Sign in to follow this  
FatherDagon

Servo Question - Which one for the Rising Fighter?

I am not sure this is a mistake or not, but the Rising Fighter kit I got didn't have a servo included. On the store website I got this from, it didn't list it as one of the items needed to complete the kit. That aside, I now need to get one last minute from our local shop. These are the servos my local store has in stock (with a reasonable price), so which of these would work well with the kit? I am installing a QuicRun 1060 ESC and a Tactic TTX300 remote with TR325 Receiver. Thanks in advance!

1) Futaba S3003 Standard Servo (least expensive)

2) Traxxas 2018 Plastic Gear Standard Servo

3) Spektrum RC S6170 Standard Digital Surface Servo

4) Savox SC-0254MG Standard Digital Servo

5) Savox SC-0252MG Standard Digital Metal Gear Servo

I've just built a rising fighter and used an old basic acoms servo that I had in my spare parts, it works fine.  From your list I'd go with the futaba.  It's a basic buggy that doesn't need a fast or high torque servo.

If you use a servo saver, the Futaba will be okay.  If it’s a servo you want to last for a few generations of RC’s the Savox will do you right.  Above all, never buy Traxxas servos.

1 hour ago, FatherDagon said:

I am not sure this is a mistake or not, but the Rising Fighter kit I got didn't have a servo included. On the store website I got this from, it didn't list it as one of the items needed to complete the kit. That aside, I now need to get one last minute from our local shop. These are the servos my local store has in stock (with a reasonable price), so which of these would work well with the kit? I am installing a QuicRun 1060 ESC and a Tactic TTX300 remote with TR325 Receiver. Thanks in advance!

1) Futaba S3003 Standard Servo (least expensive)

2) Traxxas 2018 Plastic Gear Standard Servo

3) Spektrum RC S6170 Standard Digital Surface Servo

4) Savox SC-0254MG Standard Digital Servo

5) Savox SC-0252MG Standard Digital Metal Gear Servo

Futaba will be just fine 

23 minutes ago, FatherDagon said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I went ahead and picked up a couple of the Futaba servos.

Are these cars going to see track use? (Thought I saw another thread that they might?) If they are then I would get the Savox 0254MG from that list, and ideally run it at 6v not 4.8v.

A Futaba S3003 lasted about 3mins on track without a servo saver.

I might goof around with them with my son at the local track. I already got the Futaba servos though. That said, it won't hurt my feelings to have to replace these $10 servos if they aren't up to snuff, and will keep the Savox in mind since they stock them locally. Thanks!

• Like 2

They work fine, especially on those buggies. I've run them in a Monster Beetle and they have been fine even with the big heavy wheels. Its specifically track use where they don't last, one bad landing and you strip gears.

If you plan more cars then look at banggood or aliexpress, they have some cheap but good servos, you just have to orde4 well before you need them