Friday one of the clubs here had a Toy Run, so went along and did that which was pretty cool. They've been doing it for 20 odd years, but this is first I've actually participated in. A lot of really cool Hot rods, Muscle and Classic cars.

Friday night I got a message from an old work colleague asking if I was climbing the Mount this weekend (been a bit slack since I injured my knee A month or so ago), so arranged that for the morning.

Saturday I was heading to the Mount for said climb with friend and watched a head-on collision unfold in front of me. One of the drivers died and I had to drag his body from the car as his was on fire. Luckily there was other people there so two guys ran to a house to get buckets of water and three trainee nurses were there (were in the cluster of traffic also) and were starting their shift heading to work.

I didn't end up catching up with my workmate, (it had been 1.5 hours since I was meant to go for my climb) I went and and had a coffee in a car park and stared into oblivion over analysing what happened in front of me.

Sunday the car club I (kind of) belong to had a Charity event on. There was a hot rod classic car display on, and they auctioned off some donated stuff to give the money to a men's mental health organisation.

After this I drove 2 hours each way to play trucks for 30 mins and sell my rc forklift. 😄

Stopped off at the local park on the way home and ran my Mojave and DT03

Will upload some pics later.

• Sad 1

@berman it sounds like you had a tough weekend.  I hope you're OK dealing with that, remember to reach out for support if you need it.

Driving 2 hours each way to play with trucks for 30 minutes - that's totally normal, right..? :lol:

• Like 1

Hope your OK @berman, as Mad Ax said you know where we are if you need us 😉

I did those Toy Runs, but on Motorcycles. It’s a great way to do something useful with like minded people 👍🏻  

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 8:25 AM, Mad Ax said:

@berman it sounds like you had a tough weekend.  I hope you're OK dealing with that, remember to reach out for support if you need it.

Driving 2 hours each way to play with trucks for 30 minutes - that's totally normal, right..? :lol:

Thanks mate. Yeah the ambulance driver said the same thing. He said "If it doesn't affect you, there's something wrong." 

Yeah it was mainly to sell the forklift, things are tight. I took one truck and drove it for 5 minutes, then talked to the two guys left, everyone else had gone home. I think I over committed, I achieved lots, but it was so exhausting and not relaxing. 😮💨

23 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Hope your OK @berman, as Mad Ax said you know where we are if you need us 😉

I did those Toy Runs, but on Motorcycles. It’s a great way to do something useful with like minded people 👍🏻  

Cheers mate, I appreciate that. It was cool to just fit in (kind of) for a bit.

• Like 3

Those pics... 

0VTmXpM.jpeg

L21FFKV.jpeg

HGMl5am.jpeg

eh0q6Bg.jpeg

x44QOx5.jpeg

dWgQWXB.jpeg

0KrUTj7.jpeg

9nv29Yf.jpeg

One on the left just makes me want a set of those Tamiya m-chassis Alloys even more...

isxRnXP.jpeg

h9n7Hsg.jpeg

I am.. the night rider...

DBdLIwm.jpeg

gu6wpbM.jpeg

xe4KERk.jpeg

And someone got a blurry action pic of my truck, but I'll take it...

8sKWxyH.jpeg

• Like 3

Excellent pics @berman, thanks for sharing :) 

Those Minis bring back memories, I had a red Cooper S with a union jack roof - 20 years ago!  Those were the days...

I was driving my wife's Yaris to pick up the shopping this morning.  It's got a hole in the exhaust and is sounding like a boy racer mobile.  For a brief moment I had an urge to go get a small hot hatch, stick on some stiff springs, a loud exhaust and some fat alloys and go tearing up the back roads like I used to do 20 years ago, just like the kids who I shake my head at now :lol:

I love the MFP car.

• Like 2

My Thursday is my Friday this week and next week as I am taking both Fridays off.  :D 

So another super boring weekend coming up.. I can't wait.

Friday.. after early morning house chores going to work on my Javelin to swap the top deck to CF.  I am really looking forward to this mod as the car just looks superb (well to me) in black.. the CF will be the icing on top.   Afternoon just relax and maybe drive my DT02 around my make shift track with the new skateboard ramp for jumps.   Evening play some tunes in my music room, stream a movie later.

