Sign in to follow this  
A-Baum

Tamiya USA rant

I think they blow out kits that are due to be discontinued. After I bought the ff03...discontinued. Same happened a while back when I bought the TRF201. 

They are high...but if ya keep watching...they do some great deals..I gatta expert built rtr hornet for like 140 shipped...

If I recall correctly, back in 2001 when I attended a TCS race at the Mission Viejo track, they were blowing out David Jun TA03s for way under $100...but that was a long time ago!  Man I'm old!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, manny said:

If I recall correctly, back in 2001 when I attended a TCS race at the Mission Viejo track, they were blowing out David Jun TA03s for way under $100...but that was a long time ago!  Man I'm old!

David Jun TA03F was my first RC car.  I remember the staff at the hobby shop thought I was overbuying as this was my first kit.  That kit is the reason why I'm still here!  Wish I still had it but at the same time I'm glad I was able to hand it down to another kid in 2004 to get him started on the hobby as well.

Im old as dirt.

On 5/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, Willy iine said:

I think depends on stock level or need for cash (?)

I grabbed one too.. but haven't built it yet.  It is one of my decorations in my RC shop.   Honestly I should've grabbed like 3. 

I was going to buy a Bruiser re release for $580.00 but when I seen the shipping was $150-185.00 it put it out of my price range. I ended up buying a vintage bruiser on E bay. I wanted the re release because I wanted to build one but I probably wouldn't want to drive it after so I guess a used one is better for me. I would buy one for $500.00 if Tamiya has that sale again.