burakol

$40 for this

It's missing the body shell, will probably need new sets of tires front and back... seller wants $40 as is... do you guys see any other potential missing pieces on the front nose? I havent owned a Fox/Novafox...

Screenshot_20210501-232849_Facebook.jpg

hard to tell from just that photo, but one rear tire is looking a bit funky, which could indict odd driving style or a particular type of course setup. Still, I'd take the punt for $40 as these are hard to get. But going in previous purchases like that, I'd be expecting to have to replace some parts.

25 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

hard to tell from just that photo, but one rear tire is looking a bit funky, which could indict odd driving style or a particular type of course setup. Still, I'd take the punt for $40 as these are hard to get. But going in previous purchases like that, I'd be expecting to have to replace some parts.

Its a touring car tire I guess

5 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Its a touring car tire I guess

yeah, could be, but why just one? I was thinking maybe it's been setup for a one way oval track?

It also looks like it is missing the bumper... what do you make of the dampers? Are those stock? I'd probably shelling off another $100 or so to complete restoration....

shocks aren't stock. And until you can see it and strip it down you would be taking a gamble on what is wrong with it. I would say it would cost a bit than $100. Body alone is probably close to that. Then it'll need a set of tires and at least one rim, and a bumper.

It'd still buy it, as it could end up as a donor car, but that's my personal preference and I do like to restore when I can.

Looks like a Fox owner bolted his left over parts together. If you are wanting to end up with a complete Fox I would wait and be prepared to spend $100+ for something that would be a better starting point.  

• Like 2

RC10 damper was my feeling too. I thing 40bucks is nothing wrong with...

Decided to pass... will try to get some Novafox when i get some extra funds in my pocket.. 

• Like 1

I am also watching that auction and decided to comment only now after the OP decided to bow out. I don't want him to think that I am trying to influence anyone's decision to bid or not.

*If* you already have a Nova/Fox and are looking for parts, this car probably has $40 worth of parts in it.

If you are looking for a car to restore, this had better be a labor of love, because you will probably end up with less expense and headache buying a Novafox kit.

• Like 1

That Fox is in fairly rough shape, looking at the auction pics. The front arm mount is all goobered up with epoxy, so somethings broke there. The underside rear pic has one of the lower arms going off at a weird angle. Busted arm? Broken gearcase at the mount? Definitely RC10 shocks on the rear and a Kyosho gold or Duratrax shock up front as others have mentioned (tough to tell from the pic). I agree with Mrowka.

• Like 1