Hairyjon313

DELETE - Top Force Body (UK)

Hey All,

Looking for a top force body shell and wing in shelf condition. Can be painted or new. Let me know if you can help.

Cheers, 

Hairy

Penguin or Tamiya? 

8 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Penguin or Tamiya? 

Tamiya. Looking for an original or rere. 

1 hour ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Tamiya. Looking for an original or rere. 

No probs. 

8 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

What's Penguin???

3rd party company (UK) which makes replica polycarbonate buggy bodyshells (tamiya, kyosho, schumacher, etc) and such. Not sure if they have a website, but they sell via ebay and through facebook. Ebay seller ID is penguinbodyshells

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2021 at 3:37 PM, aynar said:

3rd party company (UK) which makes replica polycarbonate buggy bodyshells (tamiya, kyosho, schumacher, etc) and such. Not sure if they have a website, but they sell via ebay and through facebook. Ebay seller ID is penguinbodyshells

Are they any good? I've just got a Kamtec Super Astute repro shell and it's a bit...meh. Decent quality 'feel', but covered in pin prick marks, I assume from their forming process 

Might be interested in looking into a Penguin TF repro....so are they any good?

Sorry for the threadjack Hairy :) It might end up being worth your while though ;)

15 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Are they any good? I've just got a Kamtec Super Astute repro shell and it's a bit...meh. Decent quality 'feel', but covered in pin prick marks, I assume from their forming process 

Sorry for the threadjack Hairy :) It might end up being worth your while though ;)

Hey, no worries. Still looking for a shell and wing though. Finished the build yesterday, so just need the finishing touch now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hairyjon313 said:

A photo is always nice. Here's the chassis. 

20210422_171655.jpg

Stunning 👏 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Hey, no worries. Still looking for a shell and wing though. Finished the build yesterday, so just need the finishing touch now. 

I have one, brand new, bought as a back up / display shell for my Re:Re Top Force which is in the loft, unbuilt, carbon plates, hi caps and all!

Hence the interest in the quality of the repros...if they’re any good I’ll buy one to use as a runner, use my kit Re:Re shell for display thus making my spare Tamiya shell free to sell 👍

Not trying to tease you, promise! 

10 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I have one, brand new, bought as a back up / display shell for my Top Force which is in the loft, unbuilt, carbon plates, hi caps and all!

Hence the interest in the quality of the repros...if they’re any good I’ll buy one to use as a runner, use my kit OG shell for display thus making my spare OG free to sell 👍

Not trying to tease you, promise! 

You little tease .... let me know if it becomes available. I know nothing of the repro shells so can't comment. 

Should add a big thank you to @Turbotom for the high caps. 

• Like 1

I have a penguin body and Repro decals which I was going to do but haven't got around to it yet. Screenshot_20210422_220226.thumb.jpg.5bf45cb9b9624edc25aa79eb3a15d51e.jpg

My tf 

Screenshot_20210422_220452.thumb.jpg.88ed4493837a29fb6ce9c82057abf9cb.jpg

16 hours ago, topforcein said:

this is one i brought a couple of weeks ago and when it turned up its a great looking shell but if you look you will see a design change

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353359214112

This was an attempt to recreate the 3rd party shells that were available when the top force was discontinued (before the first rere). There were at least 2 types - one without an airscoop, another with a small airscoop + less side flare detail in the mould.

20 hours ago, Juhunio said:

I think they are, but it depends on your criteria. Mine doesn't have any pinprick marks that you've described on your kamtec body (I also have a penguin manta, optima pro, optima mid lwb and none of them have any marks). Any repro will likely be dimensionally smaller (as they create a mould from an existing body, so there will usually be some shrinkage that hasn't/can't be accounted for). The details will never be as crisp as an og tamiya one. I like that the penguin body appears to be made of thicker polycarbonate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aynar said:

I think they are, but it depends on your criteria. Mine doesn't have any pinprick marks that you've described on your kamtec body (I also have a penguin manta, optima pro, optima mid lwb and none of them have any marks). Any repro will likely be dimensionally smaller (as they create a mould from an existing body, so there will usually be some shrinkage that hasn't/can't be accounted for). The details will never be as crisp as an og tamiya one. I like that the penguin body appears to be made of thicker polycarbonate.

Cheers, I'll take a look at one

• Like 1