Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Showroom items are going to start disappearing...

In an attempt to make things quicker for the regular uses of the site, I thought I should warn you that I am going to start deleting things from peoples showrooms over the Christmas period.

Dont worry this won't be at random...

Basically things will be deleted if

- they have been entered as 'Recent Finds' for over 1 month. You should have them reclassified by now

- You have items in your showroom with no picture for over 30 days. 'Show' is the keyword in 'showroom' so if you can't get a picture after 1mth I'm afraid it shouldn't be there.

- anything which is not classified correctly, see the 'Important Stuff' forum for details for a definiton of 'correctly' - Main offender here are those still classifying body sets as whole cars rather than 'parts'

If you want to be sure nothing gets deleted that shouldn't then check you showroom your self now and make sure you make the appropriate changes.

Cheers

Chris

I know I'll be one of the offenders, and here's why:

I signed up and put the text in for my one car, snapped a few pictures and happily noticed I have about half the roll left. Brother's child's baptising took care of another few shots. (But I still have a few left, and I wouldn't want to waste any needlessly.) Christmas took care of my money so no developing the film anyway this month.

Well, that's my excuse. I hope my membership isn't revoked when my car is removed for lack of a picture.

I have one solution, although not a good one. I have one picture where you can see most of my car which I could upload.

Your call, I'lll happily accept whatever happens.

The picture in question is at http://www.griffindesign.org/musicstall.html

No ones membership will be be closed if they end up with an empty showroom because of any of the deletions I mentioned earlier.

Although your showroom obviously will not appear in the main showroom listing until you upload a new item with a picture.

Jeez, I just had a clearout, I got nothing left!

A month ago, I had a Clod, a Holiday Buggy, Super Champ, Ford Ranger, a NIB Blitzer and a load of spares.

Could people please stop buying stuff from me - I only advertised it to appease the fiance[;)]

Could we have another category; 'No, I'm not selling it - you have my wallet, what more do you want'[:D]

If I even mention 'toy cars' at the wedding, it'll be the quickest divorce ever!