4 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

THANK YOU, I am loving it!!  It's shiny black but reminds me a bit of the orig Chandler-made High roller monster truck.

Yea, the High Roller is an awesome truck.  I'll post in my Showroom when its finished, still haven't decided exactly what to do with it.  Had the body on another truck that I took apart and determined to use it on something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Not much exciting this weekend..

I'm 12hr dayshift, although, with my 4yr old testing positive on Monday, it's got to be only a matter of time before the rest of the house follows 😷🤒

Sorry to hear about your kid..  with my teens going to school since Fall I am pretty certain covid made it into our household multiple times.  My family including my kids are vaccinate, but I get frequent emails (once or twice a week) from their school stating there was a student in their class that tested positive.  None of us got seriously ill.   Maybe upset stomach if that is a symptom, nothing serious.  It went away in a few days no different then maybe a light case of seasonal stomach flu.   Hope your family makes a quick recovery.  Stay safe!

• Sad 1

Thanks guys,

Me and my wife are both vaccinated, but the children aren't (not against it, the roll out just hasn't got to primary school aged children yet). She wasn't herself for a day or two, then her temp shot up to almost 40°c and said 'mummy I can't see, it's all wobbly' so we took her to the out of hours doc, but was fine in the hour it took to get her there. She's fine now, back to herself, using the bed as a trampoline and singing as loud as she can, to 'Happy Feet' 🙂

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Maybe upset stomach if that is a symptom,

I googled that yesterday, as I had a touch, seemingly it is in vaccinated people! 

Did a home test this morning before work, and ,clear, so I'm in work....😬

• Like 2

Drained tank by syphoning it with a length of old garden hose, disconnected thermostat.

Immersion heater well and truely siezed into the cylinder. Bent the box spanner using a mallet. Think i need a plumber.....bad times

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry to hear @Superluminal.. at least you tried, right?  Plumbing is not my forte, I would've just called a plumber from the start.  :lol:

Last time it took me 4 trips to the hardware store fixing a leaking toilet (clean water side).  Although I have swapped toilet gaskets too.. the icky donut gasket. 

Last year we had our contractor install a tankless water heater on the house.   So good..  it's a 'new' thing in the USA while it's been around for decades in other countries.  

GL with the plumber..

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 3:51 AM, Wooders28 said:

Thanks guys,

Me and my wife are both vaccinated, but the children aren't (not against it, the roll out just hasn't got to primary school aged children yet). She wasn't herself for a day or two, then her temp shot up to almost 40°c and said 'mummy I can't see, it's all wobbly' so we took her to the out of hours doc, but was fine in the hour it took to get her there. She's fine now, back to herself, using the bed as a trampoline and singing as loud as she can, to 'Happy Feet' 🙂

I googled that yesterday, as I had a touch, seemingly it is in vaccinated people! 

Did a home test this morning before work, and ,clear, so I'm in work....😬

Good thing you didn't catch it.  I can't tell for sure whether I or my family contracted the virus since the kids school started this Fall.. we never got sick enough to cause any concern, but I suspect we have.   

• Thanks 1

Righto peeps, it's Friday again!  Anyone up to anything fun?

The main reason why it seems I'm always up to something exciting is I only remember to update this thread when I've got something fun to say.

Today I finished work at 4pm and decided to get out for a walk, since I haven't been out all week.  It was drizzling when I left home, and by the time I got to the hills it was raining quite hard and coming in sideways.  So I managed about 30 minutes before I was soaked through to the skin.

On the plus side, tonight is Burger Night, which is not normally a big thing except we're cutting down on eating to try to shed some lockdown weight, so burgers are a special treat.  Washed down with a few beers, which has probably undone all the good work of this week's diet.  However I've just had a bit of exercise mixing a breaks set that I put together a year ago, one of these days I'll get around to recording it.  I was going to do some writing but now I'm feeling musically inspired, so I'll probably listen to some unfinished tracks for an hour, have zero ideas, then go to bed.

Tomorrow it's Daddy Daughter day, weather is cold and soggy so we'll probably stay in.  This week I will definitely charge up the LiPo for her FTX Mini-X and do some more training around the lounge, as well as making dens, getting involved in games for which the rules are made up as we go along and not explained, and for which I get shouted at for not knowing them, and hopefully find a couple of hours to chill out and watch Disney films.  Oh, and I have to clean the kitchen, do the finances and prep a slow cooker meal.  The cookbook says "20 mins prep time" but it normally takes me 20 minutes just to get all the ingredients out the fridge.

