Friday is the normal day of being (bored) at work, home, then back up to ASDA with mum for food shopping. Home, eat a few slices of pizza, then out with my friend to walk her dogs.

Saturday is my 1st weekend off for 2 weeks! My son and his mate are heading to London on the train, so hoping to meet them on the way or when we all get to Victoria. Undoubtably end up in the LEGO shop, though I don't get paid until next week, so probably a blessing in disguise! The new shop at Leicester Square is amazing, I recommend it to anyone top go there! 

Sunday is still unplanned. I did end up at Southampton last weekend, so at least I won't be heading there for a while! But no real plans other than picking up my son and doing something! Roast dinner when we get back from wherever, take the boy home, then sit in misery, wondering what the new week of work will bring!

Hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you get up to!

• Like 1

For me yet another boring weekend coming up.  :D

Friday, WFH,  already completed early house chores.  I am taking the am off to head to my stylist for a hair cut.  With the remaining time, I plan to finish brush painting Willy's tripod.  I need to make an image and print it to place on Willy's iPhone.. so that might take a while.. I hope my wife is home so she can help me.  Afternoon I hope to have a light work day and evening enjoy some RC and watch TV.

Saturday.. after early morning house chores, going to insulate my kid's bedroom windows while he is home so that he can help hold up the window blinds while I tape the window frame.. yes, too lazy to remove just for this.  Then going to try finishing up Willy's tripod and image so that I can crack open the Turbo Scorpion kit.  Afternoon will be spent relaxing in my music room, probably watch a movie and snacks in my piano lounge as well.  I am expecting two custom frames to arrive for the OptimaMID posters, so looking forward to that.  Evening will be spent watching TV.

Sunday.. morning going to maybe start the Turbo Scorpion build if I'm in the mood.  Maybe drive a couple of my RC cars too.  Then afternoon and evening will be a rubber stamp of Saturday.  

Have a great weekend everyone! 

IMG_2022-10-16-080833.jpg.aa51abde70252855d764abc74f5b20f9.jpg

• Like 1

My friday night is sitting in completely stationary traffic on the A12. Where ive also been for the last two hours and will likely be for a few more.

Jumping the gun, I have yet another awesome boring weekend coming up just as I like it.  :D

Friday.. WFH, after early morning house chores, I plan to finish up the Turbo Scropion chassis and start on the body.. paint and maybe do some decals.. evening watch TV or stream a movie.

Saturday.. after early am house chores, finish the Turbo Scropion chassis drive it around in the morning on my makeshift track.. Then relax in my piano lounge with snacks in the afternoon while streaming a movie.  Then clean up my music room a bit as I sold one of my stage pianos this week, I think I'm going to place a small sofa in the open space.  Do some online window shopping.   Then play some tunes afterwards and watch TV in the evening.

Sunday.. I plan to maybe work on a new styrene garage accessory for Willy's shop.. afternoon and evening a rubber stamp of Saturday.

Have a great weekend everyone!  B)

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:30 PM, Superluminal said:

My friday night is sitting in completely stationary traffic on the A12. Where ive also been for the last two hours and will likely be for a few more.

Man, that sounds awful...good luck.  

Guess I'll go early as well.  Have a full slate of RC racing this weekend so figured I'd post:

Friday - Off from work to I can get all of the trucks ready.  I've been working every night this week getting trucks ready but still need some more time.  My Sport Mod TXT is finally done and running, but need to get a body painted and decaled by Sunday.  Will be tight, but I think I can get it done if the paint goes on tomorrow then decals Saturday night.  Also putting the finishing touches on my TXT Pro Mod truck that has been totally rebuilt again (Saito2's truck).  SCS Drop Box trans, lowered the ride height even further, and a wheel/tire change that needs to be glued tonight if Im going to use it on Saturday.  

