whahooo

Painting Chassisparts

Hello,

i will be getting a Lancia 037 TA02 this week.

I do not know if it ready to use LEDs, so i searched the Interweb and Youtube.

I`ve found that Video:

That guy painted the Chassis, but i don`t know if that is a good Idea, because i think i will look very bad after just one run.....

Do you paint your chassis??

How does it hold up??

Did anyone has LEDs fitted to a Lancia 037?

I would not paint the chassis unless maybe if it's a shelf queen.. but shelf queens imho hold value if kept in an original box art state unless completely custom original..

I have tried painting chassis parts, and as you suspect, they look rubbish after the first run. Dying them is far better, as the colour seeps into the part rather than just sitting on the surface, so light scratches don't show up, and of course it doesn't flake off.

• Like 2

As far as I remember, all the light buckets had holes for 3mm LED's.

But I used 1.4mm micro LED's for mine, which i fitted to styrene tube and then inserted in the light buckets, so it's a bit difficult for me to measure them now without disassembling them.

Sorry I didn't catch the other thread earlier. I didn't get an alert I think because of the lowercase f.

• Like 1

On some builds, I've painted screw heads etc, made it look pretty, taken a load of pics, then ran it. It'll never look that pretty again (unless I do a rebuild), but I don't build stuff ,to just look at them.