Just made my first order with Tamico since Brexit. (,Used them many times before)

Have quite a large demand from parcel force.

It's still cheaper than current U.K prices and they had loads of parts I couldn't find elsewhere, so Tamico are still providing service to the U.K. but be prepared to pay the taxman before arrival..

• Like 1

I think we’ve all been bracing ourselves for such things, but good that Tamico are still supplying to the uk. It would be useful to know specifics if possible - declared value of your items, vat applied, and and processing fee added to that by parcel force, to get a better feel for the extra costs associated with such purchases.

Trouble now is there's several different ways of importing to UK and it's down to the size and organization of the company, I guess, as to how they ship.

The original idea was sellers collect VAT at point of sale and then send the VAT to Boris and his decorator. This involved overseas sellers registering as a VAT contributor and keeping track of what goes to the UK.

Because of that;

• some sellers have set up a UK-specific side of their site; https://uk-store.digitalrev.com/ for instance, where all prices include VAT and are now no more competitive than Amazon UK. Their 'international' store doesn't have UK as a shipping destination, so you can't even take a chance with import fees.
  • others just refuse to ship to UK at all for the foreseeable future; https://whambam3d.com/ as an example - I bought parts from them in November no problem, but now they refer you to 'European' distributors who either don't have stock or don't ship to UK
  • some just ship to UK and let ParcelForce collect taxes and duty as before, albeit now from European shipments too

It's causing a lot of problems UK to Europe too; I used to send stuff my parents who now live in Spain - in 2020 this took maybe 6 days (rural east Spain). Since new year I've sent two parcels, both took over a month depsite the first one using the same carrier as 2020, and the second one using UPS Express. All the delays are happening once the parcel hits Europe and gets stuck in their customs infrastructure.

5 hours ago, futureworks said:

I think we’ve all been bracing ourselves for such things, but good that Tamico are still supplying to the uk. It would be useful to know specifics if possible - declared value of your items, vat applied, and and processing fee added to that by parcel force, to get a better feel for the extra costs associated with such purchases.

I'll fill you in on as much as I know later tonight..  

The order from Tamico was €891 euros

And the parcel force demand was £155..

Still worked out cheaper than U K prices with many things in stock currently unavailable in the U.K..

5 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

The order from Tamico was €891 euros

And the parcel force demand was £155..

So, an extra 20% as per imports from USA etc. (€891/5  =€178 or £155)
I've not had any 'VAT paid' imports come in yet, so no idea if there's any PF fees for checking the VAT status etc. but they (and other carriers) could stand to lose a fair bit of income if they don't have to process (and charge for) so many imports.