Saturday - Bloomsburg, PA indoor carpet race.  They run Retro and Pro Mod only, so will bring the Regulator & Juggernaut for retro, and the TXT, LMT, Warpath, and Barbarian for Pro Mod.  Can't wait to see how the TXT does with the new rebuild, adding proper sway bars has really made the truck into something to take seriously.  

Sunday - Delaware indoor carpet race.  They run Retro, Pro Mod and also Sport Mod which I love.  Only race in the area with a Sport Mod class, so excited to take the new TXT out for its maiden run.  Will bring the Regulator & Stock Chassis truck for retro (jumps too big for the Jugg down there), the TXT & SMT10 for Sport Mod, and LMT, Barbarian, and SMT10 Digger for Pro Mod.

Going to be a long, but fun weekend.  Haven't had a 2 race weekend in a while, and a special thanks to my wife for allowing me to go play with toys for 2 straight days :)   Excited to be fielding some (hopefully) contending Tamiya trucks in fields of serious race trucks.  Always like the reactions when people look at the Jugg or TXT and wonder what the heck it is.  Good times. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 4

Fairly quiet one here.

Friday - I've taken the day off work so I can take my daughter out today, as it's half term.  We're going to Lyme Regis to see the fossil museum (she's been learning about dinosaurs and fossils at school) and kick along the sand, make some sand castles, eat fish and chips and maybe treat myself to some locally brewed ale to bring home.  Might stop off for a walk in a country park on the way back.  It's a great place to run the crawlers, but not sure I've got time to get them charged and packed before we leave.

Night in the studio tonight, trying to salvage what I thought was a fantastic novel when I finished the edit early this year and now with hindsight is looking like a complete mess.

Saturday - another daddy/daughter day, pop over to the library for storytime and exchange some books, then spend the rest of the day around the house, maybe build some more of her Super Storm Dragon, watch some Disney films and do some reading and maths.

Probably watch a movie by myself on Saturday night.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday, plus the clocks change so I get a bonus extra hour.  My wife hasn't worked this out yet, she might not be happy when she realises.  Mostly going to work on the 6x6 crawler, but I've got a load of other smaller, simpler jobs I can be doing as well.  I keep putting off cleaning the resin printer, which I really need to do if I want to print some detail parts for the almost-finished projects I've got lying around.

Evening - cook myself something spicy, light up some incense and work on the novel.

Hope you all have a great one :)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

my TXT Pro Mod truck

Pro mod, as in Drag Racing?

Any pics? 

Been at the docs today, had a poke about ,looks like the surgery is fine, and no xenomorph chestburster surprise, so all good !! 🙄🤣🤣

Kids went straight to another kids birthday party after school, so got a bit of time in the garage, checking the new, correct sensors that arrived today, and all good, so can get them fitted, once I go get some new gasket stuff (thread tape isn't good ,when the threads are the earth), as the tube I've got, is solid....🤦‍♂️

Off to a 50th tonight, (everyone is getting of that age..😬), and the kids are staying at the their grandparents, so a rare child free night😁💃🕺.

Tomorrow, will be a sore one, kids will have the inlaws up around 6am, as per, so they'll think by 9am, its late on, and come around to drop them off....Think we'll just dump them infront of that Ryan on YouTube, and mutter , never again....🤢

Sunday, dunno tbh, wouldn't mind getting in the garage again, or if the weathers nice, head over to the track with my eldest..

Sunday pm, Top Gear is back on!!🤛

Sure they used to make more than a handful of episodes back in the 90's? My memory says its was on every week!!! 🤷‍♂️

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you're doing.

• Like 2

@Wooders28 Monster Truck Racing.   Pro Mod is the open class where anything goes, motors, suspension, tires, etc.  

• Like 1

Another nice boring weekend coming up for me.  :D 

Friday.. WFH, will start the Optima MID #2 build after early morning house chores.   I got the body basically done today, so I was happy about that. Evening will be spent relaxing watching TV or streaming a movie.

