Friday.. Did some house chores, headed to my buddy's wheel repair shop to get my WRX's Prodrive wheel repaired.. dropped off before work and picked up during lunch.   Looks good again.  I curbed it a few nights ago at an intersection about 2 blocks from my house where there is very poor lighting; add a j-walking pedestrian with no reflective clothes and walla.  :angry:

IMG_Dec32021at121606PM.jpg.0a2ed848e399d6b512d3967ac0c996a1.jpg

IMG_Dec32021at121626PM.jpg.a3bb991bdc2eb7fe48f670b57de05ab4.jpg

Will mount it back onto the car later this afternoon once paint dries.. his team does great work.  

Saturday.. house chores, helping my wife move some of her work equipment downstairs and prepping the area for our electrician coming next week for new wiring work.  Hope to get some RC painting done and start the GF01-SWB build.  Might do some xmas decoration outside the house.  Play piano and cajon during breaks. 

Sunday.. mostly planning to spend the day working on RC and start thinking about how I want to setup the new music room.  :D

Have a great weekend everyone!  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Have a job interview to prepare for, it's the same workplace just a step up and a different role, strangely not nervous at all 🤔 . Probably be different later on though.

Also finally got my car back from the car dealer. 2 months and a shed load of parts under warranty and it finally passed its emissions test. Yay, even found time for a quick photo op since they were kind enough to have washed it. Then the 64 mile drive back home,  and 5 hours later it was pouring of snow. 😂👍

James.

IMG_20211202_031509.jpg

Next time avoid Opel and you’re good. :P

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Next time avoid Opel and you’re good. :P

Now that Peugeot owns them you are def right there. 👍😂 Think this is my 10th Vauxhall and prob my last now that the PSA group just has low powered engines in their line up 🤦‍♂️🙄

James.

• Haha 1

Bit late to the party this week - kept mostly busy with work stuff yesterday.  For various logistical reasons I couldn't go out for my usual Friday afternoon walk after work yesterday, but it was raining anyway.  Instead I stayed home and stared at my studio for a bit while waiting for inspiration to not come.  After cooking dinner, I couldn't really be bothered to stare at the screen any more so I watched Krampus with my wife, then a couple of episodes of Oat Studios.  Krampus is possibly the most unscary scary film I've ever watched, and Oat Studios was absolutely brilliant apart from neither episode having an ending.

Got up early this morning to play around with some music, got bored after 30 mins.

Housework this morning, then curl up with my daughter and watch a film.  This afternoon I've got to take her to a local market to see Father Christmas, eat overpriced hot dogs from a trailer and watch the Christmas lights be switched on.  Given the size of the town and its Christmas budget, I expect that will be a thoroughly underwhelming experience for everyone over the age of 6.

Probably watch a film and start cutting out and masking my Yaris body tonight.  Maybe cut the body for my Christmas build too, if I'm on a roll.

Tomorrow is Workshop Sunday, although I might divert a bit more time to the studio if I can get into the zone with this live set.  If the weather is dry I'll turn on the hot lamps and paint the Yaris, work out how to space out the big rig axles on the F150 tow truck, put all my racing stuff away from last week and maybe get out for a walk.  For more logistical reasons I have to cook dinner on Sunday, which I don't usually do, after that I'll probably sip some beers, get creative in the studio until 8pm, then watch Top Gear.

Have a good one!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Now that Peugeot owns them you are def right there. 👍😂 Think this is my 10th Vauxhall and prob my last now that the PSA group just has low powered engines in their line up 🤦‍♂️🙄

James.

I was working for Sixt a couple of years.

we had bunch of Astras, petrol, diesel, automatic, estate, hb, sedan… very comfortable cars and very low fuel consuption.

but eh… did we have problems with them. Bad AC, batterys tend to die more often then on other cars. The insignia 2.2 diesel automatic has only 6 speeds. That was bad too.

now the peugeot has its fingers in… the 208 and new Corsa are identical cars. Probably would not recommend. Peugeot did step up their car game. But still as you said… those 1.2 engines are a pain to drive.

