Golden

Tamtech Ferrari GTO - battery and servo options...

I’ve picked one of these up NIB, and am enjoying the build so far (I really like the slightly different build processes across the different chassis types - the main part of RC stuff for me I think...!) - but.... I didn’t realise they have much smaller battery and servo requirements....

Can anyone advise what battery and servo will fit (it’s 1:12 scale), as the bespoke tamtech stuff is long discontinued. I think the following core servo will fit (will check once it arrives, as Gavin advised it will fit the Kyosho Fantom which is on my build list and looks to have same requirements.....) - and I’ve found this carson which looks about right - but be really useful if anyone else can confirm? I’m not going the Lipo route for now, so need to stay NimH.... and I’m in the UK, so mostly UK or EU suppliers are best for me. 

And finally - how do I get brave enough to stray away from PS-2 for it!!!!

Many thanks All!

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-nimh-battery-pack-2-3-af-1600mah-7-2v-straight-pack-premium-sport-w-mt/rc-car-products/384284

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/core-rc-servo-5kg-08-sec-1-12th-gt12/rc-car-products/378635

Tamico HRC Racing Battery - 6 cells - HRC 1600 - RC Car Micro - NiMH - 7.2V tamico.de and also Conrad Conrad energy NiMH accupack 7.2 V 1300 mAh Aantal cellen: 6 Side by Side Micro-car-bus | Conrad.nl have the dedicated battery packs with the correct connector. Alternative is to buy the connection set and solder it yourself. Maybe better to change to the connector style of your prefered ESC.

The Tamiya servo is very expensive but still available. Alternative small servos can be used but must be modified if I remember well. Can't help you here.