Moonraker1

Auction of 28 Vintage RC Cars 30th April 2021

Auction of 28 Vintage RC Cars 30th April 2021

Here we have another batch of my friend’s Uncle’s lifetime collection of RC cars for sale to raise funds for his care home fees. Details of which and previous auctions held are in my previous posts prior to Covid 19.

This auction for 28 vintage cars is on 30th April 10:30am GMT at Wessex Auction Rooms.

The link to the auction is below and you will need to register in advance with www.easyliveauction.com which hosts the auctions if you wish to bid. The auction is now live for placing bids online in advance of the auction. The auctions are in the UK and held online in line with Covid restrictions.

Wessex Auction Rooms  https://www.wessexauctionrooms.co.uk/

There are 19 lots at Wessex Auction Rooms that are Lot 392 to Lot 410 comprising of approximately 17 cars and 11 chassis from various manufacturers. Some of the cars are listed below:

Tamiya – Sand Scorcher (58016) 2 off – Hornet – Grasshopper – Lunchbox Monster Truck (58063) – Mitsubishi Pajero 1984 (58044) – BMW Z3 – Manta Ray (58087)

Kyosho – Nitro 4WD Peugeot 206 – Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth 2WD – BMW M3 2WD

Thunder Tiger  - Nitro 4WD EB-4 S2.5 PRO – Nitro 4WD EB4 – 3 nitro chassis with different engines

HPI Rush EVO 2 2WD Nitro

Hobao – Hyper 7 Nitro Chassis

CEN – 2WD Stadium Truck Nitro Chassis 2 off – 4WD Nitro Monster Truck Chassis

Protech Ultrex – Nitro 4WD EVO Chassis

Laro – Nitro 4WD Chassis

Traxxas – 1/6 Nitro 2WD Monster Buggy – Nitro Sport TRX 2WD

Unknown – A 2WD and a 4WD electric buggy chassis

Here’s the link for this auction: https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/9c4ea3c910b60b374b54e4103254f8c0/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/toy-collectors-auction/

lot 394 is a tamiya falcon (2wd) and a tamiya terra scorcher (4wd). Hope you do well from the auction.

• Like 1

@Moonraker1 lot 396 looks like a Hornet and a Vanquish, not Grasshopper.  A Vanquish would have a lot more value than a Grasshopper. In saying that I'd happily pay the 60quid for that lot that they recommend, but I bet they won't want to ship it down to NZ...

• Like 1

@Jonathon Gillham well Jonathon as it is a public auction as long as you register to bid and provide the highest bid the "Vanquish" could be yours! I'm sure the auction house would be happy to ship to New Zealand but I imagine the cost would be pretty extortionate and probably far out weigh any financial gains you may make on the car if you get it for a fair price. Auctions are very unpredictable, the estimated values shown are usually low to draw in the bidders! But you may be lucky!