• Thanks 1

Friday.. Finished some house chores before work.  During my breaks from work, I plan to finish painting the FunkoPop torso and tool box for Willy and display him with his City Turbo’s. :D

I also need to rethink how I am going to take RC pictures going forward.. the plastic model box wall background is a bit too distracting.

Saturday.. After house chores, I will see how I can mount the QD Pumpkin body into the GF01 and repair or build a new rear bumper for the F100 body as it arrived broken (bought second hand).  

I also plan to rebuild one of my older GF01’s since I had previously cut the chassis to accommodate a WW2 body.. now that I have a spare chassis housing from the GF01-SWB build, I will use those parts to restore it.

Then play the cajon and piano a bit and relax.  

Sunday.. Will start the painting for the F100 body if I get that far and do some cleaning up of all my M38’s and displays.

Will play the rest of day by ear.  

Have a great weekend everyone!! 

Edited by Willy iine
I failed to meet my plan today due to work work work..
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I also need to rethink how I am going to take RC pictures going forward.. the plastic model box wall background is a bit too distracting.

You know what that means...

It's time for a scale garage :D

Went to motorbike show at the NEC Birmingham. It was a good day took the usual photos of GP bikes👍

0906A3A7-5E43-43D5-A730-B1776E04B79D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, El Gecko said:

You know what that means...

It's time for a scale garage :D

:lol: I don’t have much space left… ! 

@Futura

omg, what a bike, love this so much!

I remember seeing this along with his number 1 bike at Ally Pally.

I had a RGV 250 N, obviously nothing like this monster.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Futura said:

Went to motorbike show at the NEC Birmingham. It was a good day took the usual photos of GP bikes👍

0906A3A7-5E43-43D5-A730-B1776E04B79D.jpeg

I have not gone this year. I am not due a new bike for a couple of years…..

Bikes are like RC cars, they seem to breed in the garage while you are not looking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bit late to the game this week - I've got a little holiday booked from work but I was so busy yesterday I didn't have time to check in here!

I spent most of the morning loading stuff on my laptop and testing it after it decided not to boot a couple of weeks back, then pulling loads of audio clips out of some of my older songs so I can could make a vague attempt at remixing them live at a house party.  It was intended as more of a demo of what might be possible, instead of a genuine showcase of renewed material, but even so, there was a lot of background work to be done and not all of it happened in time.

That didn't matter tho - had an awesome house party last night, between 4 of us we played music from 7pm until midnight, then reheated the last of the takeaway and listened to chillout music.  I finally passed out on an inflatable mattress at 2am and woke up at 3am to find it wasn't inflatable any more.  Spent the rest of the night on the kitchen lino and woke up at 6am numb from the neck down.  45 minute drive home while the sun came up, breakfasted, showered, and the log burner is getting up to temp right now.

Today - got a bunch of things to finish on the M05 before its first race outing tomorrow.  Disassemble the gearbox to put putty in the diff, fit the TRF shocks and all electrics from the M03, paint the last details on the body and the light buckets, then the long, slow slog of adding all the decals.  Child is staying away for the weekend so I might take my wife to a local dessert shop tonight.  We're (theoretically) cutting calories so we might skip dinner and go straight for dessert :D 

Up at 6am tomorrow to load the van and head off to Chippenham (only 30 mins away) for round 2 of the CWICs and the M05's first time on track.

Pick up my daughter from Bristol when the racing is over, maybe get a quick country walk in if there's time, then an hour drive home for pizza and beers.

Not back at work until Thursday, so hopefully got a few days to unload the van and tidy up after this crazy weekend :) 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, M 800STD said:

@Futura

omg, what a bike, love this so much!

I remember seeing this along with his number 1 bike at Ally Pally.

I had a RGV 250 N, obviously nothing like this monster.

Suzuki have got a selection of GP bikes on show from early Sheene bikes through to Joan Mir MotoGP bike, it's fantastic to see the evolution.

Also got an RGV250 & RG500 road bikes showing off the heritage parts thing they're doing.

3 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

I have not gone this year. I am not due a new bike for a couple of years…..

Bikes are like RC cars, they seem to breed in the garage while you are not looking.

Quieter crowds & a few less stands but still a good day.

We walked around with our mythical budget, the latest Fireblade in the original colours was my pick.

