I have two real nice all aluminum shocks that were on a ta02 I got and would like to get a full set/repair the one I have.they are 60 mm big bores with no marking or logos. they look like tt02 hop ups to me but i am not sure.

IMG_0512.JPG

4 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Looks like Avante buggy shocks to me. You need tamiya 53155.

It depends whether you want to make them back in to real Avante shocks, or just hack together a functioning hybrid. 53155 Might give you the parts for a hybrid, but an expensive route. The route to real Avante shocks needs original Avante springs and the plastic parts for the bottom end. Might cost similar to 53155 The cheap hack is just whatever combo of springs, rod ends and plastic bottom caps you can scrounge. Many brands will fit. The advantage of 53155 is getting everything in one package, but you are still left with an expensive hybrid.

i have been having problems with plastic end caps ripping/busting out on the hobby king shocks i am currently using so i would prefer if the top end cap is one piece or metal

If you don’t need them you will find willing buyers, I’m sure. Including me!

8 hours ago, Bwaaatch said:

If you don’t need them you will find willing buyers, I’m sure. Including me!

I am just looking for more reliable shocks but was going to keep them for spare parts when i found some sorry

What you have there is a pair of Kyosho Gold option house shocks. And the upper one has been fitted with a short Tamiya black plastic end.

Kyosho Optima

16 hours ago, merlinh said:

i have been having problems with plastic end caps ripping/busting out on the hobby king shocks i am currently using so i would prefer if the top end cap is one piece or metal

You want these then

16201990381233647990750066350115.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svenb said:

You want these then

16201990381233647990750066350115.jpg

Why have you shown me/us this. Now I’ll have to buy and upgrade mine 😂

• Haha 1