I just noticed that the "Cascadia" kit #56340 has been discontinued.

When did that happen? Does any one know? That's sad I grew to like it.

• Sad 1

I may have to get one while I can...  When I'm done with my 2 Classic Rig Builds, I'm going to want more modern. 

MAYBE one Euro Truck (Scania), but I want my Fleet, no matter how big it might get, to be generally American Trucks.... Maybe even a custom Bodied MACK!! 😁  But I'd like a Cascadia too. 😞

• Like 1

I would if can find one. A few places I looked are gone and marked discontinued. The Cascadia is all over the US highways and has plenty of room for interior and everything else. (big or small)

You've got the bug! That's what happened to me a long time ago and soon you'll have a huge fleet, trailers and all.

• Thanks 1

Let’s just hope (but I wouldn’t hold your breath!!) that it’s discontinued as they intend to release the new shape Cascadia 😃 

8CC59A37-37FD-4892-9FB2-45ED87DA8FFF.jpg

Come on Tamiya, you know you want to, and if it’s not to much to ask, some air bags instead of leaf springs on the drive axles would be nice as I believe the Rubber Ducks Mack was the last Truck to leave the factory with them 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

I would if I can find one. A few places I looked are gone and marked discontinued. The Cascadia is all over the US highways and has plenty of room for interior and everything else. (big or small)

You've got the bug! That's what happened to me a long time ago and soon you'll have a huge fleet, trailers and all.

My Friend, you've TAGGED me! I am hooked. Fully. 😁  But as I've now said, ad nauseam, I've DREAMED of this for a long time. During that dark period when buying TYRES or a pot of Paint - was something I had to save up for. 💔😞  Even though NOW I can finally afford to go shopping like a Teenage Girl in a Shoe Store during a Sale! 😜 I do understand... 

I hope you can find one. Maybe even a used one (even though somebody else's headache isn't always a bargain). As I've noticed with the Wild One (TOP of my Dream List) - a few People in Japan are HOARDING a few for resale now - but at exorbitant prices!!! 😞😠😖

.... But maybe some Cascadias can be found there - for not a Queen's Ransom.

59 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

8CC59A37-37FD-4892-9FB2-45ED87DA8FFF.jpg
Come on Tamiya, you know you want to, and if it’s not to much to ask, some air bags instead of leaf springs on the drive axles would be nice as I believe the Rubber Ducks Mack was the last Truck to leave the factory with them 😉

I believe you're right... There are a couple of small Companies selling Air Bag Suspension Kits, but that might be a bit of a leap for Tamiya. 

They STILL won't include even cheap, basic BALL Bearings in 95% of their Kits! 😖

Oh, and be CAREFUL with some of the Aftermarket Bagged Systems... SOME merely have SOLID Rubber "Bags". Right... NO Suspension whatsoever!! 😠😠

Some have molded Rubber Bags - with Coil Springs hidden inside. Good compromise, but hard to find.

{Right - I AM new to 1/14th Scale Rigs..... But I've been RESEARCHING them for over a Decade!! 😉}

• Like 1

i do really like the Cascadia it's got a lot of real estate for a great paint job

• Like 2

Most likely if you can find one now, the price will be high$$  (and will only get worse) One less truck to choose from. The new style one (pic) looks the same but with some crisper lines. 

I also was looking up the parts bag #9400032 for the Knight Hauler MFC controller box, and it is discontinued every where. Maybe a sign of what is next. If you want the Knight Hauler I would keep an eye open. Why would Tamiya quite selling (discontinue) that if it is still in kits and was available to begin with? I'm not trying to spread a rumer just noticed it. I have nothing to back it.

I wish Tamiya would put out an American style fire truck (pumper to start with) . The tow truck kit would be a nice start as a base and change it a bit with a new body. With no dual steer. Come on Tamiya!!! 

Any way just what I have noticed.

• Like 1

@Tamiya Fan 1 My best guess is that as cool as both the Knight Hauler and Cascadia are - they might not be great sellers... Or it could be Licensing. 

But they could just add generic details - like on the other American Trucks. 

There is, of all things, a Chinese Company (I FORGET which) that made an American spec, 1/14th Scale LaFrance Fire Truck.... But it was $4400.00 USD!!! 😲😳😖

• Like 1

Yes, the Cascadia is probably a license running out thing. I have 3 of them. The last one I made into a "UPS" delivery truck. Made the Cascadia into a day cab and the MB 1850L box on the rear. Not like delivers to residential houses but a short cube truck. That was just last year. I'm glad I did that. 

The Knight Hauler seems readily available so maybe they just stopped selling that bag #. 

That's a high price on the Fire Truck but everything probably worked. RE: water pump?  I would rather have a Tamiya kit though. Tamiya might think of it to much a liability with water and electronics to. I might do a scratch build w/Globliner some day, will see? It's a lot of work though.

Thanks for the info. Carmine A

• Thanks 1

Always a pleasure Mate!! 👍👍 

I share knowledge - others share knowledge with me - we ALL get smarter and better. 😉 

Yes, insane Price! The Ladder is Hydraulically Operated, there is High Pressure Water Hoses (2), and so many sounds, that they have 5 Channels JUST for Sound! 

Still can't remember who makes it.... I got all my info from an old Friend, Aaron Bidochka (known to most of the World as "RCSparks"). He has nearly one of EVERYTHING, including a Series of Rigs costing about $5000 USD EACH! 

I often tell him..... "Must be nice!" 😜  Always in jest, with no I'll feelings.

I am familiar with "RCSparks". He has been around a long time and many video's. I think he recently shut down? He started out doing crawling I believe and then semi wars.

• Like 1