Saturday.. After early morning house chores, I am going to check in with my son who works at the local higher-end bike shop part time.  I am in the market for an e-bike called Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH by Specialized.   It's a belt drive fully automatic shifting e-bike for lazy people like me who wants to cruise around town, but does not want to excercise,  lol.  (just kidding, it is a capable commuter / recreation bike).  Not in a rush as the season is over, but supply is limited still so if his shop can get one quickly I'd like to pick one up.  

Beside that, my 10yr old TV in the piano lounge partially died the other day with the backlight LED not firing up right away so I need to test a HDMI to analog converter to see whether I can salvage the home theater system I put together for the TV using repurposed music gear.  I'm okay with a cheaper TV, but my wife insisted we should get a decent one so it's a newer Sony (the 50" version of my wife's huge TV she got for her manga library earlier this summer) which has no analog out.  

Afternoon, spend time building the Optima MID a little bit, then play some tunes in my music room; evening will be spent watching TV or streaming a movie.

Sunday.. will work on the Optima MID some more in the morning, go pickup a new TV if things work out.. Afternoon and evening is a rubber stamp of Saturday.  

Have a good weekend everyone!  :D 

• Like 3

Wow, Friday again?  I'm kinda glad it's here, although it hasn't exactly been a great one so far.  In fact it's been a day of fairly spectacular comic fails, like:

• knocking the clothes airer over, which knocked over the dehumidifier and spilt water all over the carpet, which now presumably must rehumidify before the dehumidifier can capture it again
  • standing in the puddle and getting a wet sock, but not bothering to change it because "I'm literally cycling to school and back before I shower"
  • not being able to log into the office VPN before going on the school run because computer says no
  • heading out on the school run on the bicycle without my phone, saying "what could possibly go wrong?"  - possibly not a great question to ask when you're cycling in rush hour traffic with your daughter strapped on the back
  • stopping twice en route because I heard something fall off the bike, finding nothing but other people's litter and dead leaves
  • getting to school and realising my keys were missing because I'd forgotten to close my bag
  • re-cycling the entire route at a walking pace with my eyes on the gutter looking for my keys, much to the annoyance of the car drivers behind me
  • cycling all the way to my wife's office to break her out of a meeting and get her keys
  • getting home an hour late, unshowered and unbreakfasted, to find it's all kicked off in the office and nobody's been able to get in touch with me
  • discovering that, during all that, my sock dried out

Still, on the plus side, two weeks of heavy rain has been broken by a bright (if slightly soggy) autumn day, so as long as it holds, I'll get my afternoon walk without getting rained on.  Which will be nice.

So, what's the plan for the weekend?

Friday - work until lunchtime, then get straight out for my walk, as sunset is 4:40pm.  Probably spend the evening in the studio, got plenty of 3D designs to catch up on plus some 2D graphics to sort - I need to batch up the graphics for several projects so I don't waste an entire sheet of sticky paper on a few designs on the top corner.

Saturday - daddy/daughter day.  Probably cycle to the library for storytime in the morning, then cycle to the locksmith to get all my house keys replaced.  (Need to find out where I can get a replacement garage fob too!).  I had promised my daughter that when the clocks change we could go for a woodland walk at dusk to try to spot some bats, but the forecast is for heavy rain all day, so we might just have a day at home doing stuff.  My 1:18 FTX arrived this week so we might do some Land Cruiser driving around the lounge.

In the evening I'm planning on cooking a Thai green curry (from a jar, I have neither the time nor the inclination to make the real thing) and watch a movie.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday.  I was considering a day out on the motorcycle, but there's yet more rain on the forecast, so I'll save it for another day.  Mostly work on the 6x6 Element Enduro, I made some great progress last week but came up against some more packaging problems.  Hopefully some new parts and supplies will arrive today or tomorrow.

Evening - spicy pizza, few beers, Top Gear and work on the novel.