Saturday.. after early morning house chores, will cut the fresh Egress body and paint it silver with windows masked.  I am expecting my Avante driver to arrive real soon so want to install him in my rere.  Afternoon going to watch a new movie in my piano lounge with some snacks, and play some tunes afterwards.  Evening watch TV before heading to bed.

Sunday.. going to finish the Egress's new silver body and take some snaps to share on IG.  Afternoon, will probably just relax in my pretend RC shop, then rest of day a rubber stamp of Saturday afternoon relaxing in my music room and watching TV.  

Have a great weekend, everyone!  B)

IMG_2022-11-27-135302.jpg.34f9edd498679efbe17f5e6423169049.jpg

• Like 3

Came back to work yesterday after a lovely 11 days off, using up my holiday. 

Friday - work, but a LONG day! It's Stock Take day! YAY! So start work at 8am and probably finish around 9.30 - 10pm. Only bonus is the company pay for dinner, so will be having a kebab! 

Saturday - Work until 1pm, in early to do the 'variants' from the stock take, basically as they don't believe what we've just counted, or we're either really up on stock, or missing a shed load! After work, go and pick my son up, probably go out shopping somewhere if we get time! We still need to put the Christmas Tree up, so that may get done as well!

Sunday - Xmas shopping somewhere, nothing planned really and no idea where to go! Most of the towns around me are pretty rubbish these days. 

Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a great weekend!

• Like 4

Another Friday is upon us - this one feels like it's been a long time coming!  My daughter has been unwell with the usual winter cold this week, wife has also been unwell, plus she quit her well-paid contract this week in response to a heavy-handed disciplinary because she hit a lamp post while parking her car.  Which is pretty stressful as we'd started to make a lot of financial plans for next year, but I can see her point, and I wouldn't want to work there either, after that.

So I pretty much feel like I need a quiet relaxing weekend at home to unwind right now :lol:

Friday - school run in 20 mins, then work this morning, finish just after lunch and get straight into the hills for a walk.  Not sure how far I'll manage as the sun will set around 4pm and it's probably going to be 0 degrees soon after that.

Going to cook myself a spicy pizza (a cheap one from the freezer) and chill out in the studio tonight, probably watch some TV and work on my novel.

Saturday - another carbon-copy daddy/daughter day.  It's probably too cold to go out, unless we decide to wrap up warm and go to the woods for 20 minutes, so probably do indoor things.  Driving the 1:18 crawlers and building the Super Storm Dragon are top of my list, but she's avoided those for the past month so I guess she'll drag me into playing hide-and-seek again.  There's only so many places to hide in my house.

Evening - cooking a favourite garlic chicken recipe, probably stream a movie.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday.  Forecast is for 1 degree, so I'll be wrapped up real warm.  We didn't buy in any wood for the burner this year, I figured there was probably enough for a couple of chilly weekends, but last night my wife told me she intends to be in the workshop making products for her online craft store every day once her contract ends, so she's going to want all the wood we've got and then some, so looks like I'll have to place an order today.  That means a cold day for me, but that's OK, I'll dose myself up on instant mochas and burn off the excess calories shivering.

Plans - mainly the Enduro 6x6, mount the body and make it good to run.  Only two Workshop Sundays before the SST Pay and Play Day at the quarry on the 30th, so this rig needs to be ready for a proper shakedown.

Might also try to sort out the body flare on the MTX-1, and there's loads of other little jobs to finish off, unless I throw caution to the wind and dig out the chassis and axles for a whole new monster truck build that I'd been thinking about for ages.

Evening - probably chill in the studio and work on the novel.

Have a great one, everybody :) 

• Like 4

On 12/6/2022 at 6:23 AM, berman said:

Yeah the ambulance driver said the same thing. He said "If it doesn't affect you, there's something wrong." 

Hope you're OK mate, you never know how things will effect you ,until they happen, even with all the training in the world. If you need help, do what you need to do. 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:49 AM, berman said:

One on the left just makes me want a set of those Tamiya m-chassis Alloys even more...

They race the Mini's at an indoor track not far from me, and @neowhizz keeps nipping my ear about getting one....🤔

I've owned 5 Mini's and still have 2, a '69 998 and an '81 1275GT (my first car!). They're on the project list, after the TransAm is done, but I think the Type R engine swap is out of the window, and will now be a rear motor tesla swap.....

Still on the phased return, so just a wee 5hr shift today.

Kids out to a panto tonight, and still bouncing off the walls from meeting santa during the week.🤯

Bit of a somber night for me though, a mates wife lost her battle with cancer this morning, so maybe just raise a glass later.

