It's Friday again!  At least, I think it is.  I keep losing track, what with it being the summer holidays, my daughter and wife being home, and me taking every Tuesday off.  My routine has got completely screwed up, and I'm one of those people who literally stops functioning if I don't have a routine.

So, has anyone got anything fun planned?

At present, my weekend plans are like this - but as always, they're subject to change!

Friday

Working from home, finish at 2pm.  I actually have no idea how many hours I've worked this week, I've been sat at my desk a lot but haven't had a lot to do.  I need to look after my daughter this afternoon, I think we'll start building the Super Storm Dragon I bought for her last week.  I was supposed to be having some workshop time, but we had to cancel my daughter's trip to the mother-in-law this weekend as she has been covinated.

Tonight I've got to clean out the van and start loading in a few things for tomorrow, charge some batteries (hopefully) and generally chill out.

Saturday

Usual start to the day, get my daughter up and fed, then heading out on my own for the weekend.  I had planned to visit some local nature reserves, then head to the nearest coast to meander through the holiday crowds, but I'm wondering if I'll be bored, so maybe I'll head further afield to a more rugged coastal area and get some proper fresh air away from the crowds.

In the evening I'm heading up to Mendip RC Raceway to camp overnight (probably alone).  If I get there early enough (and the club permits) I'll test the Revival cars on the astro track.  I've got a table for 1 booked at the nearby curry house so I'll probably sit there all night and work on my novel.

Sunday

1:8 rallycross racing at Mendip, using the club loan car.  I've never done this before, but it looks like a good crossover between touring and buggies.  Mostly I'll be trying to stay out of everybody's way.

I don't have to take a detour to pick my daughter up on the way home, so I'll take a meandering route back across the Mendips.  There's a place that sells really good local ales, plus I'd like to stop for a short walk if there's time.  I'm under no deadlines, so I can get back late if I want to.

Then home in time for pizza and beers before the next week starts again.

Have a great one, wherever you are :)

• Like 2

Nothing exciting like rallycross racing for me, but here is how my weekend shall go.. Have fun out there, @Mad Ax!!  B)

Friday.. finished up my early morning house chores, will WFH today, hoping for a quiet work day.  Going to continue working on setting up my pretend RC shop (doing some remodeling) and finish off the day with streaming a movie at night. 

Saturday.. after early am routine house chores, weather permitting, I am going to take my Golf-R out for a nice relaxing weekend drive.  Going to continue working on my pretend RC shop remodeling in the afternoon and relax/play some tunes in my music room late afternoon.   Evening will be spent streaming a movie.

Sunday.. pretty much a rubber stamp of Saturday.. heading out for another drive in my Golf-R, cleaning her up after the drive, watch a few videos in my car lounge, followed by finishing off any honey-do's I may have..and mostly concentrating on rearranging my RC shop remainder of the day.  :D Finish off streaming a movie in the evening.

I have not started the Optima MID build yet, will start after I finish decorating my pretend RC shop which will require a few new plasticard projects as Willy has a bigger shop now.  

Have a good weekend, everyone!  :D 

• Like 1

Jumping the gun here since I just got done making a creeper for Willy and too tired to start any new projects today.

Friday.. WFH.. should be a quiet work day.  After some morning routine chores, I'm going to start making 4 posts for stanchions.  My wife suggested I place a stylish rope in front of my M38 display to make it look a tad more museum like..  I like the idea.  After hours I will play some cajon and stream a movie in the evening.

Saturday.. weather permitting, going to take my Golf-R for a nice weekend drive after some early morning house chores.  Last Sunday's drive got postponed due to rain.. so worked on cleaning up my new pretend RC shop's display.  After the drive I will continue working on the stanchion posts, then relax in my pretend RC shop in the afternoon.  Play some tunes in my music room late afternoon and stream a movie at night.

Sunday.. weather permitting, will take my Golf-R for another drive and clean her up afterwards.  I might receive the Turbo Scorpion and Fighting Buggy kits over the weekend, not sure yet.  Will check them out if they do arrive.  If I finish the stanchion posts, I will start a stainless top looking mobile cart for Willy's shop along with 2 stools and maybe a lamp.  I'm still looking for another Jack Osbourne action figure for cheap as my wife said she can use it to make a mold and make duplicates out of resin.   Anyway, will stream another movie after supper.

