Sign in to follow this  
FWLBP

Wild One kits anywhere?

My 5 yr old son loves running his hornet and clashing against my worlds RC10. My dad often watches us, and I suspect longs to run with us. I was thinking of getting him a wild one for father's day, as i think they have decent performance, but more importantly really nice detailing that I know he would enjoy building and looking at while on the shelf. I'm looking around and it seems I can't find any kits. I'm guessing its discontinued? Any chance another run of them will be made by tamiya? If no expectations that anymore will be on market, I might have to bite the bullet and get him a Kyosho Scorpion instead, as I think those have a similar look he'd like (old school sand rail).

eBay has the original one NIB for $599 and $650 (+shipping)  from a seller in Japan.   I'd buy it, but not into buggies right now.

I tried to track down a NIB for a while with no luck at a reasonable price.  Hopefully they will do another run as I would really like one at some point, but not at the crazy prices of the moment.

I have a vintage Wild One which I would part with - will try and find it and post up some pics later.

Also have about 95% of the re-re parts to build a new one - think it is just missing the wheels & tyres ? 

10 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I tried to track down a NIB for a while with no luck at a reasonable price.  Hopefully they will do another run as I would really like one at some point, but not at the crazy prices of the moment.

Really hoping for another run as well.. I had one on backorder at Tower and it got discontinued before they could fill it ☹️

1 hour ago, Norco Kid said:

Really hoping for another run as well.. I had one on backorder at Tower and it got discontinued before they could fill it ☹️

So did I!  If I remember correctly it got pushed back twice before Tower marking as discontinued.  Quite the bummer.

5 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

So did I!  If I remember correctly it got pushed back twice before Tower marking as discontinued.  Quite the bummer.

Same here. Really had my hopes up with Tower. I got super lucky though and found someone on a tamiya FB group selling a NIB WO with a couple extra goodies for $400 shipped. Jumped on that immediately.  Super super lucky.

Where are you located FWLBP? 

I have unbuilt RE-RE I'd part with .. but I'm in Australia. 

Thanks for the offer Mirroman, very kind of you. I'm in Indiana, USA. I am thinking of switching gears and getting him a holiday buggy instead. I think he might like the styling of that, and it appears to have a semi-modern chassis that would perform ok. It looks like it is in stock on tamiyausa.com site, which is a blessing considering how poor inventory has been.

Tamiya needs have some new batches of FAV and Wildone. They’re great.

Scorpion is a good option. Priced reasonably and has good performance 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:08 AM, FWLBP said:

My 5 yr old son loves running his hornet and clashing against my worlds RC10. My dad often watches us, and I suspect longs to run with us. I was thinking of getting him a wild one for father's day, as i think they have decent performance, but more importantly really nice detailing that I know he would enjoy building and looking at while on the shelf. I'm looking around and it seems I can't find any kits. I'm guessing its discontinued? Any chance another run of them will be made by tamiya? If no expectations that anymore will be on market, I might have to bite the bullet and get him a Kyosho Scorpion instead, as I think those have a similar look he'd like (old school sand rail).

Why not look at the Kyosho Ultima ? Then he'd have a chance of keeping up with, or beating the RC10 ;)

• Like 1