Sign in to follow this  
Deadlysub

Hornet help- rear pins

Hi guys, I have built a hornet and I am struggling to put the rear pins in to attach the body to the chassis. The rear wing completely obscures the holes.

now I have done something wrong but reading the instructions I can’t  see what it is I have done wrong.

Here’s a photo. Ignore the paint bleed!!!

image.jpg

I see the issue - the front of the wing has more material on it than it is designed to have.

If you trim along the cutline for the front of the wing rather than leaving it oversize as you have done, there will be just enough space to slide the clips into place. It is a bit fiddly, but do-able.

Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate it.

Another stupid question, how can I remove the wing without removing the sticker? 

Use a scalpel blade or stanley knife to cut around the sticker over the screw head.

You can also use it or a pin to make some very light cuts on the stickers to release air bubbles if you want to flatten them down.

The hornet has some sticker shapes that are a complete pain to apply

20210423_203154.jpg

You can remove the one bolt that isn't covered with the sticker, then pivot the wing around through 180 degrees on the remaining bolt which ought to give enough space to retrim the wing without hitting the shell.

If this doesn't work, you can hold the wing plus sticker under hot tapwater to soften the glue, then carefully lift one corner of it and undo the bolt beneath. Once you are done and the wing is back in place, the sticker can be stuck back down with minimal evidence of what has transpired.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Use a scalpel blade or stanley knife to cut around the sticker over the screw head.

You can also use it or a pin to make some very light cuts on the stickers to release air bubbles if you want to flatten them down.

The hornet has some sticker shapes that are a complete pain to apply

The stickers are so hard to get right!

• Like 1

Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who replied to this thread. I removed one screw and managed to trim the entire wing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deadlysub said:

Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who replied to this thread. I removed one screw and managed to trim the entire wing.

Let’s see a pic of your finished hornet !

6 hours ago, Deadlysub said:

image.jpg

Awesome ! Enjoy it. I have many cars and the hornet is just as fun if not the funnest to drive. 

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Awesome ! Enjoy it. I have many cars and the hornet is just as fun if not the funnest to drive. 

I second that. NOTHING will bring a smile on your face as fast as the Hornet will!

Love the way it bounces? Perfect!!! Then you already know what it's all about :D👍 Enjoy!

On 4/24/2021 at 1:23 PM, Deadlysub said:

I am just about to start building a Lunch box!

I have a Midnight Pumpkin ( the lunchbox cousin ) 2000s re issue and a Hornet ( original) off eBay . Both were “built “ when I bought them but I disassembled  both completely so I feel like I’ve gotten the build experience on both.

I run both with modern ESC and silver can on 2 Lipo and they are both among the most fun RCs I’ve driven.