Have a great weekend everyone!  :D 

• Like 1

Happy Friday everybody!

Should be (hopefully) a quiet weekend for me.  I've been feeling under the weather this week, had a few bits of bad news all land at once leading to an uncertain future.  Coupled with continuous bad news in the mainstream media and people losing the plot over on social media, plus another heatwave keeping us soft Brits locked in our homes out of the sun, it's hit my health bad, so this week has been more about surviving than living.

Anyway, steps are in place to improve things and I'm feeling a lot better mentally (just waiting for the physical to catch up), I should be able to have a fun and productive weekend.  My daughter is away until Sunday afternoon, I miss her when she's gone but I get some time off parent duty.

Friday

Work from home this morning, very quiet as I'm waiting on other teams and lots of people are on holiday.  Mostly keep myself busy with training tasks, and finish around 2pm.

I need to pop into town this afternoon to get some new shoes, try to resist popping in the LHS and picking up a feel-good project, I've got way too many projects already and I should be saving the money for parts I need for the 6x6 rig.

Try to get an 8 mile walk in tonight, but I'll wait until later when the heat drops, which means I'll probably do the last 3 miles in darkness.  There's absolutely no artificial light where I walk, so I might see some shooting stars.  Or I might trip over something and faceplant in a cowpat.

Saturday

Need to fix the seals around the bath.  Hopefully not too long a job, but I want to do it properly while I have the time.  After that, head up to the workshop and continue with the 6x6 project.

Sat eve, cooking some ribs (from a packet) and chilling out with my wife for a film.

Sunday

In the workshop on the 6x6 build until my daughter comes home, then probably juggle some family duty until she goes to bed.

Sink some beers and work on the novel in the evening.

Have yourselves a great one, wherever you are :)

• Like 2

I've got a fun weekend ahead! The Autopian editors asked me to come down for their first-ever big meetup/car show in Los Angeles. They're flying me down, putting me up in a hotel, and we're all going to hang out and geek out about weird old cars (which is pretty much what the site is anyway). I'm heading to the airport in a few hours, but currently sitting on the sofa drinking coffee with my dog snoring beside me. The calm before the storm, I guess.

Here's the event post:

https://www.theautopian.com/the-autopian-is-hosting-a-car-show-in-la-on-august-13-and-we-want-you-there/

It's gonna be a blast. I can't wait!

• Like 2

Not had chance to post on this thread for a while, just been all go! 😳 

(12hr dayshift weekend this weekend 😔)

Kids back in school on wednesday, so hoping life stuff calms down a bit.....

Hope things calm down for you too @Mad Ax

• Like 1

It's Fri...  er, Thursday!

Technically yesterday was my Friday, as it's my last day in the office for a while.  Today we're throwing the last few things into the suitcases and then jetting off to sunnier climes for a week.  Well, I say sunnier, it's actually around 8 degrees cooler there than it's been here for the last week :lol:

There probably won't be too many updates from me for a week, as I'll be spending time with the family and doing absolutely nothing RC-related.  I hope y'all have a great weekend while I'm gone, and I hope I come back to some great project pics and event write-ups :) 

• Like 3

Enjoy your break @Mad Ax

No RC for me this weekend. We are getting our new puppy next weekend so the last few weeks have been busy prepping and getting other jobs done. Last weekend I filled an 8 foot skip with bricks and soil and my back still aches ;)

This weekend I need to shift 3 cubic metres of mulch and put up a new fence 😳 I’m too old for all these jobs 😂

• Like 1

Since I took the day off yesterday (Friday) forgot to update what I'm doing this weekend.. however it's really boring as boring is best (taken from Hitman's Bodyguard).

Friday.. I took a day off yesterday, first did some early am house chores and got a hair cut at my usual salon.  Came home, worked on the red helmet Willy figure pretty much all day.  Early evening played cajon in my pretend RC shop where I like to play along whatever is playing on Spotify while I check out my RC display.  Evening streamed a movie after playing some piano.

Saturday.. raining.. so will do some am house chores and then work on a wall-mount type cabinet for Willy's shop.  I will be heading out to some artsy store with my wife to get some beads for Willy's gum ball machine I'm going to be making after the cabinets.  Afternoon, I will spend some time in my music room to play some keyboards as my chops were getting a bit sloppy.  Evening will be spent streaming a movie.

