Wooster

Replacement rear tyres for Blitzer Beetle

Hi Blitzer owners. I’m wanting replacement rear tyres for my Blitzer Beetle. With a Super Stock motor in there i have to go easy on the acceleration or it will spin out. The Super Gripper tyres look cool but soon stop living up to their name. Can anyone suggest some tyres with bigger tread that will fit the Blitzer rear wheels?

Try Schumacher V4's. They are a popoular choice. I run Blue compound which I believe is  medium. Others are available

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Wooster said:

Great - thanks Wooders28 and Busdriver - Schumacher V4s it is :)

Blue - hard compound , less grip but last ages.

Green - medium compound.

Yellow - Soft compound,  good grip , not bad wear, use for racing

Silver - Super soft , work well in the wet, but high wear.

Just now, Wooders28 said:

Blue - hard compound , less grip but last ages.

Green - medium compound.

Yellow - Soft compound,  good grip , not bad wear, use for racing

Silver - Super soft , work well in the wet, but high wear.

I stand corrected:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Proline 2.2 Trenchers or Dirt Hawgs also fit. I’ve been using Trenchers and Sand Paws for a while on rough ground and still have plenty left on them.

They look like tractor tyres on there compared to the stock rubber though. But I’m more than happy with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Wooster mine used to spin out when I first built it with just a Silver Can in it. I used a thin bicycle grease in the Diff, so once I started upgrading the motor it became un-drivable. 
I opened it up and packed it with AW grease instead and has been great ever since, now on 2s and a 3450kv motor. It also brakes in a straight line too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

@Wooster mine used to spin out when I first built it with just a Silver Can in it. I used a thin bicycle grease in the Diff, so once I started upgrading the motor it became un-drivable. 
I opened it up and packed it with AW grease instead and has been great ever since, now on 2s and a 3450kv motor. It also brakes in a straight line too. 

Censored or un? I put a Absyma un in mine and the cogging drives me nuts,did not know about cogging prior, will not buy un again. Thinking of getting another Blitzer and change the styling a bit. mine not box art but all else is. 

5 hours ago, Gazzalene said:

Censored or un? I put a Absyma un in mine and the cogging drives me nuts,did not know about cogging prior, will not buy un again. Thinking of getting another Blitzer and change the styling a bit. mine not box art but all else is. 

My Blitzer has been a bit of a learning curve for me. I started with Brushed motors an NiMH batteries & the Stock 104BK ESC (which fried on the second ever outing) to TBLE 02. 
I then got into LiPo’s and Brushless with a 1060 Hobbywing and 13.5t Sensored set up.

I noticed that the long 275mm sensor wire was starting to get damaged so I thought I’d give a Sensorless combo a go.

The ZTW Beast combo doesn’t seem to cog but there isn’t much slow speed on it out of the box like the Hobbywing had. I would say at the moment it takes off at around 20% throttle from a stand still. That doesn’t bother to much as I don’t need slow speed control where I use this car.

I was hoping my Hobbywing program box would work to tune the ZTW as they look the same, but unfortunately doesn’t. Maybe I’ll pick up a ZTW box later if I see one, I’m not in a hurry for it and I’m quite happy as it is at the moment. 

Re-Bugged, that's all good info thanks. I am going to take the BL uncensored out and try a Brushed with 2s.

Read that the Tamiya TBLE2 can run lower than spec`ed turns. I will have to look into what turn will be fun in the blitzer. if and when the esc blows will go with a HW 1060 etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

Read that the Tamiya TBLE2 can run lower than spec`ed turns. I will have to look into what turn will be fun in the blitzer. if and when the esc blows will go with a HW 1060 etc.

I used a Sport Tuned with my TBLE 02 it was fine on hard surfaces but got really hot in Sand and serious off road stuff as did the NiMH battery, which was the main reason I went to LiPo & Brushless. 

On 4/2/2021 at 11:53 PM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Strongly recommend. Don't forget to buy to foam inserts to go inside them. 

So I’ve got my Schumacher Vee 4s and some (soft) foam inserts to go in them. I’m new to the foam thing so I’ve got a couple of newbie questions you may be able to answer: Would you recommend trimming the inserts to round them off a bit? Is there any point glueing the inserts to the inside of the tyres before glueing the tyres to the wheel rims? Thanks in advance :D

1 hour ago, Wooster said:

Would you recommend trimming the inserts to round them off a bit?

I know some who do, and some that don't (me). Personally I dont think it'll make much of a difference, once they're stuffed in...🙄

1 hour ago, Wooster said:

Is there any point glueing the inserts to the inside of the tyres before glueing the tyres to the wheel rims?

No, once they're in the tyre, and the tyre glued to the rim, they ain't going anywhere.

I don't know if anyone else does it, but ,once the insert is inside the tyre, and it's on the wheel, I put the tyre onto the next lip all the way round, then carefully bring just the tyre back over to where it'll sit, then do the same the other side. I've found it makes sure the insert isn't caught anywhere, and to help stop having a wobbly wheel. 

(Could do nothing what so ever, just something I do...🙄🤷‍♂️)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't get the tires with foams wet.  They become giant water-logged sponges.

I have wheels/tires specifically for wet conditions (the beach) and some for dry (the yard).  The wet ones don't have foam...

Terry

• Thanks 1