A weird weekend ahead (common theme nowadays). It’s a four day weekend as school was closed today (Friday) for some training stuff and Monday is a public holiday thanks to Queenie. My wife has gone away for a week to a wellbeing rehab place to try and accelerate her recovery. So, I’m home alone with the kids. Next week I’m taking them to the snow for a few days so I have half an idea I should try and put one of my older restorations together so we can take it with us. Whether I get enough time to breath this weekend let alone slope off to the hobby desk I’ve got no idea ;) 

I’m also dying to get on with painting my radio shack Jumbo Van shell for my GF01 project. That might be a more realistic goal for the weekend ;)

Saturday I will take them out for dinner at the sushi train (their favourite). It’s great and the hot food is delivered on a small bullet train that you take the food off and then return to the kitchen. We all love it. Less excitingly I also have to do some running around getting legal documents signed and authorised. 

Sunday and Monday will mostly be spent tidying the garden (all the leaves have dropped), keeping kids fed and watered and doing more form filling for my work. I’ve already done at least 6 documents but I’ve got loads still to do. I have form-filling, I always put it off but I need to get it done by Tuesday or my promotion is in danger of being derailed.

As always then, not too much planned but I’m sure some unexpected things will happen along the way!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Doesn't really feel like it should be Friday, as I was still on holiday until Weds eve, and I think my brain is still in holiday mode as I don't seem to be getting much done, but it's nice to be back to a bit of routine

Hope you had a good holiday, how'd your final go? Sorry I needed to head off, and didn't chat for long, I was as rough as a badgers after the 3 day stag do 😳.

After 4 weekends of doing stuff, it's a 12hr nightshift weekend for me, although the 'mat rat' is in the boot to try and get that fully boxed off, so the club can get it lent out as a club car.

• Like 2

Friday.. WFH today.. I am going to try finish painting Billys' torso's today.. Evening I need to do a few house chores, but besides that just relaxing by watching an old movie tonight.  

Saturday.. weather permitting, going to take my GR Supra for a nice weekend drive after a few early morning house chores.  I hope I run into some A-hole to try out my new horn.   :lol: ;) jk.  

Afterward, going to paint the CityTurbo's window trims if I am in the mood.. :ph34r:  painting those trims takes some life out of me..  Afternoon will be spent relaxing in my music room, play some keyboards, cajon.. Evening my wife is hosting another movie night in her manga library with a home theater system so going to watch something with the family.  

Sunday.. weather permitting going to take my GR Supra for another drive, clean her up afterwards, and wash my WRX if I still have any energy left..  then work on the City Turbo body some more and afternoon a rubber stamp of Saturday.   I plan to stream a movie in the evening and just relax...  I have a pretty busy work week next week.  

Have a great weekend everyone!!

IMG_2022-6-10-113902.jpg.606ed1569071ad5d85a18d3620e77c66.jpg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I am going to try finish painting Billys' torso's today

Something just sounds odd about that :) 

Going out of state for a wedding this weekend so not much going on here (would much rather stay home...).  

I did get my new ECM in the mail for my old Dodge truck.  Turns out the truck tricked me into thinking the fuel pump was bad and after it left me stranded on the test drive and some further diagnosis I am 90% sure it is a faulty ECM.  Luckily they are readily available re-manufactured so hope to get that in the truck either tonight (we're leaving tomorrow) or Sunday when we get home.  Hopefully that's the end of it, really miss having my old reliable truck around. 

Got my 87 Grand National out of the garage the other night for its first drive of the season.  That car is absolutely fantastic, runs like nothing else I've ever owned.  Have had this car for over 20 years and it puts a giant smile on my face every single time she gets into boost and starts hazing the tires.  I rolled into it in 3rd gear at around 60 mph and it left black streaks for at least 100ft.  Nice being able to roast them at any speed anytime I want.  Of course back in my racing days that would have been less than ideal, but that's what slicks are for :)   I did have to turn the boost down a bit last year and might have to do so again (or re-tune a bit) as our fuel seems to keep getting worse.  Back when I got the car I was able to run 26-27 psi safely on 93 pump gas, these days I'm lucky to get 18-20 without a little bit of detonation.  Anyway, I say this every year but I really plan on driving her as much as I can this summer.  To trick myself into doing so I didn't bother putting the cover back on when I put it back in the garage, let's see if that helps :)  

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Hope you had a good holiday, how'd your final go?

The final went well - 7th in the A, punching way above my weight again (some of the big names didn't make the long journey north, which left some gaps at the top - if I had sandbagged a bit I could have pot-hunted in the B-final ;) )  I'll do a full write-up when I get around to it, just buried under stuff at the mo.