Have a great one, everybody, and try not to knock over your clothes airer, it'll kick off a sequence of events that will culminate in loss of personal property, lost time at work and a wet sock.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm still signed off work, but getting more into the swing of things, so..

Friday - Walked the kids to school at 8.50, and by 8.55, my youngest (5) had slipped down a muddy grass bank (don't know how, as there's a playground between where I left them, and their classrooms...🤷‍♂️). By 9.15, she was infront of the school, not a care in the world, with a big grin on her face, holding her maths certificate, with muddy shoes, no socks, skirt and shirt that didn't fit her (lost & found, shirt hanging untucked, by her knees), and 'bed head' hair.....(pics on twitter, but restricted) , brilliant 🤣

My wife had a job interview in Glasgow, so gave her a run in. Which, even though was only a 40min interview, still kind of wrote off the daytime.

Today - I'm going to try and get in the garage, but it's my wife's 50th next week, and I'm still scratching my head what to get, but there's not really any ,inspirational (?) shops kicking about, just Tesco/Asda / B&M etc....😬

Tomorrow - See what the weather's like, and maybe take the girls out on their bikes. My eldest took to it like a duck to water, my youngest, would rather just stay on her scooter...🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

Jumping the gun since today is my Friday as tomorrow we are off!  Another super boring weekend coming up, which is perfect.  B)  

Friday.. after early morning house chores, going to start the Turbo Optima body.  I plan to do box art.  The chassis building will wait another week or so as I am in no rush to build.  If weather is on the cooler side, I might take my bicycle out for a quick ride.  Unfortunately my kid's shop did not get the Vado 5.0 IGH on their last allocation so I guess I will wait until next season to purchase one.  

Saturday.. after early morning house chores, given the body is ready for paint, I will begin painting the Turbo Optima body.  Afternoon will be spent streaming a movie with snacks in my piano lounge, maybe play a few tunes, then evening watch TV.  Last weekend we watched Maverick (my son and I had watched it prior) on my wife's home theater system since she got her HD copy...  wow.. that huge Sony TV coupled with her Bose home theater system is fantastic.  Her room is completely enclosed with her manga books so acoustically it is near perfect.

Sunday.. given the body is ready for decals, I will finish the Turbo Optima body.  Afternoon just relax in my pretend RC shop or music room and rubber stamp of Saturday for afternoon and evening.   

Have a great weekend everyone!  :D

• Like 2

I still don't know what I'm doing this weekend :lol:

Nearly 2 weeks ago I ordered some timber to replace some broken stair treads in my ageing home.  They were supposed to be here this week, but still not seen them.  That pretty much dictates the rest of the weekend.

Friday - WFH until 2ish, then off for a walk.  I switched around my diet days, so today I will walk on a full stomach for a change.  Last week I did 7 miles, 5.5 with really bad jellyleg, and after I got home I had a bad dizzy spell.  Where I walk is fairly remote, especially as it's colder and darker now, so I'm going to enjoy walking in peak condition and not in low sugar.  And look forward to coming home to a reasonable meal and work on the novel until bedtime.

Saturday - if the wood arrives in time, I'll be replacing stair treads all day.  It doesn't look technically difficult but a) it might be harder once I get started and 2) once I've started I've got to finish before the family can go to bed.

If the wood doesn't arrive then it'll be a regular Saturday with my daughter, may go visit some relatives on the farm if the weather is dry, maybe go to the library, maybe go to the woods for sunset to see if we can see some owls.

Evening - beers and a film.

Sunday - if I did the stairs on Saturday then Sunday by default becomes a family day, so, take the family out somewhere.  Forecast is good, so maybe go to the beach, maybe go to a local stately home for an autumnal walk among the gardens, cook some burgers in the van and generally have fun.  Probably home in time for all 3 of us to curl up with hot chocolate and a Disney movie.

If I didn't do the stairs then Sunday by default is Workshop Sunday, and I'll be in the workshop working on the 6x6 Element Enduro, among other things.