Sunday.. weather permitting, will take my STI out for a nice Sunday drive, but otherwise, will continue on with making Willy's cabinets ands gum ball machines.  Afternoon and evening a rubber stamp of Saturday.  :D   I am expecting my Turbo Scorpion in the next few days so I am looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend, everyone!  B)

IMG_2022-8-19-182120.jpg.4b98723b88319fdf42be1413dc8f9e0d.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 8:19 AM, Mad Ax said:

I say sunnier, it's actually around 8 degrees cooler there than it's been here for the last week

Won't be 8° cooler than us, we had the heating on for the first time yesterday, it's as if the weather said, 'oh the kids are back to school, that's the end of summer' ⛈️

Enjoy your holiday 👍

The way things are going, no anything for me this weekend, I'm 12hr nightshift and as usual, an array of projects in the boot, for when I'm quiet. But I've had to actually WORK!, what's that about...🤷‍♂️🙄🤣

• Like 1

It's Friday again, peeps!

So we got back home around 4:20am this morning having set off from the hotel at 19:35 last night (no timezone change), had a few hours sleep and had a couple of hours awake to myself before the child woke up.  I now hear sounds of a wife moving down the stairs so looks like we all survived :) although I spent the last 2 days crippled with back pain and hovering within sprinting distance of the bathroom, not sure if that counts as surviving 

Friday

Recovery day.  Besides putting some washing on and making a second trip to the shops (went to the local inconvenience store this morning but because Brexit / war / pandemic / tory party (delete according to which tabloid you read) the delivery was late so I could only get a fraction of what I needed), we'll spend the day curled up on the sofa watching films.

Saturday

Probably spend the morning in the workshop finishing the rear suspension on the 6x6 Enduro project, then off to Bristol to DJ at a mate's party.  I usually have a set worked out and rehearsed weeks in advance but I found out about it just before my holiday, so I'll be spinning blind, like a proper DJ, working out the set list based on the action of the crowd.  Or, doing what I do in every other aspect of my life, just doing what I want regardless of what anyone else likes.

Sunday

Daddy/daughter day.  No plans but hopefully we can start the next stage of the Super Storm Dragon build together (we literally built the rear transmission on day 1 and she hasn't shown the slightest interest since then).  Maybe take some rigs to the woods to drive around, but probably just limp around at home playing games that she's making up as she goes along and to which she isn't explaining the rules until I've broken them and which largely involve pretending there are 3 other players (probably Ariel, Barbie and Elsa) who are playing it better than us and keep winning, apart from at the end when my daughter will somehow pull out an incredible lead and win and then decide she needs a prize.  She will be expecting a magazine from the shop, she'll get a small bar of chocolate from the drawer (only so I can have one too).

Monday

Bank Holiday here, I think.  Well, I hope, because I don't plan on being at work.  I was hoping my wife would say "well, I get 2 days off before you restart work, so you can have 2 days off too!" but she actually said "hmm, maybe we could do something as a family..?"  Usually that means I take all the parental duty until she gets out of bed around 11am and then I make the lunch and do the washing while she sits on the sofa scrolling through her phone and throwing in motivational soundbites like "we really should go out and do something."

Tuesday

Last full week of the summer hols, so it's the last midweek daddy/daughter Tuesday of the year.  To prevent a rubberstamp of Sunday, I'll probably take her to see some relatives.  It has the double-bonus that there's often some work I can help out with on the farm, so I get to drive the Polaris around the fields, and they always make us an awesome meal.

Then back at work for 3 days before a quiet weekend with the daughter away at mother-in-law's :) 

Anyone else got anything exciting planned?

• Like 1

Welcome back @Mad Ax!   Sounds like you got a fun and big weekend coming up.

For me..