• Thanks 1

Spent a few hours, going through some old pics (a quick look ,turned into a bit longer than a quick look.....🤦‍♂️) to reply to @Willy iine in another thread...😬🤣

It did find pictures of old RC projects I'd thought I'd lost the pics of, and lots I'd forgotten I'd had! 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Spent a few hours, going through some old pics (a quick look ,turned into a bit longer than a quick look.....🤦‍♂️) to reply to @Willy iine in another thread...😬🤣

It did find pictures of old RC projects I'd thought I'd lost the pics of, and lots I'd forgotten I'd had! 😁

My pictures seemed to have derailed your thread so took them out.    :lol:

• Haha 1

@Futura I don't know anything about motorcycles, but they are fantastic to look at.  Too bad I can't rewind like 35 years of my life to get real lessons on riding.  I'm too old now to start and my wife won't be too thrilled.  I'm pretty much done with my life, nothing really more I want to try new.. just brushing up on what I do best.  

Maybe I can make a few Tamiya statics down the road and display them in my pretend RC shop.. that could be cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Futura I don't know anything about motorcycles, but they are fantastic to look at.  Too bad I can't rewind like 35 years of my life to get real lessons on riding.  I'm too old now to start and my wife won't be too thrilled.  I'm pretty much done with my life, nothing really more I want to try new.. just brushing up on what I do best.  

Maybe I can make a few Tamiya statics down the road and display them in my pretend RC shop.. that could be cool.

My mum did not learn until she was over 60. It is not about speed it is about the ride, no other feeling like it, except maybe flying.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

If you appreciate engineering, seeing the latest MotoGP bikes up close is something special.

14 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

My mum did not learn until she was over 60. It is not about speed it is about the ride, no other feeling like it, except maybe flying.

I own two bikes, only one is capable of cracking the ton/100mph, even then it needs the planets to align. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Too bad I can't rewind like 35 years of my life to get real lessons on riding.  I'm too old now to start and my wife won't be too thrilled.

I didn't follow the rest of my mates ,and get a bike license. I know what I'm like,  I know what other road users are like ,my dad was a biker, and had too many SMIDSY's.

So I'm happy I didn't, not sure if the parent rebellion was part of it for the others , as mine wanted me to get a bike!! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, M 800STD said:

@Willy iine  You;re never too old to learn.  The wife is another issue.

@Nobbi1977  It is wonderful being out on a summers day.

@Wooders28  Not a rebellion thing with me, just appreciate engineering and love anything fast.

Summer! I am off delivery toys today 😂 

To be fair it is less wonderful than a summers day but a ride is a ride.

12 hours ago, M 800STD said:

just appreciate engineering and love anything fast.

Absolutely! 

Having done MX, and the 'if you don't come off at least once, you're not trying hard enough' resulting in me breaking my L3 Vertebrae, (i think, bravery outdoing my skill, was mentioned....🤣) which coincided with my Dad getting bounced down the road by someone not stopping at a T junction, it just didn't have the draw, although , zero willpower + GSXR250 = LC20, maybe I should have!! 😬 (but , Man, do those things like to rev!!! 🎵🎶🎵🎶)

• Like 2

@Wooders28  Ouch.  Never tried MX properly, not brave enough.

My old man always use to say that it's not necessarily me but other road users I have to watch out for.  I will admit in my youth I was a little careless.  Being older and wiser, all I'm interested in is having a good ride with my mates and bringing my bike home in one piece.

Those old 4 stroke 4 cylinder bikes had really high rev ranges and sounded beautiful when screaming.  Shame we won't see machines like these again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Absolutely! 

Having done MX, and the 'if you don't come off at least once, you're not trying hard enough' resulting in me breaking my L3 Vertebrae, (i think, bravery outdoing my skill, was mentioned....🤣) which coincided with my Dad getting bounced down the road by someone not stopping at a T junction, it just didn't have the draw, although , zero willpower + GSXR250 = LC20, maybe I should have!! 😬 (but , Man, do those things like to rev!!! 🎵🎶🎵🎶)

Didn't some of those 250cc inline 4s have redlines near 20,000rpm?

• Like 1