Holiday was fab, probably won't do much of a write-up here as this isn't the place for it, but I climbed a couple of mountains (or, at least, as close to mountains as we have in England), saw some awesome scenery and even drove to the coast to have a look at the Sellafield nuclear plant.  Quite amazing that the old WAGR golf ball is actually visible from the main road.

Being able to rock up at the hotel restaurant at 8:15 for breakfast every morning and 19:30 every night and be brought food and beer while I edited my novel on my laptop was epic, although I'm a fair few quid lighter and over 3 kilos heavier despite all the walking I did.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

The final went well - 7th in the A, punching way above my weight again (some of the big names didn't make the long journey north, which left some gaps at the top - if I had sandbagged a bit I could have pot-hunted in the B-final ;) )  I'll do a full write-up when I get around to it, just buried under stuff at the mo.

Way to go!! 👏

I'm sure you get more points for 7th in the A, than winning the B, but always nice to stand on the top step 😀

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Friday..  starting with early morning house chores, getting my hair cut at my usual salon, then continue working on the nicherotors Wheeler.  :D   WFH in the afternoon, and finish off with some relaxing time in my music room, stream a movie at night.

Saturday.. early morning house chores, take my Golf-R out for a nice weekend drive, wash my WRX, and finish off other house chores in the morning.  Afternoon will be spent first finishing the Wheeler, then relaxing in my music room, evening will probably watch another movie in my wife's manga library.  

Sunday.. Father's Day! will enjoy my day starting off with another weekend drive in my Golf-R, then afternoon again in my music room relaxing.. evening my family is treating me to sushi for dinner.  After that, will relax and stream yet another movie.   

My work is off on Monday so it's going to be a nice long weekend.

Have a nice weekend everyohne, and to all you fathers out there, have an excellent Father's Day!  :D 

IMG_2022-6-16-174918.jpg.20fe345dc34f46cba103f8ac988b7b56.jpg

• Like 1

Not a lot planned for me.  I'm working from the Bristol office today, got stuck in traffic getting here so arrived late and flustered, but gonna finish around 2pm then drive 10 minutes up the road (or 40 minutes in Bristol traffic) to my old bezzie mate's house for a night of DJing.  This week we're doing classic 90s trance, then probably some reggae or DnB.  Jamaican food and plenty to drink, sleep on the sofa, then up early to get home before the household wakes up.

Saturday - daddy/daughter day, my daughter said something about going to see some ducks so maybe we'll take out another mortgage to drive 10 miles to the nearest pond.  It's costing about 40p per mile to run the van now.  Got a fair bit of paperwork to catch up on too.

Saturday eve - probably stream a movie, or I might work on the novel in the studio.  Or just maybe I'll stop procrastinating and mask the LMT body for paint.

Sunday - back to my Workshop Sunday routine again.  My wife has been rather absorbed in work, studying and various other things recently so I have a sneaking suspicion that Father's Day will have been forgotten, but it doesn't really matter as I'm free to do what I want all day anyway.  Probably do a bit more on the F150 tow truck and start listing out all the parts I need to finish it, on the off-chance I have some spare cash to buy them any time soon :o Maybe paint the LMT body if it's still warm and dry and I actually bothered to mask it on Saturday.

Sunday eve - watch last week's Top Gear, then work on the novel.

Have a great one wherever you are :) 

• Like 1

It's Friday again, peeps!  Anybody got anything fun going on?

Should be a fun one for me.  Firstly it was my daughter's first sports day today, so we braved the breeze and the threat of drizzle to watch her take part in various races with her school friends.  Although my social anxiety limits my enjoyment of such events, it was great to see her having fun, even if her tiny little legs means she usually comes last in all the races.  I thought she did very well :) 

Then home for a couple of hours work before I went back to the school again for a picnic.  Lots of cuddles because she's staying with the grandparents this weekend.

Few more hours work to finish off today, then probably snaffle my last 200 calories for today (maybe plain fish on toast) before I head out for a walk.  Cool and breezy, perfect weather for walking, but I might need a jacket for later (better make it a waterproof one).  Try to get 7 miles in tonight.  Might have time to work on the graphics for the newly-painted LMT body when I get back.

Tomorrow - heading to the south coast with the wife (assuming the weather is dry, no idea what we'll do if the rain comes back in), visit Beer, Lyme Regis, maybe Seaton or West Bay or somewhere else.  Back home in time for takeaway and a film.

Sunday - DIY and chores, got to sort the leak around the bath tub and maybe mow the lawn.  Wife has promised to roast a chicken.

