Sign in to follow this  
Gazzalene

Advice on Super Hotshot please

Been back in the hobby for couple yrs now. Have way too many types of cars already and makes,have 7 Tamiya cars BUT stayed away from buggies. Grew up with Avantes,bigwigs,hotshots etc.

Can not justify the Avante costs,i will run this so makes it a no go. I going with a Super hotshot, would like a Hotshot, preferred the lay down shock look BUT will have to settle for a Super.

I have seen recently lots of "trick" or "custom" hotshots. Seen a great silver and back model on a YT channel which gave ideas. A lot of vintage upgrades were used which I would not be able to get.

I know nothing about the Super or hotshot regards faults or weakness. I will be using 2s cells,if I can get these that fit in the uk. Also a hot motor, not decided on BL or Bsd. If I go BL is there room for some of the bigger 1/10th esc? I had issues with a HW fitting XV-01.

Do the diffs and drive train need any mods/upgrades with hot motor?

lastly any tips on parts to add or upgrade would be great,thanks

lastly,lastly   Other than HW does anyone know of a BL motor in black and silver?

• Like 1

I have a Super Hotshot. It's pretty standard but I run it on 8.4v Nimh with the supplied motor. It's been bullet proof and I'd not change anything on the transmission side. Only mod I've done is to replace the shocks to shorter bodied CVA'S (so that the chassis bottomed out on the front) and put gold DF3 springs on with thicker oil (500w). 

DSC_0028

• Like 2