Tomorrow night I'll catch up on some Netflix series that I've been neglecting, and then it's Workshop Sunday - time to get the shocks, transmission and steering servo mounted on the F150 wrecker and see if we can make it look like a proper truck.  I was hoping to have the tyres delivered by now but the finances haven't worked out, so I doubt it will have any shoes until December.

I'll try to finish Sunday with a relaxing night of writing before another day at the home office beckons...

What you all up to?

• Like 3

Typical Friday night at work for me. Having to do a full interior fleet check of over 165 buses noting the condition of every seat base and seat back !! 🙄🥺

Still running about in a hire car from Vauxhall as my car is still awaiting to be looked at after failing its first MOT on emissions. Looking like it's going to be December before I get my car back 🙄😕. Was told that if it needs any parts it's a 10-14 day lead time. 

James.

• Sad 1

Saturday after doing a few house chores, going to continue on with painting the SandScorcher body.  I did the base exterior white yesterday and allowing 24 hours+ to dry before I prep and mask for the next color (battleship red ;)). 

While that is drying, going to drive my GF01's and assemble another Billy for the CR01 I am working on next.  Will play my cajon and electric piano as well during breaks.

Evening I'll catch up on some TV programs I missed and relax. 

Sunday, will prep and finish up the last of the Sand Scorcher spray painting and let it dry another 24hrs+ before I paint the window trims next week.  I shall sand Billy and may decide to paint him.  I might pull out my M38 for a drive on my make shift track.  

After a quick errand with my older teen, will enjoy the rest of day adlib-style.  :lol:

Have a good weekend everyone!  

• Like 3

I set out on my last Friday night shift wondering if I should take a brolly or not 🤔

DE86A3FB-8167-4071-9DBC-C884160A48FC.md.

It’s storm season here and we’ve had some crackers this last week. Fortunately I’ve managed to dodge the worst of it.

Looking forward to some Postal Racing laps this weekend as the weather is set to clear & my wife is out this afternoon (Saturday now here) after doing a bit of picture framing in our shop.

Really looking forward to Sunday, as we are both going to see the latest 007 movie in the Gold Room at the local Cinema. A big comfy chair, a beer or two while getting waitress serviced dinner,  things could be worse I suppose 😃

• Like 3

It's Friday again, peeps!  What is everybody up to?

I'm starting work now (well, as soon as I've posted this), do some housework and paperwork during lunch and hopefully wrap up at 4pm.  It's been dry all week and looked like good walking weather but I've been too busy to get out; today I'd planned to have a sunset walk along the ridge, but the weather has turned.  Hopefully it'll dry out later.  I went for a walk in the rain last week and realised how bad my wet weather walking gear is, I got soaked to the skin in about 5 minutes.

Not sure what tonight will bring.  I'll probably have a quiet one in the studio and work on some music or fiction, or at a pinch I could charge up the LiPos and drive down to the coast for drift club.  Bournemouth is only 75 minutes away but rising fuel costs are making a hermit of me.

Having a quiet day with my daughter tomorrow, I've promised to take her to the woods, drive our scalers around and cook cheeseburgers in the van.  Our neighbour had a giant oak tree cut down yesterday, which is a same for the environment but the view from my office is a hundred times better, our garden might actually get some sunlight in the winter and our cars won't get covered in tree sap and bird droppings.  So - I have a bit of tidying to do in the yard and some ivy to cut back now the tree is gone.

Saturday night is usually my solo film night, but I've been lazy this week and watched a lot of TV already, so I might spend some time in the studio.

Then it's the highlight of the week - Workshop Sunday!  Up early to clear the workspace and dust off the bench (my wife has been using the table saw this week, no doubt everything will be under a layer of sawdust), then work some more on the F150 tow truck.  I'll probably work on locating the body first, then I guess I'll make a start on the towing assembly for the back end.  I might even had another go and fitting some Tamiya tyres to the RC4WD wheels to save some money.  Should keep me busy all day.

We've got a new season of Top Gear here in the UK, so I'll end the night with some creativity in the studio and sip a few beers while I watch some overpaid northerners take the mickey out of a fellow short Bristolian :)

Anybody got anything exciting planned?

• Like 3

Well thought I would get good news about my car today (still at the garage, almost 2 months now) , but they now need to order more parts. So next week it is ..... Hopefully  🙄😕.  Anyways start work at 10pm, and will be the usual Friday, either super quiet or crazy busy 🤔🤦‍♂️. Roll on 6am tomorrow, so I can throw on some Forza Horizon 5. Still can't believe how amazing that game looks on the series X 👍

James.

