ACCEL

HO 1/64 Table Top Slot Dream

I said i was not going to light up this track, I lied...

BIC pen tip, 3mm LED 9-12V bulb, plastic tubing, base is two pieces came from some place? paint pole later...

tk6iPVR.jpg

INxnW5F.jpg

Below:This lamp top is a butterfly drywall anchor(used bigger ones for my 1/32 Scalextric lay out)

they make an impressive display, i've fabricated and scratch built so many different light fixtures for my Z Scale trains & even for my own house.

U3Mfc7H.jpg

• Like 3

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

Monopoly game pieces... some paint, paper clip vent and vinyl rail door and pin knob. Add hot dogs, soda, beer, coffee, burgers, pizza, cake and ice cream, they're going to need these.................................

CcNbY6V.jpg

44WNxmJ.jpg

The Honey Truck keeps these very clean.

Have mercy, Shut the Door Man!

b7XynL8.jpg

:lol: just realized needs a TP roll

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Telephone poles, for the most part my wiring is going overhead top lines CAT 6 (green glass beads as isolators ) to apply power to my Neon 4.5V signs, (bottom brown glass bead isolators) for the other lights at 9-12 Volts. made ten poles, so far only using eight.

Tele-poles are bamboo skewers, popsicle sticks cut whittled to size, CA glue and stain...

tmvN4Rw.jpg

TerdFJG.jpg

some more light configurations i came up with...

ADzrJ8a.jpg

the clear plastic bubble mold package i have used for some of my RC's for light buckets, there is a few other lights i am making with pen tips & various plastic contraptions i collect just for the occasion. bottom right Christmas light socket has a cool white 5mm bulb in it now. all these types of lights will be wired and chased under the grass mat.

iFw3uMJ.jpg

see the black light bar stand? that has a ribbon LED light fastened on the other side, that tube top piece is a door hinge protector, base is a plastic diamond plate from a die cast car.

• Like 3

REO Speedwagon ................I beleieve it's time for me to fly...

rLiB7GA.jpg

3Bb1Kx8.jpg

aVFyjah.jpg

4OwLfkI.jpg

& row

• Like 4

You know yogi-bear there in the park is your picn'-nic basket:lol:

I thought not lighting this layout, but it's fun to make light fixtures, the ones for my 1/32 Scalextric especially the ones i used from  long BBQ lighters, wiring is one of those things that take a bit more time than the other parts of the build.

waiting on some flashing LEDS for the starting line and marshal tower, the piece i'm using for the holder (3) ports came out of a Cen-Tec Ohm meter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

a couple of these for visual fillers, plus the added bonus of spare chassis and parts

Auto World 1958 Plymouth Belvedere Thunderjet HO Slot Car Barn Finds AFX Tyco

Image 1 - Auto World 1959 Chevrolet Impala Thunderjet HO Slot Car Barn Finds AFX Tyco

These are Auto World Barn Finds, they have quite a bit of variety of makes and models of these rust buckets

• Like 1

The universe was void of light, not any more..

UmNViEt.jpg

pen pieces & miscellaneous helps bring a brighter future...

273dgRc.jpg

liEl23s.jpg

• Like 3

Love this. The creativity and craftsmanship is brilliant! Any chance we could get a zoomed out shot of the whole scene?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, B.RAD said:

Love this. The creativity and craftsmanship is brilliant! Any chance we could get a zoomed out shot of the whole scene?

Almost there, have layout wiring to do, waiting on the Press & Media Tower, a high voltage transmission tower and water tower, things i could have built but kits are fun and that much more accurate. Started collecting some vintage slot cars from around the world and purchased some inexpensive people i need to repaint, ones like Woodland Scenic are done very well and the price reflects it so the others are a  lot of doppelgangers so repainting them different colors makes them look better and are for more or less for crowd fillers at the fraction of the cost. There well be a day and night photo shot when done hopefully soon. I learned one thing doing my other layouts they just are never a 100% complete. Thanx B.RAD, When I started my 1/32 Scalextric layout and Z scale, then a N now this, they all contributed to each other to build certain things i see and collect, it's time consuming but rewarding to be able to find bits and pieces to make something look like we use every day or at least an resemblance for no money at all, well glue and paint, but they're always around.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:15 AM, SupraChrgd82 said:

Wow! Incredible on so many levels! 

Hey SC82 wish it was bigger, but oh well still fargin fun. these lil cars are way faster then yesteryear, heck they hardly fall off, almost boring, the older cars i think are actually funner at least you have to may more attention, i have quite a few of the brand spanking new ones and basically full trigger it's like magic I mean strong magnets:lol:

Years ago, my dad and I had a Tyco track and a bunch of cars.  We learned that if 2 drivers were going and 1 driver let off, there was a voltage spike.  The spike would cause the remaining driver to go into a corner too fast and flip.  Does yours do that too?

6 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Years ago, my dad and I had a Tyco track and a bunch of cars.  We learned that if 2 drivers were going and 1 driver let off, there was a voltage spike.  The spike would cause the remaining driver to go into a corner too fast and flip.  Does yours do that too?

i have this track wired for two trans formers, one for each lane, and two sets of jumper cables as to have power to lanes from afar so you don't have to have a loss of power at the farthest points of the track.

Press Tower

mP9cm5y.jpg

dxmb4T8.jpg

LED Lights, but my version of a fluorescent tube 

ruX02Sl.jpg

ryFMw5J.jpg

• Like 3

Inside a Cen-Tec Ohm meter (3mm bulbs fit nicely, green is constant and the yellow & red are flashing)

R76fOyv.jpg

XzMDOOL.jpg

• Like 2

Transformer connection station each connector, one for the Neon signs 4.5V & the other for LED 12V lighting

zJ1IZ9X.jpg

these are two different slot car display cases to make this station

dcmvAcS.jpg

1 1/4" brad nails for for tin roof (weathered)

oh0VmUK.jpg

QqpleAt.jpg

GHOb4YI.jpg

small connectors tuck away as though a Lil' jewel case

54cyPr4.jpg

• Like 3

A few more garbage cans and small scratch build accessories and waiting for the NAPA Auto and Michelin Man Neon signs that come out in the middle of May.

oh and needs a light or two for the out door dinning area.

other than that, the layout lights up tremendous, quite the illuminating experience:lol:

• Like 2

Well, lets light this joint up!

Start your engines.

XPG0TWv.jpg

• Like 3

2R6YbiD.jpg

vmfO9Xy.jpg

wky82YE.jpg

kFBno6W.jpg

FY877Lh.jpg

eYdPilB.jpg

SzjPUYd.jpg

yUgZMPk.jpg

JFMIHWb.jpg

vNGxtGP.jpg

ioVjr8l.jpg

UgRemmW.jpg

aIgRcOI.jpg

e9D2D2B.jpg

gkUIbG1.jpg

RbWYIeG.jpg

gjWhVgx.jpg

h61hLY2.jpg

Orange Ping Pong Ball, i have made these larger and much smaller with different size balls. Pops was a partner in a 76 station many many years ago.

9bY5It9.jpg

UJal76X.jpg

6MJ40AL.jpg

OeNlgPl.jpg

2NLlvYQ.jpg

1E9OHbW.jpg

bK5u18F.jpg

Still a few more lights in some spots to add later. 

I hope you enjoy and give what any scale model layout a try, lights are fun but, time consuming, but the reward brightens things up.

• Like 5