Friday.. WFH, been doing a lot of non-RC stuff today starting with my usual early morning house chores, stained my wife's new entertainment center I am building for her new super nice Sony TV in her manga library, wired up a new Polk subwoofer to my mini component system (using speaker level inputs so made a wiring harness) in my piano lounge in prep to place my wife's old hand-me-down TV there, also did some home repair on the exterior trim as my contracted mowing service accidentally chopped off a corner of my siding's edge yesterday. :blink: I used my usual 0.100"  5000 series aluminum to make a small cover and silicon glued/VHB mounted onto the existing trim.  Look nice actually. B)

This afternoon, going to work on the staining a little more, then maybe make 2 posters for Willy's shop.. similar to this.

IMG_2022-8-24-180459.jpg.342517a4cac0d324c272097adb306137.jpg

Saturday.. Going to pull out my GR Supra for a nice weekend drive, going to watch a movie on my new to me TV in the piano lounge while I do laundry, and just a rubber stamp afternoon as usual (relax in music room, do some RC stuff, then stream a movie in the evening).

Sunday..  repeat of Saturday.  :D And probably sushi dinner to celebrate our 24th Wedding Anniversary coming up next week. 

Have a nice weekend everyone!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, Wooders28 said:

But I've had to actually WORK!, what's that about...🤷‍♂️🙄🤣

I hate when that happens. Which it does occasionally for me too :lol:

Got a quick update from my long weekend.  We popped over to my cousin's farm yesterday, and he had a little job for us to do before we left.  Some cows needed driving from the yard back to the field, so I was given the keys to the Polaris.  They acquired some new fields a decade or so ago, which I'd never seen before, so I took my daughter out on a little jaunt once the cattle were safely home.

sm_IMG_20220830_150024.jpg

sm_IMG_20220830_150340.jpg

sm_IMG_20220830_151940.jpg

Caution - water crossing!

sm_IMG_20220830_152743.jpg

After that we found some real heavy machinery!  @MadInventor might enjoy this one :)  the wheels are larger than a small child.  See small child for size comparison.

sm_IMG_20220830_153850.jpg

The bigger machinery was being used for non-standard purposes.  I think this is what we call "overkill".  I also think the owners of the Amarok didn't know they had a hi-lift jack in the back.

I made a fairly sharp exit after this photo was taken, before I felt obliged to get involved in the inevitable cleanup operation

sm_IMG_20220830_154304.jpg

• Like 3

@Mad Ax Nice pictures!  

So jumping the gun..

Friday.. WFH, will work on making 2 more seat backs for Billy in their Mini Coopers.. given I have time in-between work.

Evening will stream a movie and just relax.

Saturday.. so last Sunday my weekend drive got cancelled due to weather so hope to pull out my GR Supra again for a nice weekend drive after early morning house chores.  Will clean her up after the drive.   Rubber stamp afternoon with relaxing in my pretend RC shop, music room and streaming a movie in the evening.  

Sunday.. will pull out my WRX STI for a nice weekend run, and clean her up after the drive.   Rubber stamp afternoon and evening.  

Monday.. We have a holiday in the USA, so I plan to waterless wash my daily driver WRX early morning, followed by house chores and doing some honey-do’s.   

Besides that, will probably scratch build more plasticard accessories for Willy and rubber stamp afternoon and evening.  :D 

Have a great afternoon everyone!  B)

• Like 2

Happy Friday everybody!

I'm looking forward to a busy weekend in the workshop, as my daughter is away until Sunday and I've got very limited time left until the Revival (next weekend) and the Scaler Nationals (4 weeks today!)

Friday

WFH, low calorie day so I'll be hungry all day.

Hope to finish around 3pm and get straight into the hills for a walk.  It's been 3 weeks since my last walk, so maybe not make the full 8 miles, but will be good to be out in the fresh air again.

Finish the day with an hour or two on the novel.

Saturday

Up early to get into the workshop and spend all day on the Element Enduro 6x6.  I started work on the new transmission mount last night and I need to get that in place so I can test-run the rig properly.  I also need to rebuild all the shocks on the Revival runners, and make sure I can find all my buggy tyres.

Dinner, beers and movie with the wife in the evening.

Sunday

Work on the Enduro's trayback in the morning, then down to mother-in-law for a surprise birthday meal in the afternoon, rescue her from our daughter, and back home for bedtime stories and maybe a light supper in the studio with the novel.