Evening - spicy meal, Top Gear, and novel.

Have yourselves an awesome weekend, peeps :) 

• Like 2

Today- Went for a lung Xray this morning, off the back of the surgery (weren't happy with my breathing), called past the cenotaph at 11 ,on the walk home, there was a piper , which was nice.

Also thought I'd call into a local, performance car place, and turns out they've got a hub Dyno ,custom stainless exhausts etc, which is handy (especially, as its minutes from the house, so probably risk the journey on open headers...😏).

Tomorrow - Having a do for the wife's 50th, in the evening, so the daytime will be nice and relaxing........😬

I wish!! , we've relatives arriving from down the road, catering to organise etc so will be an early start, best soap and towels out and stuff...🤦‍♂️

Sunday - My eldest has a remembrance parade, although the inlaws have said they'll take her, as we maybe not ship shape, just glad I managed to pay respects today.

• Like 2

@Wooders28 Hope you're feeling better this week.

So another super boring YAWN weekend coming up for me..I love it.  B)

Friday.. WFH, after early am house chores, will finish the new spray bottles I am making for Willy's shop.. I made two.. one for slip, one for tack.  :D  Play some tunes in my music room between meetings, then probably watch some vids and TV in the evening. 

Saturday.. if I'm up for it, after early am house chores, I will open up the Turbo Optima and start my build.  The body is already done so this should go real easily.  Trying to decide whether to run LeMans490 or LeMans240S...  B)  Then watch a movie in my piano lounge in the afternoon with snacks, play some tunes in my music room, watch TV or stream a movie in the evening.

Sunday.. will continue on with the TurboOptima build and afternoon & evening will be a rubber stamp of Saturday.  

Have a good weekend everyone!  B)

IMG_2022-11-13-124000.jpg.c3e52956cee0f57809aec7e7c710c218.jpg

• Like 3

Late update for me - I usually do this during a quiet work morning, but I wasn't working today and didn't have time for the update before we went out.

Friday - dropped the small human at school, then the wife and I went for a walk in the gardens of a local stately home, which has fond memories as we got married there.  Was lovely to see it in the autumn sunshine and have a nice kick through the leaves.  We were going to go to an indoor bouldering centre for some jumping around on fake rocks, but we stopped at a pub for lunch and ate far too much, so we came home and watched Enola Holmes 2 instead.  Going to put the child to bed soon, then continue our date day with a pizza, beers and Netflix.

Saturday - with the daughter all day.  Storytime at the library, maybe go for a play in the park, cuddle and film, hopefully find some time to get the mini trucks out and drive around the lounge.

Cooking Boston Beans in the evening, which I'll demolish with a pack of spicy crisps and a few more beers and either stream a movie or work on the novel.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday!  I didn't get much done last week as I had a last-minute motorcycle ride to the coast instead, so I'll bury myself back into the 6x6 Element Enduro instead.  It feels like there's not that much to do now - mount the body, fit the cage, then list and order the parts to transform from working prototype to finished model.  If it stays dry and I get the body mounts sorted then I might even mask and paint the body.

Evening - finish the last of the Boston Beans with more spicy crisps, watch Top Gear and work on the novel.

Have a good one y'all!

• Like 3

On 11/18/2022 at 12:45 AM, Willy iine said:

Hope you're feeling better this week

Cheers mate,

Funnily enough, I went in for a meeting in work with occupational health yesterday, and I'm starting back to work on Monday, 4hr dayshifts! I thought I'd have got loads done over my 2 months off, but....

Saturday (today), I was hoping to get in the garage on the 1:1 project, but ,there was a noise in the bathroom last night, which turned out to be the false ceiling falling down, so I'm guessing that'll take priority...😔

Sunday - an idea for my wife's 50th party last week, was to have a fondue, but decided against it ,as you always get a double dipper etc. Did mean, the seed was planted in my brain, and been hankering to have one since, so bought a mixture of cheeses yesterday, carrots ,bread sticks and crusty bread, and that's Sundays lunch. Apart from trying to get in the garage, and Top Gear ,nothing else planned...

