Sign in to follow this  
c64orinoco

Lunchbox shocks upgrade

My darling wife is getting me a Lunchbox for my birthday!

I'd like to upgrade to decent shocks, so I'm looking at the 50520 CVA Short Shock Unit Set II. Looking in the Lunchbox manual, it has a page about installing these shocks. There seem to be some extra parts required, athough it doesn't seem to be made very clear.
I can see you probably need at least 2 x BS1 shock mounts - the kit comes with 4 but from my count you need 6.
The other pieces - extra flanged tubes, flanged nuts and 3x15mm screws - do these come with the shocks?

Has anyone done this mod and can give me guidance?

Lunchbox shocks mod.PNG

As far as I remember, there was 6 BS1 in my Lunchbox Black Edition kit (2 are already used on the front triangles normally). You need two 50520 as each includes whatever is needed to build 2 dampers. It has also the flanged tube (there was enough to mount 2 dampers in each element).

That being said, you may want a 5th damper to mount in front of the gearbox to make its move more smooth (but that is another debate)...

Yeah the rest of the parts you need are included with the Lunchbox kit. They sit unused after the build if you build it stock.

19 hours ago, silvertriple said:

As far as I remember, there was 6 BS1 in my Lunchbox Black Edition kit (2 are already used on the front triangles normally). You need two 50520 as each includes whatever is needed to build 2 dampers. It has also the flanged tube (there was enough to mount 2 dampers in each element).

That being said, you may want a 5th damper to mount in front of the gearbox to make its move more smooth (but that is another debate)...

Thanks for the info. I am also getting some new shocks for my TT02B, so I will have some spare dampers - I might try that 5th shock mod.

5 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

Thanks for the info. I am also getting some new shocks for my TT02B, so I will have some spare dampers - I might try that 5th shock mod.

you could also get hop-up 84365 cw-01 short shock unit set 2 yellow style 

i got a set from tony a coupe of years back when i went to his place to collect a order seeing this i remember i have still yet to build and fit them