nowinaminute

Any Cheap TL-01B/WR-01/WT-01 Rear Arms / Dog Bones?

I want to do the wide conversion to my Konghead. I have a set of front and rear arms and upper links from an old project and I did, at some point, acquire another set of rears (I think?) for go in the middle but I can't find the bar steward things anywhere! I really don't want to buy two whole parts trees which you have to with these models to get the pair of arms. Seems pointless and not cost effect to buy two parts trees just to get the 2 arms.

Does anyone have a pair of rear arms and links knocking about? They don't have to be pretty as long as they are intact and functional. And I will probably need 2 dog bones as well!

Cheers!

@nowinaminute I'm pretty sure I've got a dozen sets of TL-01B arms around, probably used, might even have some unused ones still on the parts tree if you're lucky.  Probably got some bones of the dog, too.  If you can wait until late this evening, I'll jump up into the storage pile and see if I can find them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

@nowinaminute I'm pretty sure I've got a dozen sets of TL-01B arms around, probably used, might even have some unused ones still on the parts tree if you're lucky.  Probably got some bones of the dog, too.  If you can wait until late this evening, I'll jump up into the storage pile and see if I can find them

Sounds great!

@nowinaminute I found a new parts tree with the arms parts on, also some used (but clean) arms.  I'm happy to put either in the post to you.

I'm sure I have some bones of the dog as well but I couldn't find them last night, however I have a tub of parts left over from a massive WT-01/FF-02/M-03 project bonanza I was working on a year ago, so they're probably in there.  I'll be in the workshop on Sunday so I'll go through it then and see if I can find them, if you can wait until then?

1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

@nowinaminute I found a new parts tree with the arms parts on, also some used (but clean) arms.  I'm happy to put either in the post to you.

I'm sure I have some bones of the dog as well but I couldn't find them last night, however I have a tub of parts left over from a massive WT-01/FF-02/M-03 project bonanza I was working on a year ago, so they're probably in there.  I'll be in the workshop on Sunday so I'll go through it then and see if I can find them, if you can wait until then?

Used ones would be fine for me. I can wait, it's been waiting for a year or so already lol. Thanks!

On 4/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, Mad Ax said:

Any luck?

Hi - yes - apologies it's taken so long to get back to you, had a manic couple of weeks and besides putting up cool wall shelves I haven't had much chance to sort out RC stuff.  But yes - I have found some used top arms, bottom arms and dogbones - they are set aside in a jiffy bag ready to post.  Drop me a PM with your address and I'll get them out tomorrow :) 

BUMP - Just need one more rear arm now. Mad Ax very kindly sent me some parts but I appear to be missing one of the 4 arms I thought I already had so I'm still after one long rear arm!

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

BUMP - Just need one more rear arm now. Mad Ax very kindly sent me some parts but I appear to be missing one of the 4 arms I thought I already had so I'm still after one long rear arm!

Do you have access to an FDM printer? If you do, I remixed some designs I found on my Thingiverse for my own GF01 and G601TR wide conversion. 

It holds fine on my G601 since it is runs at slower crawl speed. As for my GF01, it runs on a hotter motor so it may be more susceptible for cracks and breakage but I just reprint it... so far I've only broken one... If you want to try and print it, let me know. 

Do the arms come on the TL01b sprue that the bumpers come on? If so ive probably got some you can have as i only needed the bumper.

56 minutes ago, burakol said:

Do you have access to an FDM printer? If you do, I remixed some designs I found on my Thingiverse for my own GF01 and G601TR wide conversion. 

It holds fine on my G601 since it is runs at slower crawl speed. As for my GF01, it runs on a hotter motor so it may be more susceptible for cracks and breakage but I just reprint it... so far I've only broken one... If you want to try and print it, let me know. 

I know someone who can print for me yes. Not sure how they would hold up but worth a try, maybe! I've used printed DT-02 arms on the front of my Lunchbox and they held up fairly well although not perfect of course. And I have a few others vehicles I would like to make wide so it would save a lot of money and unnecessary parts trees if you have a file I could try out?

55 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Do the arms come on the TL01b sprue that the bumpers come on? If so ive probably got some you can have as i only needed the bumper.

Yes the C parts I think. 

WT-01/TL-01B C-Parts Suspension - Spare & Option Parts - RC Spare & Option  Parts - Tamiya Accessories - Accessories - www.tamiya.de

If you have the 2 parts needed to make a rear arm I would be very grateful. Happy to pay a small fee for your trouble, just don't want to spend £10+ on a whole parts tree AND add to the already huge pile of parts trees with 1 or 2 bits missing lol

3 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

I know someone who can print for me yes. Not sure how they would hold up but worth a try, maybe! I've used printed DT-02 arms on the front of my Lunchbox and they held up fairly well although not perfect of course. And I have a few others vehicles I would like to make wide so it would save a lot of money and unnecessary parts trees if you have a file I could try out?

Yeah, I can send you a .stl file. Lmk you your email and ill forward it to you. 

10 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Yes the C parts I think. 

Ok cool, pretty sure i have them now ive seen that - will check when i get home from work and you can have them.

34 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

One rear arm!

Pm your address and i will post it tomorrow

Resized_20210714_213300_7118.jpeg

Thanks very much, I will PM you.

6 hours ago, burakol said:

Yeah, I can send you a .stl file. Lmk you your email and ill forward it to you. 

Thank you very much, now I can experiment with a wide dump truck and tractor too. 

And maybe one day I can have a wide willy too, it's nice to dream! :lol: