Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Vintage Reviews Now Live!!

Hi all,

The vintage review section is very close now - next day or two...

Bit stuck for a name for it yet though, as there are vintage reviews, old averts, old leaflets and other stuff all in there - what short word encompasses all that and would fit in the main menu on the left?

suggestions, please...

Just finished processing reviews for the Bruiser and Wild One, plus a couple of adverts. There will be about 15 items in this section eventually.

Watch this space.

How about "Historic" or just plain "Vintage".

or you could put something like "Pre-90's" if that covers the era your talking about.

What about "old stuff"

or

"memrobillia" (spelt right not like mine)

or

"classic era"

lewis

I like this section a lot Chris this is a great idea. I had to laugh when reading the Bruiser article and the lack of mention of the Blazer and Hilux. The guy wrote it like they were never released.

Thanks again,

If I could make a suggestion for the title of this section how about:

nostalgia

quote:I had to laugh when reading the Bruiser article and the lack of mention of the Blazer and Hilux. The guy wrote it like they were never released.

id="quote">id="quote">

Not to mention his bruiser uses a 400maH battery. If that achieves a half hour run, imagine what the proper 4000maH battery can do! [;)]

Hi, Chris

Great feature - How do I upload further ones? Scan the Adverts then E-mail then to you and you put them on?

I have almost every edition of 'Model Cars' magazine from 1982 to 1990 and RIKO adverts were almost on the back of almost every one. I have also Tamiya flyers of the Brat and Frog which I can also Scan.

Thanks

as always contributions are always welcome.

Scans should ideally be 1024 pixels wide (height isn;t a problem)

send them to scans@tamiyaclub.com as obviously named jpg files.

If your scanner has a 'Descreen' option or you can set the media type to 'Printed' that could help the quality but its not essential. As always we are always we will take whatever you can supply - anything is better than nothing!

I also need...

- your membership number (which should now be near you name in the top right)

- the magazine used

- the author

- the date of publication.

Cheers

Chris

One for Chris,

Actually, thinking about it I have a price list of kits that came from a Hilux body set I have. Theres prices for all the early kits from 6 wheel Tyrrell upto Hilux would be the latest.

It's in Japanese but might be of interest. It's A4 wide but about one and three quaters A4 long. If it's of interest I could scan it in 4 pages.

Some more adverts just posted thanks to KevingTheGerbil.

A great one of the SuperChamp!

I like the 959 add, I might want to print it out on poster size... Would look cool in my room. [8D] (Or is that 'upstairs garage'? [:o] )

Only that TC logo thingy is bothering me... [:(] Can you make it like the manuals (without one)? You can't download those in masses as well I hear (if that is your concern, Chris)... [:)] Please look into it.

Could the reviews and adverts be sorted in order the cars were released? Might come in handy when we are getting more and more of them, and we want to look up a specific one... [;)]

quote:Originally posted by netsmithUK

I'm afraid watermarks are here to stay. Unfortunately its a sign of the times...

id="quote">id="quote">

How about those 'invisible' marks? I hear it's a pain to add. Is it becuase of the color maybe the manuals got them and the adds not...? [:o] I could always mail bholio when I really want a 'clean' scan... Got no time for poster maing anyway now.. [:)] It would look good with my Rothmans and Racing decals I just got... [:D]

Sjoerd

quote:
Is it becuase of the color maybe the manuals got them and the adds not...?
id="quote">id="quote">

no... its because I thought people would be much more likely to print the manuals out rather than the adverts. This and the fact that the system I have set up for the vintage reviews and adverts is 'automated' on which means I don't really have to do any work.

Manuals require a little more intervention from me so its not really too much of a problem to add the 'invisble' watermarks to these.

If you want a great copy for your own use without the watermark, then you can always ask the original contributor for a copy, or even place a 'wanted' ad in the forums and see if you can get the original magazine, you could then scan at what ever resolution you liked...

Chris