Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Any need for Stabilizers/Sway Bars?

Since my Clod has new hommade (very poorly bent) Stabilizers, i realised how much improvement they bring.

I also would love to have some Stabilizers for my TL-01 Cars. But there are no such Stabilizers out there.

Is anyone here on the TC hwo has the tools to produce a Patch of Stabilizers for Cars do not have them to offer on Ebay anymore?

i found a design for TL-01 stabilizers:

1.thumb.jpg.803a9925268282955dcbf26734dad937.jpgFB_IMG_1602014034039.thumb.jpg.c590d5e6c67c3f17c8ee4bd28d6d473f.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.5ebc079c1cfa1c1191485ef6acc28865.jpgs-l16002.thumb.jpg.1eebfda981b251e489cb030801ced993.jpg

For the Clod i could sketch a Template of the Swaybars i use.

The reason for asking:

My Clod Swaybar is very poorly bent by hand, i think that more people would profitate from bars, but there are none available. For someone with the right tool it would be easy to bend some Bars. Just clip them, put it in the tool and bend them. so you could ben a lot in a few minutes and all of them would be perfect.

Tamiya did make a stabilizer (swaybar/anti-roll bar) set for the TL-01 (#53324) but obviously long since out of production and hard to find.

Anti-roll bars are a tuning option rather than something that would be guaranteed to bring an improvement.

Bending the wire is one thing but to be honest working out how to mount them effectively (and finding/creating the parts to do it) is as much of a challenge. Plenty of Tamiya cars over the years have had bars that were mostly for decoration because they had so much free play in them.

• Like 1

I think bending the Wire is the hardest Part.

That TL-01 Stabilizers look very atachable. You need that Ballends (x4) a thredded (x4) Rod and hat Eyelets (x8).

A quick Ebaysearch tells me that you can get the Ballends and the eyelets as spareparts.

I think my TL-01 would very much benefit from Stabilizers. I have very soft suspension because both of my TL-01s are Rallycars. when i run them on Tarmac, they do not drive a straight line after cornering because they really lean to one side. In one of them i installed a Gyro, but that results in a wavy/wiggely line at faster speeds.
I think a stabilizer would be a better option. (but on ebay is only one 53324 for about 40 Bucks....)

The first Stabilizers i`ve put in a car were for my DT02, but i`ve put the softer Wire in it because i thougt it would sabotate my Suspension.....
That resultet in way to less evective "ani Sway", so i didn`t bother with swaybars anymore, i thought they were just not nessecary and overpriced blinky garbage.

But the result in my clodbuster shows me how much of an inprovement they can be. It would be awesome to have the chance to get them online.