Tomorrow,  planning on throwing some paint on the freshly plastered walls and ceiling in our bedroom (I say freshly, it was just before I had my surgery in September....), and get in the garage at some point, although if the past week is anything to go off, I'm only making it in there, once the kids are in bed, and the mercury has dropped to minus figures...🥶

There's seemingly some football thing on, so might catch a bit of that..

Sunday, Probably head to church in the morning. My wife usually takes the girls, but I should really make an effort this time of year 🎄

Still grasping onto the hope I'll get garage time, but wait to see how that pans out.

• Like 2

Another week went by in a flash.  Tomorrow I am taking off from work, so today was like my Friday.   :D 

Another perfect super boring weekend coming up.. 

Friday.. After early morning house chores I am going to start the Kyosho Beetle build.  I received the alloy wheels so I might just start with the body since it appears it is precut..just needs window mask and paint.  I think I am going to brush paint the headlight housing area before spraying the body color which I am thinking dark blue.    Evening I plan to relax in my music room and then head upstairs to watch TV before calling it.

Saturday.. after early morning house chores, continue on with the Beetle build in the morning.  Afternoon I plan to watch a movie in my piano lounge with snacks.. then relax in my music room to play some tunes, maybe drive my m-chassis, then watch TV at night.  

Sunday.. Finish the Beetle if I finish.. no rush.   Afternoon and evening a repeat of Saturday.  

Have a great weekend, everyone!  :D 

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this week has flown by or dragged.  I'll be pretty glad to see the back of this one, nothing really bad has happened but every day has had its share of challenges.

The Plan:

Friday - wfh this morning, look forward to a call around midday to tell me the garage have fixed the wife's Yaris, then head out for another 8-mile walk as the sun goes down over Salisbury Plain.  Temps are hovering just above 0 during the day, so once the sun's gone it'll be real cold.  Take some sandwiches and a high energy snack to enjoy while I watch the sunset.  Then home to sort out last weekend's workshop photos, set up some 3D prints and enjoy a pizza and some beers, and work on the novel until it's too cold to stay up.

Saturday - chill out with my daughter all day.  Literally, as it's freezing here.  Build some Super Storm Dragon and drive our FTX Mini-Xs - she's said she wanted to do that for the last month but always changes her mind.  So we'll probably do some drawings together, watch a film and play hide-and-seek.

Evening - cook a spaghetti Bolognese and stream a movie.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday.  Rain is forecast, so it should be warmer.  The 6x6 Element Enduro is pretty much ready for its woodland debut now, so it's mostly cosmetic stuff to finish off.  I doubt I can do much on the MTX-1's sponsor plates as it's too cold for paint, and I haven't finished the grille panel for the tow truck so I can't do that either.  Which means I might have time to start something completely new?  I've got a lot of boxes stored away with projects I've been meaning to get stuck into.  But I'm fairly sure the wife has got me some parts for a Christmas present, so maybe I want to leave it until I know what the big day brings..?

Evening - reheated Bolognese-a-la-Spicy-Sauce-and-Cheese-over-Nachos, maybe even throw in some jalapenos, guac and sour cream for that authentic fake chilli experience.  Beers, novel, and the return of Top Gear (it's been off air the past month or so, apparently there was some football thing on).

What will probably happen:

Friday - wfh this morning, get a call from the garage to say they can't get the parts for the Yaris until next week.  Cancel my walk because I'll need to go fetch my daughter from school at 5pm.  Hang around clock-watching between 2 and 5, getting nothing done, before resuming my Friday-as-planned plan.

Saturday - swap days off with the wife, so I can have Workshop Saturday.  Curse all day because it's freezing in the workshop.  Persuade wife to cook the Bolognese so I can head out for my walk mid-afternoon, sacrificing my workshop time in favour of exercise and fresh air.  Curse because the clouds have rolled over as forecast and there's no sunset, just dreary encroaching darkness.

Sunday - spend the morning with my daughter, before taking her to the mother-in-law's in the afternoon, hopefully getting home in time for some Bolognese and beers before bed.

Happy Friday everybody!  Wherever you are, have a good one :) 

• Like 2

Well, the bad news is that the wife's car failed the MOT, the good news is the garage are sure they can have it fixed by 5pm, which is fab, because I'm leaving for my walk in 30 mins.