• Sad 2

Last weekend was a swim meet for my son.  I got to drive the Dragon for about 10 minutes before I blew off a wheel and lost a 12mm hex...

This weekend is theatre performances for my daughter.  I might get some drive time tomorrow, depending on many factors.  Maybe I'll find time to work on the Dragon.  I finally finished painting the Winger body I bought for it...

Terry

• Like 1

Saturday..  After doing some house chores, going to work on my CR01's LandCruiser body to cut out and replace the front windshield as it is tinted (smoked).  I am going to install Billy in there so I want a clear windshield.  I am also going to cut out the driver side window.. and finish painting Billy's torso.   Will play some cajon and electric piano during breaks.

Sunday..  Going to paint the monster truck wheel (the tire is already super glued from the factory) for the CR01 and see if there is anything else I want to mod on the car.   If not, going to go play with it a bit and later paint the sidewall lettering on my Egress's tires.   I need to run a few errands in the afternoon, but nothing major.  

I took the entire next week off, so should be a nice time to deep dive into RC all day long..  :D   might even build the Egress while I wait for the 3D printed GF01-SWB chassis.

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Like 2

So another Friday and another "more parts are needed to be ordered for your car" starting to think I won't see it again till next year now ☹️🤔. Need to phone them today for an update, wish me luck folks. It's harder to get parts for this car than a Ferrari !! 😂🙄

Anyways got a broadband upgrade complete on Monday to full fibre BT 900. Loving it so far, 20GB Xbox game downloaded in less than 2 minutes is just crazy !! A quick speed test this morning ...... It does go upto 1.1/1.2 Gbps at times. Fastest ping I have ever had in all my years console gaming. 👍

James.

IMG_20211126_062047.jpg

• Like 3

Friday.. Need to do a few house chores, but heading out to my stylist today to get my hair cut, and will continue on with the RC room move that I’ve been working on the last few days.  I will be making shelving units for the closet repurposing furniture my wife is retiring.

I also need to drywall putty the ex-RC shop walls where I had the floating shelves. 

Saturday.. besides house chores, will sand and touch up the drywall and hand over the old RC shop space to my wife who will be using it for work.  We expect to have our electrician come by soon so they can rewire the room with dedicated lines as she needs full clean power to run her servers.  I will probably spend the day finishing up the closet storage for my new RC room.  

Sunday.. mostly a relax before going back to work day, but will probably be filled with trying to wrap up my new RC room move.  

It will be a busy weekend for sure. :lol:

Have a great weekend, everyone! :D

• Like 2

A Friday rostered off is always nice.

Finished work Wednesday night, drove the 500ks to Brisbane on Thursday with Mrs RB as my daughter has finished Uni for the year to bring her home for Christmas.

Friday a visit to a Hobby Shop to use a Voucher from last Christmas netted me a Ford GT…

59B5E069-EFF0-46C9-A2CB-3C62BB9F26DB.jpg 

I also discovered a great Black Friday deal on a Terra Scorcher online so nabbed that too.

Also got some shoes on sale (great as I’m not a fan of clothes shopping at all) and a Shirt in preparation for my son’s graduation in May next year in Jackson Mississippi. We also went out for a Tapas dinner at a rather nice Spanish Restaurant with my BIL and family as we won’t be seeing them over Christmas. Then finished of the night with a drink at a Jazz bar round the corner from my daughter’s accommodation. Never been to one before but was a very pleasant experience.

Tomorrow  (Saturday) will be the drive back home before work on Monday. Lots of storms around so that makes for some interesting driving conditions.

Far from a usual weekend that’s for sure.

• Like 3

One of the best steaks I’ve ever eaten was in Jackson MS…. Char restaurant…

• Like 2

So far my weekend is not going entirely well :p 

I've been suffering from some health problems the last couple of weeks, an old condition snuck up on me without me realising and without me having done anything to aggravate it, this week has been tough and this morning I finally admitted defeat and took a sick day.  I've done a lot of upgrading in my recording studio this week so I thought I'd spend a day in there getting to grips with some new software and making some progress on performing some live music, for the first time since I was in my teens.  Got my first "gig" (a mate's house party) in 2 weeks and wanted to have just 2-3 tracks ready to play.

Well - that wasn't to be!  For some reason my Windows 10 laptop decided it didn't like me this morning, and got stuck in an endless restarting cycle that I could only fix with a complete reinstall of Windows.  That started around 11am, here I still am sitting in the studio feeling like death warmed up (actually half-cooked and half-chilled, it's impossible to effectively heat this space without it feeling like I'm in an oven and it goes stone cold the second the heater is turned off), Windows has finally reinstalled itself and now I'm on the long, slow haul of reinstalling all my studio software.  My internet doesn't seem to like me much today either because my download rate has dropped right off.