Enjoy your weekends! 

• Like 2

Had Friday off, this is two weeks in a row now, it's quiet at work. Not complaining, get paid, but was counting on doing a bit of overtime before Xmas for some extra dosh.

So the last two Fridays I have gone into work on my days off, and worked on my truck. Just chipping away at a list of small things to get it looking tidy, as it's quiet therapeutic.

Managed to paint the faded grille. I would love to pick up (no pun) a decent second hand one out of the states, but finding one is one thing and the shipping is a killer as it's an oversize part. Don't really want a reproduction one as when they make the clones, they leave the recess out so the original Chevy emblem doesnt fit. I have locally found a shop that has a new reproduction valance (I was originally going to buy this from Summit), it's a $20USD part, but once I pay Summits oversize fee, then the shipping cost of nearly $200usd, it works out at $360NZD, minus import tax. The local shop that has the valance is $135 plus shipping from the south island, which works out at $190.

Also as next weekend is Beach Hop, which is NZ's biggest Rock and Roll and Classic/Hot Rod car festival. Not entering it (my truck is too new, they have a cut off year for entries), but you can still go up and have a look and watch the entertainment, go on the nightly cruises, buy stuff and they normally give away a classic/vintage car/truck that they've been doing up throughout the year, a bike (normally a brand new Harley) and a cash prize. There is lots of people dressed up and generally a very cool atmosphere. I've only been once in my truck, back not long after I first got it. So I am looking forward to this.

Sorry, this has kind of turned into a project car post 🤦‍♂️

2sQL7Mh.jpeg

i8YVQLn.jpeg

• Like 6

@berman, that's a very nice truck!  It makes me think I should get on and tidy up the rust and faded trim on my day van, it's about time I took pride in a vehicle again.

Anyway - it's Friday again!  Where did this week go?  It's been a non-standard week, we're usually structured and regimented about who does what and when, but it's the Christmas party / Christmas market season so we're both being pulled in different directions.

Friday - work from home, should be quiet as most people are away.  Worked some overtime this week but probably stay on until around 2pm for goodwill.

No walk for me today - I need to pick my daughter up at 5 as my wife is doing a market (at the school where I need to pick my daughter up - so much for reducing vehicle usage, we'll both be driving the mile to the school in different vehicles!) - so I'll probably spend a couple of hours in the workshop, tidying up and doing a few bits on the 6x6 Element Enduro.

Tonight - probably work on the novel.

Saturday - planning to get up early, drive onto the Mendips and do a 7-8 mile walk.  I say planning to, this will require some willpower.  I need to be in Bristol for 12:30 for a mate's 40th birthday meal at an all-you-can-eat restaurant, so I could do with working up an appetite (although my appetite isn't exactly shy these days).

Back home to spend the rest of the day messing around in the workshop, then open some beers for a night in the studio.

Sunday - daddy/daughter day while my wife goes off to the coast with her friend.  Probably walk her through the park to the local soft play centre, maybe try to get some other local dads to pop along for a catch-up.

Evening - probably chill out and stream some TV.

Have a good one, everybody!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The weekend again!! 

First week back in work this week, but only short dayshifts, so a really quick week.

Friday - kids had playdate, which turned into ordering Chinese , my wife opening wine to share with another of the mums, then music and disco lights on. Turned into actually a good night! 😁🕺💃

Sat  - Family coming up for a weekend in Edinburgh, so heading over on the train for a catch up. The Ice rink is now open, and the Christmas Market, should be fun.