Of course, if they don't get it fixed, I'll be somewhere on Salisbury Plain probably an hour's walk from the van and 30 minute's drive from the school.

The cost to fix the car..?  Well, suddenly a new Bruiser doesn't seem to expensive after all :o 

• Sad 3

It's Friday, everyone!  What are we all up to?  Just a regular rubber-stamp weekend for me.  WFH today, spending time with my daughter tomorrow, all day Sunday in the workshop wrenching on some projects...

No, wait!  Apparently there's some big Christian festival on this weekend, so we're going to shelter at home and not come out until it's all over.

Friday - wfh, we're on half-day today but I already did most of my hours this week so I'll clock off around 10ish.  I won't do my usual 8 mile walk today as a) the weather is appalling and 2) I have to pick my daughter up from Bristol later, but I might pop into the model shop in Bath and then go for a walk around a reservoir south of Bristol, primarily because it has nice gravelled paths and a good fish and chip shop.

Rescue my daughter from my parents, get her home in time for dinner and bed, do some last-minute prep and wrapping in the studio tonight.  Either work on the novel or catch some TV before bed.

Try to decide if I should buy a Landfreeder Quadtrack at the knock-down Tamico price.

Saturday - clean the kitchen until it sparkles (or at least buff a shine into the top layer of grease, which has congealed hard as lacquer over the last 5 years) and work out my cooking timings for the Christmas meal.

Cuddle with the family and watch a Christmas movie, before peeling my daughter off the ceiling and sending her off to bed (because Santa won't come if she's awake!)

A very good mate (who I originally met on here) is coming over for the traditional takeaway and Cards Against Humanity.

Eat Santa's minced pie and drink his rum (pretty sure it should be sherry or brandy but I'm also pretty sure we're out of both) and leave a trail of crumbs to the fireplace as a distraction.

Sunday - up early for porridge and croissants, get the bird in the oven, prepare the house for the arrival of the Mother-in-Law, including the construction of a well-guarded Neutral Zone surrounded by a large DMZ, in a vain attempt to prevent all-out war between my wife and her mother.

Open pressies, consume enough calories to feed a small expedition to the South Pole, drink some wine and wait for the endorphins to wear off around 5pm, just in time for the Annual Christmas Family Feud to begin.  Take my daughter upstairs to hide in the nuclear bunker under her bunk bed until the air raid sirens stop and the invading army has been repelled by force to return home in her camper van.

For those who are celebrating, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.  For those in the west who are not celebrating, I wish you the very best of luck, you have my thoughts and prayers and I hope to see you again when the dust settles.  For those in the rest of the world, have a fantastic weekend :) 

• Like 4

For me, super boring weekend coming up as usual.. B)

Friday.. I am off until 1/4/2023 so I will enjoy my time off!  :D  Woke up to -9 degrees..:wacko:  this is in fareheit.  I hate hearing my central HVAC re-cycling right after it's normal cycle as it thinks the heater core is too hot and need to keep the blower running.  It's a safety feature, but only happens when the core is running super hot.   I am super glad I got the blower capacitor replaced this Fall..

Temp is supposed to come up to 0F later today (windchill still -30F) so looking forward to that.  sad yes..but what to do but hope nothing breaks..  I filled my little humidifier and placed in the foyer.  I do not like running the central humidifier as it usually over compensates and damages windows due to constant condensation even if it is mild.. not only that, our water is kind of on the hard side so the whole house can potentially get covered in mild residue of calcium and other sediments..so I stopped running it a couple of years ago and tell the kids to take hot showers and stop the exhaust fan in the bathroom as soon as they get out of the shower and run the swiveling pillar floor fan.  I found this to be the best way to balance humidity for my house.   Once I get a whole house water purification system I will consider getting a modern central humidifier system.

In RC news, I will be working on Willy's fluid extractor today.  I just hope people can tell what it is once it's done.. because my wife looked at it and asked what is it? :blink:  .. :ph34r:  in my defense, she did not know what a fluid extractor looked like until I showed her a picture..

Saturday.. after early am house chores, will finish Willy's extractor and cue up my MIDnight build.. yes, my version Optima MID black edition. This is my 3rd unit.. I just love this car.  This time it will run full Kyosho CF and the usual popular options, LeMans240 15.5, XR10, usual 1252MG.   Kogawa-san (designer of Kyosho/HPI) sent me a xmas gift yesterday (very rare aluminum wheels and tires) if anyone wants to check out the postman and gallery threads.  Very cool.  I need to visit him to to see if I can get my posters autographed.   He is a genuine nice guy.

