Sign in to follow this  
Krustybus

Thunder Tiger Phoenix Truck - new project

So a friend of mine offered me a Thunder Tiger Phoenix truck for what seems to be an extremely good price (couldn't even buy a new Blitzer Beetle body set for what I paid for it ;)) I Had a quick Google to try and find out more and found a few bits of info. Anyway I said yes I'll have it, seemed to cheap to pass up...you know how these things go.

Does anyone on here have much experience with these trucks? I posted the question on the RC Kicks FB page and found out they're basically a clone of an older Associated truck. I guess this gives an option for parts? Are they quite durable compared to say the aforementioned Blitzer?

My plan once it shows up in the post is to give it a good clean (it's not been used for around 4 years) and get it running. If it's fun I'll probably keep it as a basher but just wanted to find out a little more about it from other owners. 

Cheers :) 

I had intentions on buying the Pheonix Buggy, quite similar to the truck. I think its a good chassis over all. basically a B4 clone.

I am keen to hear your thoughts on the differential and gears..