Juhunio

Instructions for VQS Hi-Caps 47455

Hi

Has anyone got the instruction manual from the VQS Hi-Cap set (47455) and wouldn't mind scanning / sharing it please?

I'm building a set for my Super Astute, based on a Top Force Hi-cap set for the rears and acquired parts for the shorter front dampers, all of which I did before they then released the VGS Set :rolleyes:

I'm flying a bit blind in terms of the right combination of spacers and o-rings for the fronts, and can't find the 47455 instructions anywhere on line, hence the ask!

Cheers, Matt

If I'm not mistaken the instructions should be the same as those for building the egress 2013 front dampers. Manual is on the tamiya site. Unfortunately I've moved recently so can't find my vqs set to scan, but before they were released I did the same and just cobbled together egress fronts from parts and used the egress manual.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DGunn1 said:

If I'm not mistaken the instructions should be the same as those for building the egress 2013 front dampers. Manual is on the tamiya site. Unfortunately I've moved recently so can't find my vqs set to scan, but before they were released I did the same and just cobbled together egress fronts from parts and used the egress manual.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated đź‘Ť

Yup, I had found the egress manual, it’s where I got the part codes from. I was intending to follow those instructions, but decided to have a look for the VQS set instructions first. All I could find was this image in an eBay listing 

spacer.png

Straight off the bat it shows a 1.5mm spacer being used inside the cylinder, which the egress doesn’t. I have the instructions for the Top Force set (essentially the VQS rears) and it also features spacers and o-rings on the piston rod outside the cylinder, which the egress does not

There’s enough going on there to indicate the VQS hi cap build is different to the egress, I guess due to the damper orientation being more upright than the egress?

Hence the call out to see if anyone had the VQS hi cap instructions to hand 🙏

Cheers! 

19 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Hi

Has anyone got the instruction manual from the VQS Hi-Cap set (47455) and wouldn't mind scanning / sharing it please?

I'm building a set for my Super Astute, based on a Top Force Hi-cap set for the rears and acquired parts for the shorter front dampers, all of which I did before they then released the VGS Set :rolleyes:

I'm flying a bit blind in terms of the right combination of spacers and o-rings for the fronts, and can't find the 47455 instructions anywhere on line, hence the ask!

Cheers, Matt

Hi @Juhunio    I would encourage the Egress set up with no spacers inside or outside of the cylinder for your Super Astute.  Unless....you would only use spacers inside the cylinder if you want to reduce the ride height.

Is the Top Force Hi-Cap rear piston rod the same length as the Egress ?  If it is then it's a perfect match for Hi-Caps going into the rear of a Super Astute.  I'll also check out my OG SA manual as I think it has build instructions for Hop Up (Hi-Cap Dampers) and report back ! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thommo said:

Is the Top Force Hi-Cap rear piston rod the same length as the Egress ?  If it is then it's a perfect match for Hi-Caps going into the rear of a Super Astute.  

Yup, I ended up buying a set of Egress piston rods (F&R) and the rears were identical to the ones that came in the TF Hi Cap set anyway! 

F&R Egress rods are both a few mm longer than the kit SA rods 

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

I'll also check out my OG SA manual as I think it has build instructions for Hop Up (Hi-Cap Dampers) and report back ! 

That would be great, cheers! The re:re manual just references the DF03 dampers as a hop up, not the Hi Caps 

@MICHAELs TopForce17 thanks very much, really appreciate it :)

Oh! And this is my 1000th post! Based on how much I have learned from this forum over the last couple of years, it seems very appropriate that it is a 'thank you' :D

• Like 2