Sunday eve - technically it's my night off, hopefully get the LMT body fully decalled and photo'd for the forum :) 

Have a great one everybody!

• Like 3

Sounds action packed as usual @Mad Ax

Friday is pretty much over here and not much to report. Had to work a bit later than usual to help some colleagues out. Then watched a couple of episodes of Obi Wan. Not bad…

Saturday morning we are all heading out to the cinema to catch the new Minions film and then in the afternoon I’m popping out to a guy nearby who’s selling me some suspension parts for my Hotshot rebuild. In the evening we will probably watch a movie.

Sunday I need to do a couple of hours work first thing. Now that my wife is more recovered and self-sufficient I’m hoping I get some time in the afternoon to tinker. I might start a wild one build or maybe begin stripping the hotshot down, we will see!

Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you get up to!

• Like 2

Working from home today, will mow the lawn in the afternoon.  This evening I'll be getting my trucks ready for racing.  

Tomorrow heading a couple hours away for my first RCMT race in a while.  Last month got canceled so excited to get back out there.  

Sunday I'll be tearing into my newest 1:1 purchase - a 98 Jag XJR.  Car is is absolutely beautiful condition, but it has not been driven much in the past 10 years or so and needs some maintenance taken care of.  These cars also have plastic timing chain tensioners which are known to degrade and crack regardless of mileage, so will be pulling a cam cover to see what's going on in there.  I'll most likely do the secondaries now (since they will cause catastrophic failure) and leave the primaries for the winter when I put the car away.  That's a much bigger job and I want to keep the car on the road for the rest of summer so I can enjoy it. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 3

Friday.. Early morning after my house chores, I went outside to manually rewater the grass where my contractor dug up next to the valve boxes for my lawn irrigation system; I had all the valves replaced last night.  Then went out of my way to do some weeding work (I don't do yard work), removed old flowers to clean the flower bed, and cleaned up a bunch of bird crap that was on my white vinyl fence.  :wacko:   Also finished up a couple of honey-do's..   Told my wife about my busy morning before work to earn some brownie points, but she gave me the shut up, too early go away face so it backfired..  :blink:  she didn't even say thanks.   

Empty handed and feeling stupid which is everyday, I went to my work desk in my lounge and WFH today, got through several depressing meetings, will probably need to do one more call before the day is over..  Evening will relax in my music room and later stream a movie.  

Been looking for something cool to buy next RC wise, but can't seem to find anything I want right now.. If my usual vendor ever gets my CC02 Bronco, I'd like to buy one.  

Saturday.. after early morning house chores, going to take my WRX STI out for a nice weekend drive.  I think I'm going try making a platform for Billy to fit him inside one of my MiniCoopers in the morning when I get back.  

Afternoon will be spent relaxing in my music room, evening will stream another movie.

Sunday.. weather permitting, will go for another drive in my STI, quick detail the car afterwards.  If I'm up for it, will remove the windshield cowl on my daily driver (WRX) and clean the drainage as I notice it was clogged when I washed the car last weekend.

Afternoon another rubber stamp relaxing in my music room and stream a movie in the evening routine.

Have a great weekend everyone!  :D 

IMG_2022-6-10-113902.jpg.606ed1569071ad5d85a18d3620e77c66.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Told my wife about my busy morning before work to earn some brownie points, but she gave me the shut up, too early go away face so it backfired..  :blink:  she didn't even say thanks.   

Well, I'll say thanks, er, or rather good job!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Well, I'll say thanks, er, or rather good job!

Thanks.  I've been giving her the cold shoulder all day today.  :lol: I usually don't do yard work as my dad loved gardening and he believed in hard child labor so he had me going from dawn to dusk as a kid.  I already did my entire life's worth of yard work so I contract everything out.   I own a single family home, yet I don't even own a lawnmower or trimmer.. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had a busy 2 weeks, and I've not been in work! 😳(My monthly week off).

Worked on the 1:1 project mostly, (really should add more to that thread...), been racing with my daughter at the RC Club,  repaired the old trailer tent and got that sold, repaired the old guy next doors lawn mower (ran over the cable, so I just figured ,it would be just a case of shortening the cable/rewiring to the switch, but it had pulled the switch through the side, so turned out not to be the 5 min job I first thought....🤦‍♂️).

