Sign in to follow this  
Toad16v

Tble 02s quickly flashing green and red.

Ran my Terra Scorcher last night with no issues, picked it up tonight and while I do have steering, there is no power to the motor. The esc is flashing quickly green and red, maybe orange too, but it's hard to tell. 

I've tried to run through the setup again, but it just goes back to flashing quickly once I release the button. Anyone got any advice, or is it basically toast?

Answered my own question. It seems it had slipped into brushless mode. I went through the setup to change it to brushed and all is well again. Except someone has parked on my postal racing course. 

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2021 at 3:57 AM, Toad16v said:

Answered my own question. It seems it had slipped into brushless mode. I went through the setup to change it to brushed and all is well again. Except someone has parked on my postal racing course. 

Thats mighty rude of them!

The esc did the same again today, then went weird with forward and reverse after resetting it. Think it's borked, will wang another hobbywing 1060 in instead.

I had this problem too on one of my TBLE02S recently when I went from brushless to brushed mode.  I too tossed mine and went with a new 1060 and never looked back.

Also, Tamiya recently changed the TBLE02S program where the new ones have much less variability in lower speeds.  It is a night day difference between the new ones (which are bad) that come with the newer kits.. ie:  Comical Frog, Comical Hornet vs. TBLE02S I bought 5-6 yrs ago.