?? Ant

87 Clodbuster restoration project

Hi, just thought I’d share my resto clodbuster project. It’s all 100% original 1987. Does anyone here know the brand new price of the clodbuster in 1987

364E3667-89BF-4D2A-A603-DD6913392E97.jpeg

• Like 7

First of all, welcome to the club.

Now, for heaven's sake don't destroy nor modify that gorgeous original Clod Buster!

Your truck looks nice and clean, I can't see much to "restore" there rather finish. I mean painting the front grill, bowtie logo, side indicators, door handles, window areas like rubbers and chrome. Also, I see you're missing the front piece for all of the rollbar's fog lights. 

59 minutes ago, ?? Ant said:

Does anyone here know the brand new price of the clodbuster in 1987

If you're in the UK I am looking at a Radio Race Car magazine and it says you could have it for 159 UK pounds. In America RCCA magazine shows the Clod being sold for $354.95. In both cases that's just for the kit itself alone, not combos of any kind or type. Hope that helps.

Stay safe and have a good weekend! Thumbsup

Oh, and don't ruin that fantastic Clod Buster!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice original survivor from 1987 - just clean it, fit the missing lights, replace any broken or damaged parts & carefully paint the Chevy emblem on the front grille in gold.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

First of all, welcome to the club.

Now, for heaven's sake don't destroy nor modify that gorgeous original Clod Buster!

Your truck looks nice and clean, I can't see much to "restore" there rather finish. I mean painting the front grill, bowtie logo, side indicators, door handles, window areas like rubbers and chrome. Also, I see you're missing the front piece for all of the rollbar's fog lights. 

If you're in the UK I am looking at a Radio Race Car magazine and it says you could have it for 159 UK pounds. In America RCCA magazine shows the Clod being sold for $354.95. In both cases that's just for the kit itself alone, not combos of any kind or type. Hope that helps.

Stay safe and have a good weekend! Thumbsup

Oh, and don't ruin that fantastic Clod Buster!

Hi.

Oh dude trust me that’s the last thing I intend to do. When I first got this clodbuster it wasn’t like this. It was all there but very tatty and run down. It’s took me a lot of time to get it to where it is now. My plan once it is finished is to put it on the shelf and run it on very nice days now and then.

Thank you that helps a lot. I was just curious as now these are getting quite collectible and worth a bit of money.

thanks again 👍🏼

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Nice original survivor from 1987 - just clean it, fit the missing lights, replace any broken or damaged parts & carefully paint the Chevy emblem on the front grille in gold.

Cheers. Yeah that’s the plan, I do have all original parts to finish it off.

• Like 3