Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

EDIT: now LRP S18 swap, worth trading my M05RA?

hpi-auto-daljinski-rc-slika-148920855.jp

hpi-auto-daljinski-rc-slika-148920856.jp

I may have a chance to localy swap my M05RA for this HPI touring car. Not sure what model it is, and would it be worth it? my M05RA is never driven. but this is a 1:10 chassis and kind of more interesting as a M05. This hpi seems to have front and rear gear differentials, it may be belt driven but seems very light and with no adjustable turnbuckles or upper arms its a classic HPI RTR chassis I guess

I may be wrong, but I believe that is an HPI Sprint 1. Not the most high-end chassis, but not a bad one either. A little tricky to get spares for now that it has been superseded by the Sprint 2. Whether or not it is worth trading your M-05 for is a question only you can answer, as only you will know how much use you will be getting out of the respective chassis, how much joy they will bring you, etc. Such factors are far more important than straight out monetary value in my opinion.

I have a M02 and a M05ver2 that is a runner and to me it is not worth driving the M05RA I want that joy for the next user. I wouldnt like to drive it once or twice and scratch it for nothing.

I lack a 4wd car and this HPI kinda is nice... not as nice as the Xray T1 or TA04 but not sure if these would be considerd rare or interesting to some?

Would probably waste money ond some light resto like bearings and gears, oil ... electronic also... and would need a body for it.

but it would be a new project. just the value is bugging me, I got the M05RA really affordable as I upgraded my first m05 to full ver2 spec and got a complete car left, just bought some new upgrades and build it. never run since only tested. would be worth whats the hpi owner asking for at 90€ with electronics. without electronics on mine I would go for a stright swap.

dont want to loose value as the hpi seemse well used and would be used by me also. drift or bashing... not a lot of adjustments to do seems simple. I hope it is complete. on the pictures it looks pretty much so.

My two cents for what its worth.. 

That car will be near impossible to find parts for.  HPI is not in a good spot right now and have not been for some time.

You would be better off checking out a place like sendico for a tamiya touring car.  They have countless deals for them ( i have spent way too much on that site)

As an example, i got a ta04r with radio equipment, barely run for 130 canadian dollars.

• Like 1

Now I found something different 

maybe more rare and more interesting to me.

two LRP S18 1:18 TC and Buggy.

very excited now

rc-lrp-s18-tc-buggy-1-18-lrp-shark-slika
rc-lrp-s18-tc-buggy-1-18-lrp-shark-slika

If you would consider, check out LRP S10. I have one and five of my other friends have theirs too. Great car to bash and race. Much, much better than a TT-01/02 out of the box. But a typical guy like me is not satisfied with stock. So I have upgraded mine and did some mods into it. Drives like a charm and would race any TT-02SR anytime with it.

h8orTL3h.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Nicadraus, thanks for the idea. I saw your S10 and I think its amazing by the parts choices it has.

One friend was interested in a first try RC Car, and I mentioned a LRP S10 TC 1 with LRP 10,5T brushless and HK 120A X Car brushless sensored esc and 2s lipo. it came without transmiter. I was suprised by the quality, but I also expected some quality as it is branded as LRP. A sign for german quality I would say.

The S18 looks like a mini version of the S10 TC. with the aluminium upgrades it has already and can be upgraded. Also the buggy is a bonus. I recently bought a 2340 8200kv brushless motor that could easily fit here.

I dont have a chance to swap for a S10 atm. I bought my friends S10 TC in a lot as he went out of the hobby with two other RCs and sold the S10 Tc by now completely in parts.

• Like 1