Sign in to follow this  
Dakratfink

HPI Body re Issues

As Tamiya fans we are all used to classic, Iconic  RC stuff coming back to retail markets. 
Those of us in the MT part of the hobby are probably all familiar with some of the excellent bodies HPI used to produce. 
I was tickled when I heard on Scale Builder’s Guild they are bringing back the Grave Robber 50’s Hearse monster truck body. 
Now a scant minute ago while am waiting for reports to download at work, I checked online and found confirmation.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/hpi-racing-re-releases-multiple-savage-monster-truck-bodies/ 
is anyone else excited about this? Anyone plan to incorporate one into a future build ? 

I’m planning on getting a Grave Robber for one of my Wheely Kings, May get the TJ Rubi body for the other. Sounds like there may be a return of their “mini” chassis bodies too!

2 minutes ago, BJoe76 said:

I’m planning on getting a Grave Robber for one of my Wheely Kings, May get the TJ Rubi body for the other. Sounds like there may be a return of their “mini” chassis bodies too!

I may get the Grave Robber for my SMT 10 which has the green Gravedigger chassis and put the RTR “Digger body from that on my stretched WheelyKing.

If they re release the ElCamino I think it would look great on a Clod IMHO . 
ESP if some retro class racer wanted to make a replica of the old Aces High Monster truck 

8D032146-5782-4537-B5AA-69FF442ACF50.webp

Modified Grave Robber on a modified Clod

img169_06062008191511_1.jpg

img169_06062008191511_4.jpg

It's a shame ProLine haven't jumped on the rere bandwagon yet, they did some sweet Savage/Maxx shells too;

DSCN0611.jpg

img169_03042005154725_2.jpg