Stretch79

New shocks fitted now camber issue

Hi guys. Have installed some new abisma shocks all round. 
Issue I now have is the camber is well off due to height of shocks on the front. 

Also the steering rack now hits on the wishbone. 

Hs anyone here a resolution to these issues please? 

Thanks 

4613C9B7-0D34-4481-A0ED-B5E43EDCFC93.jpeg

736F08F8-E310-4EB8-B630-6054C2F55BA1.jpeg

What length of front shocks did you get , they should be around 80mm eye to eye . You can use shorter lower damper ends to reduce length by around 5mm , and you can fit a 3mm spacer inside the damper to stop the piston drop which would give you around 8mm overall reduced length which might get you out of bother

Hi Kev. The new shocks are 85mm eye to eye. 

The standard shocks I could do that but with these they’re different unless I’m missing something? 

1D773075-91B4-4540-92D1-9AC5466DCE20.jpeg

The lower end on the Absima damper can be swapped for a 5mm shorter one . I used Ansmann and other generic dampers and they came with option ends - to make 85mm or 80mm overall eye to eye . You can source shorter ends , or just fit the spacer inside and try that . You will need to strip the damper (empty out oil) and place a spacer on the piston rod under the piston , this will limit the travel and drop of the piston and shorten the damper eye to eye . You could use 3-4mm long spacer .

Kev, thanks. Ok it came with other pieces too as below which may help? Failing that do the part you mention. 

7EF64AA8-21D6-4984-B3FC-04646AF4F4F6.jpeg

Those are spring tensioners and won't help with this . The eye to eye length of your dampers needs to be reduced to 80mm / 75mm which is easily achieved as I said before . The internal spacer can be made from the rubber tube on your pogo dampers and if that doesn't give you what you need then the lower damper ends need to be changed for 5mm shorter ones

• Like 1

Thank you Kev. I’ll do a strip down and as you mention. Can’t get shorter so your way would work. 

thabjs for the help 

• Like 1