SuperJoeUK

Wanted G601 King Yellow F Parts - F3

Hi,

After a nasty hit on the front bumper one of the screws holding the bumper onto part F3 has snapped, leaving part of the screw inside the part :blink:.

Dont suppose anyone has an F parts tree or F3 available to sell ? I can’t find one online anywhere :(

cheers

This is a part that will keep snapping - before you start using your new one reinforce it with copious amounts of hot glue gun glue around the entire thing.

Then, when it breaks again just buy part #54796 - a much stronger piece. 

spacer.png

Hi,

Ok cheers will give that a go (glue gun), I fitted the bigger of the two bumpers as I thought it looked the best (opinions may vary), and while I was fitting it I had this nagging thought "I wonder if this is a mistake...…." more prone to damage etc.

Odd thing is, there isn't a mark on the bumper itself !    Yet it took a hit hard enough to snap the screw.. I guess as it's bigger it puts more stress on the screw if a force is applied to the end, levers and all that (school physics lesson just pinged into my mind lol).   

And yeah I saw Tony's Tamiya Parts had one of those skid guards and I was going to get one if I couldn't find the F part. Wasn't exactly cheap but main worry was if the body stuck our further than that part ?

Those screws are made of pot metal, I'm sure... I broke mine and sent my bumpers to @lsear2905, now I just run without. 

If you buy the stainless pins set for the arms #53301 you can run the same bumper on the front that's on the back...

• Like 1

Hi,

Yeah agreed not very strong !

Oooo interesting.... So use the Pins to secure the front arms instead of the 'U shaped shaft' and then leave the F3 off and screw a C19 on the front, and there are spares of those in the box I'm fairly sure.... Cracking idea thanks :D 

On 4/13/2021 at 6:36 PM, SuperJoeUK said:

Hi,

Ok cheers will give that a go (glue gun), I fitted the bigger of the two bumpers as I thought it looked the best (opinions may vary), and while I was fitting it I had this nagging thought "I wonder if this is a mistake...…." more prone to damage etc.

Odd thing is, there isn't a mark on the bumper itself !    Yet it took a hit hard enough to snap the screw.. I guess as it's bigger it puts more stress on the screw if a force is applied to the end, levers and all that (school physics lesson just pinged into my mind lol).   

And yeah I saw Tony's Tamiya Parts had one of those skid guards and I was going to get one if I couldn't find the F part. Wasn't exactly cheap but main worry was if the body stuck our further than that part ?

I did buy bumpers from @berman but those **** screws (and that bit they screw in to) are definitely a weak point. I still run a smaller bumper on the Konghead but on my Dump truck the aluminium skid is brilliant... it doesn't stick out further than the body though if that's what you're worried about.

Hi,

Ok cheers may get one of those aluminium skids at one point, for now I've done what @berman suggested and got some pins and put the same bumper on the front as is on the back.

Looks good and it sticks out to exact same level as front of the body, and as the body will flex due to the long mounts it shouldn't take any whacks if when I crash it !!

Took it out again yesterday, with a sport motor it goes plenty fast enough, got some air out of it going over natural ramps. And everyone smiles when they see it flying about :D