Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

Boat stuck in suez canal, shipping from china affected?

So for us RC guys we have a lockdown, no racing, shipping for parts got either expensive or impossible.... now even if we managed to order something... a Cargo ship got stuck in the main canal connecting Asia and Europe?

read article here that says everything will be affected in terms of shipping 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2021/03/25/stuck-ship-suez-canal-affect-products/amp/

what do you guys think will happen, will my ebay orders scheduled for April and June be delayed even more? 

https://youtu.be/1w90oOCoGas

Don't worry, the Brits are already testing a solution ;)

'Hovering ship' photographed off Cornish coast by walker - BBC News

I guess your shipments will depend upon whether they're coming via air freight or boat. If it's boat then it's going to delay it, but I can't imagine the Egyptian authorities will leave it stuck there for long, it will be costing them too much in revenue from the canal. Their next plan will probably be to offload the cargo to refloat it.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Don't worry, the Brits are already testing a solution ;)

'Hovering ship' photographed off Cornish coast by walker - BBC News

I guess your shipments will depend upon whether they're coming via air freight or boat. If it's boat then it's going to delay it, but I can't imagine the Egyptian authorities will leave it stuck there for long, it will be costing them too much in revenue from the canal. Their next plan will probably be to offload the cargo to refloat it.

Just this morning a had a look at a youtuber who broke down the amount for passing the suez canal. And going around. Example was for route Istanbul-India  including fuel. Just passing the canal in a freight ship is 220.000usd

from my expirience a lot of “air mail” does go by boat sometimes. Change my mind. :lol:

BC63E063-E4ED-4D15-9246-DD8616294176.png

I would say mail is mail. Air mail or land mail is a way to charge people extra to justify a Premium shipping service.

Once I send a parcel to the states... and the woman charged me the cheaper option as land mail... the second time she explained she couldnt charge me land mail to states... but the last tome she did. It gets shipped either way. Premium and economy take the same time to arrive to the states. At least from croatia. So its I guess pretty similar to rent a cars... croas border fee, full excess  protection, island ferry boat fee... its all made up.