Will see if it's warm enough for me to shovel snow, and I will fire up the snow thrower for the first time this winter. 

Afternoon I am going to watch a movie in my piano lounge with snacks, evening will play some tunes in my music room, dinner with my immediate family (my wife's and my parents and relatives are all in Japan) then watch TV before calling it.  My older chef son is going to make dinner for us, he said.  

Sunday..We're going very low key for Christmas this year.  So I will start the MIDnight build after quick gift exchange in the morning and work on the body.. that is a pretty tricky body to cut if one wants to be very precise.  

Afternoon and evening a rubber stamp of Saturday.  

Have a great weekend and Happy Holidays everyone!  B)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Willy's fluid extractor today.  I just hope people can tell what it is once it's done.. because my wife looked at it and asked what is it? :blink: 

I don't know what a fluid extractor is.  Something to do with the Showing Your Age photo competition..?  :D

• Haha 3

So our Christmas planned lasted for a few hours after I posted my last update.

The saga actually begins on Thursday, when my wife came back from Ikea with a new small cupboard for my shoes to go in, because they're messy being on the floor, apparently, and we have family coming, so we have to make an effort.  So I spent Thursday evening putting it together and making legs for it (she forgot to pick up legs from the store), then sorting my shoes into it.  Except it isn't really big enough for shoes, so I had to sort of double-stack them.

I made it to the hobby shop to get a few tiny things, then drove for an hour to reach the reservoir.  It had been dry, but the rain came down heavy just after I arrived, but hey, a wet walk is better than no walk at all.  So I got into the back of the van and put on my thermals and walking trousers and walking socks, and then realised I'd brought one left boot and one left shoe.  Since the shoes I'd driven in are literally my only remotely half-presentable pair, plus they give me blisters if I walk more than a quarter of a mile, I was forced to abort.

Fortunately the place I'd parked has a nice view, an award-winning fish and chip shop, and I'd brought my laptop, I decided to sit back and work on the novel, grab myself an indulgent lunch and watch the birds over the reservoir until it was time to go rescue my daughter.

10 minutes later the wife called in a fit of despair after mother-in-law had cancelled her visit, having contracted one of the various different plagues that are currently doing the rounds in this small part of the world, because the only thing worse than having your mortal enemy in your home on Christmas Day is not having your mortal enemy in your home on Christmas Day.

At which point I pretty much lost my inspiration, lost my appetite, and figured I should probably go and get my daughter and go home before things got too bad.

On the plus side, I managed to get all my wrapping done last night, also now we have to cook less food in our standard-size oven tomorrow, so the chances of contracting food poisoning are reduced by around 28%.  Oh, and I ordered a Landfreeder Quadtrack at a bargain price yesterday.

Happy Christmas :) 

• Like 4

Well, on a Friday a few weeks ago we sadly had to say goodbye to our beloved dog Zimbi as she was hit by a car, no one’s fault just an unfortunate accident. She will be sadly missed and RCing in the backyard will never be the same. She was old and we were preparing ourselves at 15 with chronic pancreatitis, going blind and deaf properly had 6/12 months left. She just didn’t deserve the end she got.

Yidew2STTdK1p6Ubpf5Y8g.jpg

R.I.P Zimbi 😕

Anyway on a lighter note and time is a great healer, this Friday was my last night shift in the Truck. I’m Rostered on Saturday & Sunday but I’m taking them off for some family time as my son’s here for a short visit from the States for Christmas. 
   I drove down to the Terminal to load the 45,000 ltrs of fuel, all good, after driving out the Terminal  a back tyre on the B Trailer looked a bit ‘puddeny’, inside dually was flat. So after calling the tyre call out I grabbed a coffee round the corner on my way back to the yard to get the tyre fixed. 
   An hour later I was on my way north to deliver 6 of the 8 compartments of fuel to one of my favourite customers Mario’s 200kms away. Mario is a larger than life Argentinean who owns a Servo (petrol station) on the beautiful Rosslyn Bay coast. We had a great chat (for an hour among other things) about the recent success of his home countries team in the World Cup. Seeing some footage on his phone of 6 million people on the streets celebrating the win was truly spectacular. 
   With Mario’s done, I then have to unhook the B Trailer to be able to fit down the tight alley to deliver the remaining 2 compartments on the A Trailer to the Fish Market Pontoon a stone’s throw away. 
   With that done it was just hook up the B Trailer again and head home for a nice traffic free run as most people are off the road in the small hours of the morning. 
  As I parked the Truck up to complete my runs paperwork a heart sinking feeling hit as I’d suddenly remembered I’d left my reading glasses on the A trailer mudguard at the Fish Market 😱 

But would you believe it they were still there surviving the coupling of trailers and the trip back home!!

