it. 

20210215_171031.jpg

Yes. I gave my to my nephew! It's a good car for him, it's massive enough to be impressive (and should be pretty tough) but slow enough to be controllable. Giant bumper makes a great carry handle too.

I believe they can take a more powerful motor, so I'll try a 540 Silvercan before upgrading the "hobby grade" electronics, if he keeps interest.

I also gave him my modified Nikko Gambler. I pushed out the front wheels with spacers (so they sat in line with the rears) and upgraded the electronics with a Turbo Panther PCB, so that was a lot harder to let go, but haven't not seen him for a year I wasn't going to say no.

• Like 1

I just managed to bag a vulcan for £5 I could not help myself and fitted a brushless setup. Pretty fun in a somewhat outrageous way. 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, Hawksquawks said:

I just managed to bag a vulcan for £5 I could not help myself and fitted a brushless setup. Pretty fun in a somewhat outrageous way. 

amazing. that would be a beast! I prefer my cars a little smaller!