gizard

RCjaz order

They have a good price for a CR-01 ATM and I was wondering what it will cost in all to the UK.

they claim:

Do the import duty, tax or VAT included in the listed price?
No. Customers are solely responsible for all import duties, import taxes and VAT. These are not included in the cost of shipping or handling of your order. Please check with your local customs agency for details on estimated costs. In addition, Customs, duty, and taxes are non-refundable, so if you refuse a shipment because of unexpected import fees,
-the cost of the original shipping,
-10% cancellation fee and
-any return shipping charges
will not be refunded.

So if the order is £390.92 + £112.50 for shipping I assume I will have to pay 20% VAT and 2.5% Customs fee on top - am I correct? (£113.26 total: £616.69) or will i get stung for more?

£270 at wonderland models :P

or...

£279.99 (-10% subscribers) & free delivery at Fusion

1 minute ago, J@mes said:

£270 at wonderland models :P

ahh that is the rock socker - so no bearings and it isn't in stock - RCJaz have the Land Cruiser 40 at £219 (and a bunch of other bits I would like.....).

You may get stung for less - my orders from RCJaz have always been marked as lower value than they are.  From memory my TRF102 was valued at US50 which meant I avoided all fees here.  That was without asking them to do anything as well, they just did it.

8 hours ago, gizard said:

ahh that is the rock socker - so no bearings and it isn't in stock - RCJaz have the Land Cruiser 40 at £219 (and a bunch of other bits I would like.....).

to be fair i need to do the maths on the other parts i would like as bearings are 30 quid and i am unsure if there any other differences between the kits.

Actually not much at all in the final price, just waiting to here parts availability from fusion.

AsiaTees has the CR01 Land Cruiser in stock for $270 USD. Not sure about their shipping and fees to the UK, but their shipping to the US has been very reasonable. Best I’ve found of the Far East suppliers. I just bought a Kyosho Fantom and shipping was $25 via FedEx. 

thanks, i had a quick look - their other parts are very thin on the ground - so i am waiting to hear from Fusion here in the UK which might well have pretty much everything i am looking for. Would be nice to have the aluminium servo beds which appear to be very elusive - as others have found recently.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:09 PM, gizard said:

They have a good price for a CR-01 ATM and I was wondering what it will cost in all to the UK.

they claim:

Do the import duty, tax or VAT included in the listed price?
No. Customers are solely responsible for all import duties, import taxes and VAT. These are not included in the cost of shipping or handling of your order. Please check with your local customs agency for details on estimated costs. In addition, Customs, duty, and taxes are non-refundable, so if you refuse a shipment because of unexpected import fees,
-the cost of the original shipping,
-10% cancellation fee and
-any return shipping charges
will not be refunded.

So if the order is £390.92 + £112.50 for shipping I assume I will have to pay 20% VAT and 2.5% Customs fee on top - am I correct? (£113.26 total: £616.69) or will i get stung for more?

112£ for shipping sounds nuts. Who would pay such amount and why?

Well I was considering it as with all the costs added up it is about the same as what I would pay in the UK. I am just waiting to hear whether I can get all the parts in the UK.