Carmine A

ENTERING the BIG Money Pit Club - Grand Hauler!!

26 minutes ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

Yea, it seemed to get High Jacked. Sorry!

Oh don't worry! I didn't mean that. I've been going through so much, plus the Beier learning curve, which the Beier Forum has been awesome with helping me. It's a German site, but the top dogs can respond in English!! 

I'm really hoping to get back to WORK soon!

• Like 1

Well, okay.  Hurry back?

Meanwhile, Bob didn't cover this but are you able to map the turn signals to a toggle switch? 

I'd rather not have my signals linked to the steering gimble and be able to operate them independently.

I'm guessing the answer is yes but thought I'd throw that one out there anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IXLR8 said:

Well, okay.  Hurry back?

Meanwhile, Bob didn't cover this but are you able to map the turn signals to a toggle switch? 

I'd rather not have my signals linked to the steering gimble and be able to operate them independently.

I'm guessing the answer is yes but thought I'd throw that one out there anyway.

Absolutely YES. 💯  As soon as you can figure out how to utilize Beier's mapping, nearly anything can control ANYTHING. 

And they have a wireless link for the Trailer that controls everything that the Truck does, plus independent control of Trailer Legs, Running Lights, plus 2 other Servo Outputs - that can either run Servos or a separate ESC.... (Cement Mixer? Dump Trailer?) 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Mr. Carmine sir.  :)

Okay, my mind is made; I will be ordering the Beier SFR-1 system in a few weeks. 

It's not simple plug-n-play but I believe I can handle it okay.

Meanwhile, the Blackfoot project is entering it's final phase (polish paint, add stickers) and should be completed in less than a week. 

Then, I'm on to the Grand Hauler 

WaHOO!  Can't wait. :D

• Thanks 1

Ermagherd Mr. IXLR8!! Fantastic! There's plenty of help now, from those of us who've BATTLED with these. 😲😲  Now over the hurdle, I believe all of us can say, it's easier than it seems!! Still not easy, not going to lie, but it requires actually more common sense than actual computer skills, like I originally assumed. 🙄🤣

And I knew nothing about your Blackfoot! I'll have to check it out. Then, WELCOME to the MONEY PIT!!

• Thanks 1

Well, between this site and Bob's help, I think I'll be able to handle the setup no problem.  :)

The Blackfoot I'm building is nothing special.  I've wanted one for years and I'm just going boxart (except for MCI stickers to make it appear as the original) so there's no need to post photos.  Once it's finished, I'll run it around in the yard for a few minutes, blow the dust off and place it on the shelf with the rest of the monster truck collection.  :D

Thanks for the welcome.  I've been submerged in the RC money pit for nearly 5 decades now (and enjoying every minute).  Having a Tamiya semi is just another way to continue the tradition.  :lol:  

I also do woodworking and have a small vintage motorcycle collection but I think RC will always be my favorite hobby.

• Like 3

Beier-

A lot of trial and error figuring what does what, what this means, and Etc. You'll have to know when to save or not, till you know what it does.  It will take time. (unless your a wiz) The first three Windows I guess you would call them, concentrate on those first, they are mostly for motion of truck. Then move on to the other ones. (my recommendation) It will take time to get used to it, but try this try that. Almost everything is reversible, so no worries. 

I recommend  the SFR-1 Kit. Has everything you need to get going! Then it can be expandable for a trailer in the future. There is a trailer blue tooth unit that actually works you could add later. If you want to add extra leds to the truck, you can add quite a lot. So go with at least 6 channel radio to control extras. Always set transmitter to SFR-1, so it knows position of stick travel. Very important first thing or you could get a run away as you go.

Tamiya Semi Trucks are great fun. I love building them more than playing, but there both fun. I have way to many!!

You can't own just one!

Have fun and a good choice.

• Thanks 2

On that note..... I'm soon going to let you know how Beier works with TEN Channels!! 😲😎😁

I've been studying a LOT over the past 8 months. It IS all about experimentation and trial and error. But nothing's ever fatal!! There's a Base Default that you can always go back to. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:31 PM, Carmine A said:

On that note.....😲😎😁

It IS all about experimentation and trial and error. But nothing's ever fatal!! There's a Base Default that you can always go back to. 😉

Tell it on the mountain brother!

These trucks are the MOST!

(HEY! Carmine hope you are doing well)

The summer has hit and hopefully into this coming winter i'll get back into my Tenacious structure of Tamiya Mayhem Turbulent building.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

Tell it on the mountain brother!

These trucks are the MOST!

(HEY! Carmine hope you are doing well)

The summer has hit and hopefully into this coming winter i'll get back into my Tenacious structure of Tamiya Mayhem Turbulent building.

Better......  getting ready to reboot my life! I've got a STACK of Kits from last year, just waiting. 😁 

Looking forward to YOU getting back also!

I'm gettn' slower as time goes by:lol:

Carmine, i'm at the point of life that i only know the month and year only:oVery Old Person 3 | Old faces, Smiling people, Interesting faces

It's been so much fun and i'll be back Lord willing

• Like 1

I know guys.... this is dragging on forever!! :(

I haven't had access to my workbench in nearly a year. My daughter and all her crap, moved into our small place. My poor workbench is now just a tall pile of stuff! 😲😭😭😭  Hopefully soon.... 

I have nearly perfected an EASY (mostly) and cheap way to SIGNIFICANTLY increase the steering angle on long chassis Trucks!!! Or any of them, really. 

Cheers my friends 

Also.... MORE coming! I found out that the Beier USM-RC-3 DOES work on 10 channels with the Flysky FS-i6X Radio! 

It just required setting up S-Bus on the Transmitter. 

• Like 1