C0E85A2D-2594-4E8B-8728-8693263B9B0F.jpg 

Such a relief.

Today Saturday we had our Christmas dinner at our house with sister & brother in law, mother in law, daughter here from her studies in Brisbane, son and of course my wife. 
  We decided to have a Wagyu beef & Turkey balls fondue so Mrs RB wasn’t tied to the kitchen for a change. So nice just sitting and nibbling away in good company. My Daughter and I were in charge of the Chocolate Fountain with chorizo’s which, and did, end up in a delightful mess. We also had waffle cones and ice cream to dip in the fountain to, that warm/cold mix is always a hit 😄

Off to bed now to recharge before the prezzie opening session of tomorrow.

Merry Christmas folks, hope you have a great one 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

@Re-Bugged so sorry to read about your dog.  RIP Zimbi.

However your truck driving adventure was a delightful read and I'm glad you found your glasses!

Enjoy the pressie opening session!

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Mad Ax, very much appreciated.

I’ve had a few unscheduled adventures in the Truck.

Someone in the office missed an order for a farm once. Normally they are done in daylight for obvious reasons but the farmers dam water pump tank was almost dry. So yours truly was sent there in the dark in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm for an extra challenge. 
  The farmer lead the way across his fields on arrival along a track a truck and a half wide with a sharp left turn at the end 50mtrs from one of the tanks. Unfortunately the turn was also a mud bog so weighing around 56 tonne the inevitable happened and got stuck up to the axles 🙄  The farmer then had to get the tractor to pull the truck out, we snapped 2 heavy duty straps before getting free. Eventually got to start unloading at the Dam tank, which had to be done with the farmer standing on the tank ladder with a torch watching the fuel  level with a torch at the sight tube and calling out when it’s full. We then moved round the corner to the next tank but only managed to get the 3rd compartment unloaded before the rain really set in. Luckily we strapped the tractor to the front of the truck again earlier as the only way out was the way we came in, fortunately we got out without a drama and nothing got broken. 
   I pulled up a short way down the road at an unmanned fuel station to check things over. All the wheels were caked in mud as if they were solid wheels. I got the worst of it out with my hands as it would be a lot of weight spinning around in the wheels.

Fun time for sure 😂 that’s trucking. 

As for the prezzie opening I am now up to bag B of a Kyosho Turbo Scorpion, so very happy there 👍🏻

Also my sons girlfriends parents from Texas have given me some glasses retainers of all things!! They clip on the arms of the glasses with a cord going around the back of your neck so I won’t have to put them down now 👍🏻 So that’s another win, things are looking up 😁

• Like 3

On 12/6/2022 at 10:24 PM, Mad Ax said:

Excellent pics @berman, thanks for sharing :) 

Those Minis bring back memories, I had a red Cooper S with a union jack roof - 20 years ago!  Those were the days...

I was driving my wife's Yaris to pick up the shopping this morning.  It's got a hole in the exhaust and is sounding like a boy racer mobile.  For a brief moment I had an urge to go get a small hot hatch, stick on some stiff springs, a loud exhaust and some fat alloys and go tearing up the back roads like I used to do 20 years ago, just like the kids who I shake my head at now :lol:

I love the MFP car.

No worries, glad you enjoyed them. Yeah those minis are cool. We have a lot of old British stuff over here, as that's what everyone owned before the flood of jap imports in the 80s. My first cars were a 69 Mini, then a HC Viva, then a Hillman Hunter lol.

Haha yeah I was the same, and I shake my head now at the Boy Racers 😄 

On 12/10/2022 at 5:07 AM, Wooders28 said:

Hope you're OK mate, you never know how things will effect you ,until they happen, even with all the training in the world. If you need help, do what you need to do. 

