chuckjaywalk

3-D Printing Files For 2016 Blackfoot

As a follow-up to my previous Blackfoot post, I have decided to focus on 2wd Buggy racing since my local track is doing the Associated Summer Series. This fall, my partner will begin teaching STEM classes at an elementary school and she is planning on using the Blackfoot for lessons on various engineering projects. She is also using it to teach about 3-D printing. Are there any recommended mods and parts for her to 3-D print with the kids?

• Like 1

I would start with simple reproduction of parts. Its very interesting to put both beside and compare them. Later on its time to see where you can do some improvement.

• Like 2

I have a BF part that needs to be 3D replicated. I’ve only ever found three in all my years hunting, and I broke one. I *think* it’s a CRP piece, but I’ve never seen it listed under CRP stuff. It’s the extended front bumper mount plate. Let’s you add typical Frog bumper while using 2.2” tires.  Here is an old picture when I was redoing the servo mount.  If you’re interested, I can snap more pix and make some measurements with calipers.

Terry

LDRIN9d.jpg

26 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

I have a BF part that needs to be 3D replicated. I’ve only ever found three in all my years hunting, and I broke one. I *think* it’s a CRP piece, but I’ve never seen it listed under CRP stuff. It’s the extended front bumper mount plate. Let’s you add typical Frog bumper while using 2.2” tires.  Here is an old picture when I was redoing the servo mount.  If you’re interested, I can snap more pix and make some measurements with calipers.

Terry

LDRIN9d.jpg

This is exactly the kind of project she is looking for. Plus, you said the magic word: calipers. 

Ok I’ll snap some pic and write up a description so you have some basis for replication.

A lot of the other BF and SBF hopups are already being reproed on Shapeways, but not this one.

Terry

CRP front bumper extension doohickey:

Top:

4wj84pP.jpg

Here you can see the rear end of the extension replicates the CRP Frog bumper with the chassis insert, body post, and (3) hex screws for mounting the CRP front skid plate from below. You can also see the raised tubes where the radius arms would fit, and a center hole for the BF front shock tower. The front edge has the typical (3) holes for a typical Frog bumper. This moves the bumper forward approx 1”.

Here is the bottom and side:

CzID4L4.jpg

gMpODdd.jpg

I can’t seem to find my calipers right now, but I will get some measurement if you want.

Terry

• Like 1