Friday night, my partner bought me a Blackfoot re-release. I've wanted a Blackfoot since I was a child in the 80's and I'm still in awe of it. This will be my second RC build and I think I have a good roadmap forward, but I wanted to run it by the community.

I'm planning on getting the MIP Ball Differential, Frog Universal Shafts, and Ball Bearings in it as I build. I also plan on picking up a Lexan pickup truck body for when I actually run it, out in the parks of suburban Omaha. 

Are there any other recommended mods? Things I should be aware of before building it?

• Like 2

Hi @chuckjaywalk congrats on owning the BF :D Other mods to look out for include but not limited too:

standoffs or ampro shapeway knuckles for reduced bump steer

redrill servo supports for mounting centrally, with new equal lengths steering arms, also an amrpro Shapeways part available. 

if you can find it the super Blackfoot / Bush devil speedo cover makes an improved setup for front shock tower  rigidity. 

high torque servo saver 

As it turns out, there is another Member that just got a Monster Beetle...

Rather than retyping the same, I hope it’s ok if I redirect you...

Terry

Its been a while (a couple of years???) since I've updated my Upgrade List for my Frog...

Welcome to the forum. 
I can’t say I have much expertise on the Blackfoot/ SRB chassis in general. I’ve never owned one, but the suggestions above all seem like solid upgrades. 
Nice to se your partner supporting your hobby and buying you the kit. Hopefully they're just as understanding when and if you go on a deep dive into upgrading and modifying. LOL 

25 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

Welcome to the forum. 
I can’t say I have much expertise on the Blackfoot/ SRB chassis in general. I’ve never owned one, but the suggestions above all seem like solid upgrades. 
Nice to se your partner supporting your hobby and buying you the kit. Hopefully they're just as understanding when and if you go on a deep dive into upgrading and modifying. LOL 

Oh no, I'm the one who has to be understanding in that regard. She's already got an SCX-24, TT-01E Buggyara Fat Fox, a random TT-02, and an M-07R in various states of completion. Her eye is on an Associated Buggy to take advantage of all the offroad racing at our local track. I'm content to wrench on my TT-02 until it is ready for racing before I even crack the cellophane on the Blackfoot.

• Like 1

She's one of a kind. 

Funny thing is, we wandered into the Hobbytown on the off chance they carried Magic the Gathering cards. She had no awareness with the RC hobby and all I knew was gleaned from RC Car Action magazines in the early 90's. Two months later, we are hooked.

• Like 1

Mine has 2 vehicles in our collection she considers “hers” 

I built the G6-01 King Yellow for her since she works in education. (Adjunct College English Professor, I know college freshman don’t ride a school bus to class, but the sentient is still there .) and An SCX24.

2020 has taught us both to take an active Interest in the other’s respective hobbies.  She started actively driving and playing with RC and has taught me to start using the new sewing machine .  I’m planning to apply that knowledge to start making Lucha Libre wrestling masks 

While we were having this conversation, she bought a TT-02R so she can Club Race with me and gave me the slightly hopped up TT-02 she had built already, so I can convert it into a Rally Car for bashing.

• Like 1