So my plans of a relaxing, recovering studio day have been somewhat dashed, and I've got to clean myself up and put on a smile tonight because it's a mate's birthday night out in Bristol.  No beverages as I'll have to drive (or brave the train for an hour each way), and will try to find a low calorie option on the menu because I'm not losing weight nearly as fast as I think I should be given how much I've reduced my food intake over the last two weeks.

Tomorrow - looking after my daughter all day.  We might put up the Christmas tree.  I know it's still November but my wife is desperate to get on with it and we're going to be busy over the next few weeks.  Evening, either watch a film or continue the long process of rebuilding my studio laptop.

Sunday - normally I have Workshop Sunday, I've got more work to do on the F150 tow truck, but I might pop over to the first day of the CWICs indoor racing series if they'll allow spectators, and catch up with some friends.  Probably come in early from the workshop and do some work in the studio if the laptop is ready.  Gonna have a couple of beers and a small pizza for dinner and hopefully giggle away the last hour of the weekend watching Top Gear.

Monday - was planning on being back at work, but I'll have to see how I feel, don't want to go back too soon and aggravate things again.

Have a good weekend people :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

One of the best steaks I’ve ever eaten was in Jackson MS…. Char restaurant…

Funny you mention Char, we organised our son’s 21st there with a bit of help from his friends. Turns out that Bruce Willis also likes a nice steak as he was there on the same night. So he got to meet him and a ‘Happy Birthday’ from Mr Die Hard himself. I’m glad Bruce made it, as he said he try his best to be there 😉

We’ll hopefully get to try Char ourselves 👍🏻

• Like 3

Bang goes my quiet Friday night at work. Got called in early, all buses were taken off the road at 9.30pm due to the 70-80 mph winds. Trees down everywhere blocking routes and causing general chaos. Luckily no over turned buses, surprisingly as it doesn't need much wind to blow over a 16 tonne double decker. 👍

Anyways, it's tea break time 😁👍

James.

• Like 3

Have a job interview to prepare for, it's the same workplace just a step up and a different role, strangely not nervous at all 🤔 . Probably be different later on though.

Also finally got my car back from the car dealer. 2 months and a shed load of parts under warranty and it finally passed its emissions test. Yay, even found time for a quick photo op since they were kind enough to have washed it. Then the 64 mile drive back home,  and 5 hours later it was pouring of snow. 😂👍

James.

IMG_20211202_031509.jpg

• Like 5

Night shift for me Friday to Monday.

Not a great start to Friday as I went to help out Mrs RB out at our Framing Shop for a couple of hours in the morning before a Nana nap. Got a bit done but not as much as I’d hoped as the Nail Gun decided to throw in the towel. So Mrs RB will be getting a new DeWalt 16g Nail Gun for Christmas now.

Plans for a nap before my 2nd job went out the window as I was called in early because the Terminal we load out is off line later while they have a ship in. Then the Truck decided it didn’t want to leave the yard as the trailer brakes wouldn’t release. 2 1/2hours later with a valve replaced and we were on our way.

Hopefully the rest of the shift goes without any dramas.

I think I’ll put the Christmas Tree together tomorrow before going to work again so my daughter can decorate it while she’s home 🎄 

• Like 4

Good luck with the interview @InsaneJim69 👍🏻

I happened to look at car like yours the other day on a forecourt, it was the ‘Turbo’ that got my attention 😉. It was a Greeny colour though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Good luck with the interview @InsaneJim69 👍🏻

I happened to look at car like yours the other day on a forecourt, it was the ‘Turbo’ that got my attention 😉. It was a Greeny colour though. 

Ah thank you. 👍 It went really well, so just wait till next week to find out. 

Yeah you get the 1.0T, the 1.2T in the brand new ones from 2020 onwards. Also anything older than 2 year old would have been the 1.4T or my one with the twin tail pipes is the 1.6T 200bhp version. The 1.4T engine is good but it's very fragile and loads of them have had engine issues with needing a while new engine as cylinder 3 looses compression, seems a very common issue with that engine. Same goes for clutch issues on very early cars 2016-2017 with the slave cylinder plastic being brittle and starts to break up contaminating the clutch fluid and causing the clutch pedal to go to the floor with no effect and unable to select gears. 👍

James 

• Thanks 1