Sign in to follow this  
Hobgoblin

DF01/Manta Ray/Top Force

Unfortunate sales post here. 
My happy squeaky child has decided to grow a lump and has just cost me £182 to have it checked out. Part and parcel of having small animals unfortunately. I need to make that dent so some of my toys are going to have to go! 
DF01/Manta Ray/Top Force
Calling it a top force is a bit of a lie it's a OG 90's Manta Ray that had had a nick walker carbon chassis, re release top force shocks and some jazz rider alu. 
Rough spec:
8.5t speed passion brushless motor (can be replaced with 13.5t speed passion) 
120a generic sensored controller (fan removed) 
2 cell 4200mah 25c turnigy hardcase lipo
Low profile turnigy metal gear servo
Tamiya CVD's up front 
Front and rear ball differentials (have 1 spare gear dif I can swap in) 
Aftermarket aluminium steering knuckles 
Tamiya alu motor mount and hardened prop shaft
Racecraft body shell from penguin (velcro mounts at the side) 
Pepper pot wheels from  JC racing with pro line pin point tires. 
Has a turnigy RX which I'll remove unless you have a GT5 handset. 
Bit of a melting pot, definitely not one for the purists as there's a mix of original, re release and Aftermarket buy it was a really fun car and I'm really sad to see it go! 
Comes with some spares, not lots of great use but things like shock bodies etc. Old tub chassis and that. Has the body mount too so if you wanted to fit a normal body the option is there. Rear bumper too - I run without one. 
There's a decent amount invested in this but I'm realistic on price. I'd like £200 within the UK. Or any offer over £182 at a push lol! 
Happy to answer any questions just send us a message. 
Ps his name is Arnie (aka the Terminibbler) he likes sleeping and eating green peppers and servo leads

rec7lgd.jpg

W3uR8Ac.jpg

3qowxlE.jpg

rec7lgd.jpg

YId0dgV.jpg

7oTZKBp.jpg

ZIQWMDa.jpg

Vp95UbL.jpg

8kVScjK.jpg

rxVHN7o.jpg

4HD1bKz.jpg

20 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Hope he's ok and its nothing to worry about!

He's going to be sulking for a few days as his belly had to be shaved for the test sample! He's young enough that it's going to be fairly positive either way, if its nothing he's got to live with a little lump or if its something more sinister or they couldn't be 100% sure he'll just have it removed and cost me 4-600! Then I'll be selling a Falcon and more besides. Joys of having pets. He'll get some extra treats tonight at least. 

• Like 1

just giving a heads up here but this is one RC im rather interested in. im not sure if i should even ask this at all but is fitting a Manta ray body on it possible? im in Canada and a manta ray is unfortunately something on my wanted list, the kits are hard enough to come by as is. im trying to keep my kits at a low number but im itching for something that can run that sort of body. 

Hi @nel33 The Manta body fits still, the wheelbase is the same as the MR and the shock towers still clear. I don't have my MR body anymore so I can't show you how it looks on the chassis but a quick search shows this 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=36245&id=24

As the Manta Ray is designed around the tub chassis, you'll probably want to find yourself an undertray of some kind just to protect the chassis and fill out as it can look like its sitting high. 

3 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

Hi @nel33 The Manta body fits still, the wheelbase is the same as the MR and the shock towers still clear. I don't have my MR body anymore so I can't show you how it looks on the chassis but a quick search shows this 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=36245&id=24

As the Manta Ray is designed around the tub chassis, you'll probably want to find yourself an undertray of some kind just to protect the chassis and fill out as it can look like its sitting high. 

thank you for the reply. i figured the rear body post mount was a bit too low with your current top force body setup just going off the current body lines. im still new to the hobby so my knowledge of aftermarket parts is till rather thin. im still trying to think out what sort of possibilities would be needed to make the body sit higher and where to locate them.

i do see a hole for a screw on the right rear corner on the diff housing?? that might serve as some sort of mounting point in some way. one hole  might not be sufficiently strong but it does provide a possible starting area. the 5th pic does has some wiring hiding a possible second hole where a under tray tray can be put on with 2 mounting points. is a bracket to mount the wing included in the spares?  if i read correctly the original rear body post is still available with the spares, thats a very interesting prospect. if its true, i would be very interested in getting this Manta/Top Force. i dont really mind the combination of all the parts on the kit as it currently is, its actually a plus with original, rere and carbon parts. i do have some spare TT02 body posts that i can repurpose one if needed.

that was a nice looking Manta body that was shown in that showroom area.

I am interested in the whole lot if still for sale. 

I know I am new here, but am a long time TA02 guy getting back into it.

FWIW, I am in NY USA.