gizard

UK Stock levels refreshing?

Hmm, just received notification from Modelsport that some Tamiya CVA shocks that were on back order are now on there way - does this mean that other things are going to start appearing soon?

• Like 1

Really hope so

Ive had some stuff on back order since november that was originally two weeks then slipped to feb and is now saying 12th May.

Mid may seems to be aroynd the date for everybody for everything so there must be a boat load of goodies in the sea somewhere

Just been able to order PS1 from Eurocarparts for collection tomorrow which seems to have been out of stock the last 5 - 6 weeks so hoping some of my backorders might start to show again soon.

54 minutes ago, Nwc100 said:

PS1 from Eurocarparts for collection tomorrow

It's like 2019 all over again!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gizard said:

does this mean that other things are going to start appearing soon?

Probably not, all the stocks been sent out in back orders! 🤦‍♂️😂😂

Highly unlikely at the moment that any stocks are getting replenished! All these hobby/model shops are probably suffering because if they aren't getting stock they ain't selling? Apparently my local shop is having difficulty and I've heard from more than one trader that of different companies that it's the lack of empty containers which is the big problem at the moment!

I've heard that's a big issue, they're all stuck in the supply chain. I work for a global manufacturer of construction equipment and it's causing a problem getting hold of parts. 

Obviously big companies are buying up all the spare capacity so they can to keep production rolling.

It's going to take a good while for things to settle down

So I noticed a fair few UK websites saying stock arrival for the 30th April - 1st May 

Has anyone benefited from this yet? 

A lot has slipped to the 10th of May it seems, which means it’s probably landed at port already or is due to i the next day or so. 

Delays at port in the U.K. had been quite minimal for a while now, but hearing rumblings that they may be heading back up again, we’ll see. What’s for sure true is that shipping costs have gone up dramatically, so if we not seen it yet I’d expect price rises in the future.

1 hour ago, gizard said:

So I noticed a fair few UK websites saying stock arrival for the 30th April - 1st May 

Has anyone benefited from this yet? 

I was wondering this myself as I have a Fighting Buggy on pre-order with Fusion Hobbies, which was showing on the website as being stocked from 30th April, though now see this has changed, but only slightly, to 13th May. They must be fairly confident that supplies are imminently arriving. 

4 minutes ago, futureworks said:

I was wondering this myself as I have a Fighting Buggy on pre-order with Fusion Hobbies, which was showing on the website as being stocked from 30th April, though now see this has changed, but only slightly, to 13th May. They must be fairly confident that supplies are imminently arriving. 

Litterally just had an email from them about a DT02 ball diff, which they think will be mid-late May.  Of course they are just reacting to stock updates from Tamiya U.K., so it’s not really their fault.

I still find it annoying that shops show it as in stock when I fact they will order it for you from the distributor, but I get it.  Not gonna cancel or order form abroad (even though it will orbs be fast to get from Plaza et al), our local shops do need our support if we don’t want to lose more of them. 

Well heard that Tamiya UK website is down which is causing issues apparently? 

That said one UK site is showing what I want but is it really?

3 minutes ago, gizard said:

Well heard that Tamiya UK website is down which is causing issues apparently? 

That said one UK site is showing what I want but is it really?

In my experience Modelsport, Makeitbuildit, MB Models and Wheelspin are the only reliable sites for stock levels. Most others will need a little checking. 

went with Fusion as they are really nice people and for the TC discount, which makes sense on a bigger order

• Like 2

Nuts - there was a CR-01 available and I waited too long to pull the trigger and someone else has bought it..... and I have all these extra parts turning up for it too!

On 5/1/2021 at 9:03 AM, matisse said:

In my experience Modelsport, Makeitbuildit, MB Models and Wheelspin are the only reliable sites for stock levels. Most others will need a little checking. 

went with Fusion as they are really nice people and for the TC discount, which makes sense on a bigger order

I agree that Fusion are very pleasant and the discount is nice, but I have yet to order anything from them that has actually been in stock. If I am wanting a part that is not for a long-term project, I prefer to go with Modelsport or Tony's Tamiya Parts. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 8:04 PM, TurnipJF said:

I agree that Fusion are very pleasant and the discount is nice, but I have yet to order anything from them that has actually been in stock. If I am wanting a part that is not for a long-term project, I prefer to go with Modelsport or Tony's Tamiya Parts. 

I like Fusion and use them a lot for new kits where the discount makes sense, but I also have been caught out by parts not in stock, even to the extent that I've had to chase up a month after placing the order to be told that no, it wasn't in stock then, it isn't in stock now, and they don't know when it will be in stock, which I could have been notified within days of placing the order.

If I ever have enough spare cash to buy another new kit they'll be my first port of call but I use Modelsport or Tony for parts.

Ahh looks like yet another delay - stock for UK for the item has jumped again from today to end of the month again - it's getting  little frustrating now as I have all the extra bits to do the build i want to do bar the actual kit itself...... 

On 5/7/2021 at 8:31 AM, Mad Ax said:

If I ever have enough spare cash to buy another new kit they'll be my first port of call but I use Modelsport or Tony for parts.

tony does sell kits also  as i have brought a few from him at good prices also  plus i get to collect when i do buy kits:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topforcein said:

tony does sell kits also  as i have brought a few from him at good prices also  plus i get to collect when i do buy kits:D

yes it was interesting when i needed a front gearbox casing for an Egress i enquired as it wasn't listed on his shop but he had it in stock and sent it to me - perhaps i should ask if he has what i want - but i have literally just joined the dark side so to speak (in regards to this site) and ordered a Kyosho Turbo Scorpion! so perhaps my need for a second CR-01 can wait a little! ;)