Sign in to follow this  
Jonny Crumpet

TT02-D yes or no

Hey all.

I have a 257mm Alfa Romeo Giulia body i picked up from L&L.

I was planning on getting a TT02S kit for it but there is no stock anywhere. Having looked the TT02D kit only looks good value with a sports tuned motor, oils shocks and bearings. 

I do fancy trying drift, but it would be on tarmac or around the family room :-).

I could always drop some road tyres on the thing and its a slightly hopped up TT-02 right?

I believe that stock of the TT02 Type S should be arriving at either the beginning or end of March. So between two and six weeks to wait.

I'm not sure what else the drift kit has, although I know it comes with CVA shocks which is the first most necessary upgrade for the standard TT02 chassis.

So, yeah go for it if you really can't wait a bit longer. 

The TT02D if a good platform though the diffs may not support drifts like other chassis design. I got this info from different sites. The steering angle of steering is decent and some say a full lock diff make it drift better. It runs fairly good on pavement but the drift tires get torn up pretty well. The current pavement area I ran yesterday was a bit bumpy, road grit, a few road cracks and 500CST oil made it fairly unpredictable with the bouncing but I was able to pull some decent starting drifts. I have yet to try it on a proper dtift track and yedterday was my first real attempt to run the TT02D on road conditions. The road grit really wasnt ideal conditions to try it on but I see it's potential. The low ground clearnce wasn't ideal for the area I chose but it should do fine.

The TT02D had friction and plastic  CVA shock options, i chose the later option before hopping to full aliminum shocks.