manny

Mf-01x Porsche 2.7 RSR part III

This is a follow up to two great Mf-01x 911 projects.  The first by Juls1 and the second by OldSchoolRC1.  If you haven't seen their threads yet and want detailed info on converting a mini size Mf-01x to a TT-01 size short wheelbase you should take a look.   Many of the drive train and suspension mods I had in mind before I started building but their excellent builds are a proof of concept and worth a peek.

The only thing that really bugged me about Tamiya's excellent  2.7 RSR where the wheels. While they look great for a modern Fuch wheel, they are too low profile to look period correct.  I made my own Fuch wheels that had a black ring on the rim to simulate a high profile tire from the 70's.  Its a solution similar to what Tamiya did on the F104 F1 wheels. 

The TL-01 long span suspension was for the most part, a direct fit but I had to make rear upright extensions, and front & rear shock mounts similar to OldSchoolRC1's car.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice work on the wheels! Did you create the shocktower and other FRP bits too? Looks good.

AWESOME job on converting the Chassis!!  Any chance you might make me a set of those Wheels?? 😊 

I'm getting a 3D Printer, but wouldn't trust myself to make something like a Wheel for quite some time.

I currently live in Taiwan and currently I'm hesitant to mail anything overseas....I'll be moving back to the US in September but that's a long wait.  I could send you the files to print it yourself if you like.  What kind of printer are you getting?  The wheel above is printed using an FDM printer (Ender3) for the backside and front black ring.  The chrome and red parts are printed on an SLA printer (anycubic photon) for smoothness but are fairly brittle. I also have a  version that's all FDM that should be stronger that I will use for running. 

• Thanks 1

@manny I'm pretty sure I'd wait until September!! I'm already 10 years behind, not even having a Computer for over a Decade. 😲  3D Printing might take me a WHILE to master well enough for things like Wheels... 

I'm getting an Ender 3 Pro. I've been told it's fairly User Friendly. But I've still got a LOT of catching up to do!