PotatoheadMan

Best Downforce

Hi Guys, 

I am buying a body for my tt02r, and would like to know yall's input on the body with the most downforce. i owuld like the body to be a real world car, not a fictional one.

All suggestions welcome!

So far I was thinking of the

Mustang body

or 

Ferrari F12 TDF

When I used to race touring cars back in the early 2000's, I used a variety of body shells. The ones that had the most grip in corners were the corvette c5 and the hpi honda nsx. I had a honda accord on my nitro touring car which was a good all round body. There are a lot of touring car body shells that are high down force, but are not real world cars. I just choose a body now on how it looks as all my cars now are shelf models. I would suggest maybe a super car like the lamborghini or pagani.

Although full-size aerodynamics don't scale down to one-tenth particularly well, in general, a model of a full-size car with good downforce will produce reasonable downforce itself. So any supercar or or thoroughbred race car should do the trick nicely. For example I know the Honda NSX was a popular race shell not too long ago.

I would look at rcracing.tv any of the finals in the 1/10 scale (or whatever scale your planning on using) onroad, these shells offer the best handling.

I am not sure what the difference is between shell choice and scale, but 1/8th road and 1/12 carpet look very similar in shape and both are insanely fast requiring as much downforce as they can get.

All the above assumes your into racing, if flat out top speed is your thing then I would expect the shape will change again.

46 minutes ago, rich_f said:

Easy - the most downforce has to be the Suzuki Escudo Pike's Peak. And although it looks like it might be fictional, it's not. 

I wonder if is one of the body shells HPI is set to re introduce?

And yes the car is very real. And it’s video game version was basically a cheat code in the early GranTurismo games 

6 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I wonder if is one of the body shells HPI is set to re introduce?

And yes the car is very real. And it’s video game version was basically a cheat code in the early GranTurismo games 

I loved the car in gran turismo, I'm pretty sure they are still available from tbg, I saw one for sale on ebay.