Next week is going to be crazy - I've got to drive 4.5 hours to Leeds on Weds for a work event, staying over in a hotel, then 4.5 hour drive back home again on Thurs, in time to start loading up the van.  Then on Friday morning I've got to do 2/3rds of the journey all over again to get to Broxtowe for the Iconic Revival, 3 crazy days of buggy racing before I get back home again after the final 3 hour leg across the middle of the country for a late takeaway and some much-needed sleep.  That's 15+ hours driving and 3 nights away from home in a 5-day period.  I only wish I could stay longer in Leeds on Thursday and make a day of it, but as I won't see my family all weekend it seems unfair to stay away late on Thurs also.

Have yourselves a great one whatever you do :) 

• Like 2

It's Fri...  Thursday!

So today I am working from the company office Leeds.  It took me about 5 hours to drive here yesterday from West Wilts, did a few hours work before a fab night out with colleagues and a night in a hotel.

Work this morning, leaving around lunchtime to head to another hotel close to the Revival track.  Hopefully have enough time for a walk in the woods, since I'm staying not far from Robin Hood's legendary forest home, then spend the evening in the hotel restaurant working on the novel.

Friday

Revival 2022 Practice Day.  Pack in a big breakfast at the hotel ready for a weekend of camping, racing and festivities.  Hopefully have time to run the Top Force Evo, Super Astute, Manta Ray and Bear Hawk.

Saturday

2wd Race Day.  Run the Super Astute as my primary car, with the Bear Hawk as a backup if the SA fails.  I don't expect to place anywhere as I'm generally useless at 2wd racing.

Sunday

4wd Race Day.  Run the vintage Top Force Evo if it stays dry, with the Manta Ray as a backup / wet car.  Pack down the awning (I hope it's a dry day!) and start the long drive home for the traditional post-Revival takeaway and beer in front of the TV.

I've taken two cameras with me this weekend and I absolutely promise to get more pics than usual, and to do a proper round-by-round write-up of my weekend.

Have a fantastic weekend, peeps!

• Like 3

Agreed, good luck at the races, @Mad Ax!!

So for me..

Friday..  WFH, hopefully a quiet work day for a change.  Not sure what RC I am going to work on yet, but will find something to do.  :D  My guess.. organize pretend RC shop's closet.  

Saturday.. After early morning house chores, I plan to take my Golf-R out for a nice weekend drive.   Afternoon I am expecting a new shelf for my chargers in the pretend RC shop, so will work on putting that together and further organizing.  Afterwards relax in my music room, play a few tunes on my keyboards, and stream a movie in the evening.

Sunday.. Weather permitting, will drive the Golf-R once again for the last drive of the season, fill her up with fresh fuel mixed with stabilizer, and spend a few hours cleaning and putting her in hibernation mode.  Afternoon will relax in my music room, evening stream a movie as usual.  

Have a great weekend, everyone!  B)

This was a busy work week... glad the weekend is near!  Not that I'm going to be doing anything special.  :lol:

Friday.. WFH, will finish the Jimny seat back and take some pictures after early morning house chores.  I am hoping for a slow work day.  Then will work on the last 2 Billy's for my Mini Coopers (M05).  Evening will spend some time in my music room and later stream a movie.  

Saturday..  Last weekend Sunday got rained out so only got to drive my Golf-R once.  After early morning house chores, will take her out for her final drive of the season..   Will follow my end of season routine.. Fuel up the car with Stabil360, clean her up real nice, over inflate tires, place on Flatstoppers, hook up battery manager, place cover on, and suspend insurance.. She will come out next April.  B)   Afternoon will be my usual rubber stamp weekend.  I am expecting electronics and body for my 420X to arrive so looking forward to that.   

Sunday.. Weather permitting, I will take my GR Supra out for a nice Sunday drive.  She has 2 bullets left before hibernation.  Afternoon, another rubber stamp weekend; however, my wife got her big Sony TV finally set up so will probably watch a movie in her manga library/home theater.   

Have a great weekend, everyone!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

@Willy iinewhat car do you use through the winter when the Golf and Supra are tucked away?

My daily driver is a WRX.   

I should explain that the villages use road salt where I live and I hate getting salt in my garage (aka car lounge) so part of the reason why I hibernate my cars is not getting salt on my modded cars, and the other part is not getting salt inside my garage.  I have 2 daily drivers parked on the driveway all the time.  

• Like 1