There were a group of guys running IC cars ,near to where I take my kids to the swing park, so I went over for a blether. I'm now in a 'group chat' with them, and they're all local , so new RC guys to run with! 😁

• Like 1

Had a great race this weekend.  My Warpath & Carbon LMT took 1st & 2nd in Pro Mod, both first time out!  Pretty impressive trucks, makes all of my others seem obsolete at this point.  I guess that's the problem with racing - once you improve on the design/function of the equipment the old stuff becomes obsolete over night.  Guess I'll have some trucks for sale...Have already sold a couple in the past few weeks since I never really bash my race trucks and if they're not competitive there's no real use for them.  

• Like 3

Awesome job @87lc2!!!   :D 

Yeah, competition is definitely always pushing the limits of chassis technology for sure.  Then you got the motors and other electronics to worry about too..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Awesome job @87lc2!!!   :D 

Yeah, competition is definitely always pushing the limits of chassis technology for sure.  Then you got the motors and other electronics to worry about too..

Thanks buddy.  It's just hard now looking at my other trucks and thinking they'll never be used.  No reason to use a slower truck on purpose, right?  

24 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

Thanks buddy.  It's just hard now looking at my other trucks and thinking they'll never be used.  No reason to use a slower truck on purpose, right?  

My trucks are all slow.. ?   :ph34r:

:lol:

32 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

My trucks are all slow.. ?   :ph34r:

:lol:

I meant for racing of course...I have plenty of slooow trucks and I like them just fine :)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 87lc2 said:

No reason to use a slower truck on purpose, right?  

Should be some upgrades? 

I'm still running my Yokomo YZ2-T to success (at my local track,  not national level),  and that's a 2018 truck! 

2022-06-27_03-56-12

• Like 4

Another routine weekend for me.. well, except for the national holiday (Independence Day) on Monday. :D 

Friday.. WFH.. after work, nothing planned besides streaming a movie on my new  cheap Smart TV I got last weekend and a new audio setup in my master bedroom.  

I may glue the Willy figures I recently got to mount in my other Mini Coopers later on  next week.  B)

Saturday.. after early morning house chores, going to take my STI out for a nice weekend drive.  I am expecting a new 27" computer monitor to arrive, so will mount onto a rolling computer pedestal along with a new AppleTV module and portable sound system I got.  I decided that my poor aging vision needs a larger screen to view pdf instructions and DIY videos for shop work.   I was thinking about mounting a 60"+ SmartTV on one of the walls on my 900 sq ft garage, but decided having a rolling LCD to place right next to the car or project I am working on would give me better flexibility and viewing angle.  

Afternoon and evening will be spent in my music room.  I think my wife is hosting movie night in her manga library so will enjoy some family time.

Sunday.. will take my STI for another fun drive, weather permitting, and clean her up after the drive.  Will spend rest of the morning in my garage (car lounge) streaming car videos on the new monitor.   Early afternoon I might start painting the Willy figures.   Then rest of the afternoon will be spent in my music room and evening will stream another movie.

Monday.. weather permitting, I plan to take my Golf-R for a fun drive after early morning house chores.  Basically a repeat of Sunday for afternoon and evening.   I think we might pull out the grill for supper, not sure yet.  

Have a great weekend, everyone!  :D 

IMG_2022-6-28-183818.jpg.6e2425a9633e2eb5295d6449c75b0761.jpg

• Like 2

Kids have finished school for their summer holidays now, so a Friday off ,being able to get in the garage for a few hours, probably isn't going to happen..

Plan for today ,is to head over to Sea Life at Loch Lomond for a family day, as there's a Peppa Pig theme going on.

Sat / Sun I'm 12hr dayshift, so not much to report there, but at least the Euros is on YouTube, so can cheer on the Scottish guys (11yr old Daniel Pole is our Glasgow guy to cheer for👏👏)

• Like 2

Fairly quiet one for me today, hopefully.  WFH today, hope to finish around 2pm to head out for a walk in the hills, then back home to work in the studio for a bit before bedtime.

Saturday - daddy/daughter day as usual in the morning, maybe go to the woods for a walk or cycle ride if it's dry, then off to a wedding celebration with wife and child in the early evening.  Thankfully having a young child gives me a good excuse to stay sober, leave early and not get dragged into late night drinking / dancing / other post-wedding shenanigans (or, more likely, hang around in the corner feeling bored).

Sunday - workshop day.  As it's payday, I've just ordered a heap of parts to finish the F150 tow truck project - they probably won't arrive by Sunday but it would be good to finish all the little outstanding things that need finishing before I can fit said parts, like repairing the body, making a rear fender / light hanger, bodging in a front grille, etc.

Sunday eve - cook up some burgers and chips, slather them in fiery cheese, jalapenos and pepperoni, and eat myself into a chilli coma while watching Top Gear :) 

• Like 1