Sun - Either racing at the indoor RC Club 40min away, or try and get time in the garage, and carry on with the 1:1 Project wiring...🥺

• Like 4

Didn’t even realize yesterday was Friday already, even though I was Black FRIDAY shopping.   :D   It’s like me looking for my reading glasses while it’s already on my face.. lol

Friday.. did some super early am online shopping as I was having a hard time digesting the Thanksgiving feast my son made for us the previous night.   It was delicious and he did a fantastic job, it’s just these American foods can be a bit heavy for older J-guys like me.  

My Egress Black Edition finally arrived so that was great.   Will start with the body maybe in the next day and begin the build next weekend.  

Saturday.. after early am house chores, going to finish up Willy’s wash basin for his shop and accessories I made for it.  Going to clean up my RC work desk and dust the display in my pretend RC shop for the month.  Afternoon will be spent watching a movie in my piano lounge snacking, followed by my usual playing tunes in my music room, evening spent streaming a movie or watching TV. 

I am expecting my RC order from Japan to arrive, so looking forward to that.  

Sunday.. work on the Egress body in the morning, basically a rubber stamp of Saturday for afternoon and evening. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!! :D 

IMG_2022-11-26-054328.jpg.fb6551b1da4458cbf1b5d947be742722.jpg

• Like 3

Another super boring weekend coming up, which is perfect.  :D

Friday.. clean up my pretend RC shop as I just finished my Egress Black Edition build ahead of schedule.  WFH, take it easy the entire day, drive my new Egress between meetings and make a stand for it.  I need to do some adjustment on the RC shelf lighting cables so will work on that.

Then play some tunes in my music room late afternoon.. and help set up some Christmas lights for the porch.  Evening will watch TV or stream a movie. 

Saturday.. work on making new Willy's garage accessories after early morning house chores.  Planning to watch a movie in my piano lounge with snacks early afternoon, relax and play some tunes in my music room, and watch TV in the evening.   

Sunday.. basically a rubber stamp of Saturday. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!  B)

• Like 3

Friday again!  It came around quick this week as I had a couple of days off on Tue and Wed, to use up some leave before the year end.

Friday - WFH, as I had two days off this week I haven't been able to make up so much time, so will be working later than usual today.  Probably tidy the workshop and clean some of the cars I got muddy on Weds, before putting them away, then spend the rest of the night either watching TV or working on the novel (or probably a mix of both).  Low calorie day, so tiny meals and an early night.

Saturday - daddy/daughter day.  Make a campfire stew for the slow cooker, then walk to the library to change some books and maybe listen to storytime.  After that we'll do some more building on her Super Storm Dragon, drive the 1:18 crawlers around the house, and cuddle up to watch a movie.

Evening - probably relax with a movie and some beers while I devour my campfire stew.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday.  Probably won't be able to finish the 6x6 as I'm still waiting on parts and postage is way behind here, but I've got lots of other little things I can do.  I might even box some stuck projects away for a while and start a leaf-sprung monster truck project that I've been holding off doing for an age.

Take a break at lunchtime to put out the Christmas decorations.

Evening - enjoy the delicious smoky flavour of a campfire stew that's been slow-cooking for 36 hours, along with a few beers and some spicy crisps, while I watch Top Gear.  Work on the novel.

Have a great one, everybody!

• Like 3

Still on a phased return in work, so a whole 5hrs today....

Although, as it goes with my luck, a meeting with occupational health, I'm going back onto my shift rota in 2 weeks, so I'm nightshift boxing day, and 12hr dayshift weekend at new year.....🤦‍♂️ (could be worse, one shift is 12hr dayshift Christmas day and 12hr nightshift new year).

Couple of hours in the garage this afternoon, then the school run.

Saturday, is a Christmas Market thing in the kids school, and got roped into helping at a stall with the kids...🤦‍♂️

The PM, is a night out ,for a shift mate who's retired.

Sunday, I'm hoping to get in the garage in the morning, then crack open a bottle with my wife,  stick the Christmas tree up and let the kids decorate it (then my wife will rearrange, once their in bed...)

• Like 3