They race the Mini's at an indoor track not far from me, and @neowhizz keeps nipping my ear about getting one....🤔

I've owned 5 Mini's and still have 2, a '69 998 and an '81 1275GT (my first car!). They're on the project list, after the TransAm is done, but I think the Type R engine swap is out of the window, and will now be a rear motor tesla swap..... 

Up to you, i used to race in the m-chassis class, but it gets too political for me, and im happier bombing around offroad by myself.

Cool you still have two minis! But yeah i want to see the Trans Am done!

Yeah absolutely. It's been ok, had other things go on in my life that has made that pale in significance.

Boxing day I saw my kids for the first time in 5 months. I went through a rather traumatic break up with their mother back in June and have only seen them once since. They were apprehensive when I met them and my son soon came around, possibly because he's younger and doesn't understand (was asking if I was coming back to his house etc), my daughter just kept staring and wouldn't let go of my hand. But after a few hours loosened up and after I explained that what happened was out of my control, and that I've thought of them every day and will always love them no matter what, she became more comfortable. Hoping if all things go to plan, I can see them in a few weeks. 

Hope you all had a great Xmas!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, berman said:

Up to you, i used to race in the m-chassis class, but it gets too political for me, and im happier bombing around offroad by myself.

Folded, and bought an M05.....

Came up for sale for £20, needs wheels, body and elecs, but @neowhizz has a spare mk2 escort body (not sure how a rwd body on a fwd chassis will go, but was an MX5 to start with, so....🤷‍♂️),and other bits and bobs, so I'll see how that goes..

Cool you still have two minis! But yeah i want to see the Trans Am done!

Both aren't really worth saving tbh, so will need rebodied, but new ones are available at around £10k.

I was making fairly good progress with the TransAm, I'm needed daft stuff now, like the horn wire, and an axle bump stop, which at $4 are cheap, but the delivery of $50 that's the killer. Surgery, then -9°c and now Christmas, means progress has been slow of late, although, I've got my holidays coming up mid January, so..🤞

Boxing day I saw my kids for the first time in 5 months

Heart breaking mate, hope you get to be with them more regularly going forward.

• Like 2

Well, it's not quite Friday yet, but I figured I'd get this in early because I'll probably be too busy tomorrow.

So - this weekend is the crazy New Year's celebration that takes this part of the planet by storm every...  Well, every year, in fact.

Friday - line the stomach with lots of dairy, stock up on protein and caffeine.

Saturday - stay in bed as last as possible, continue force-feeding myself with high-protein foods, start consuming alcoholic beverages around 3pm, head off to some bar that is free to enter for 364 days per year but for some reason is ticket entry only on New Year's Eve, drink too many overpriced beverages, leave before midnight to gain entry to some even more expensive and even more divey club playing even louder music and selling even more expensive drinks, stagger out around 3am with a raging hunger for miscellaneous grey meat sawn from a rotating elephant leg roughly plonked in an old bit of toasted shoe-leather, garnished with some stringy brown leaves that may once have born a passing resemblance to lettuce and slathered in some semi-translucent goop that the wholesaler has rather optimistically labelled as mayonnaise.  Attempt to devour the unappetising looking arrangement before I arrive home, collapse in the hallway and fall asleep.

Sunday - wake up around 11am with the logo of the Harry Potter doormat imprinted on my face, and listen to a round of I-told-you-sos from...

No, hang on, wait!  I haven't done that for almost 20 years!

Friday - up early as usual, around 6am, to work on my non-RC-related side-hustle, then breakfast and some last-minute chores and packing before I head off to the Southern Scale Trail Pay-&-Play day at the quarry.  I've been knocked sideways by some virus all week (raging sore throat, muscle aches and tiredness) so I have been stuck at home and missed the best parties, but I'm hoping I'll feel well enough to get out in the fresh air for a couple of hours.  The quarry is only 30 minutes away, and I've already paid for my ticket, so it doesn't matter if I feel tired and want to leave early.  Unfortunately the forecast is for torrential rain all day, so it might be case of call it in the morning.  Will be nice to run the 6x6 on proper terrain, and grab some last-minute photos for the comp.

Wife and child are doing a Spa Day (it's been promised since before Christmas and most of her pressies were to be used on this special spa day) so if I stay home, I'll be tiptoeing around them all day.

Promised myself a pizza (from the freezer) and beers for dinner, but if I'm too tired and sore-of-throat to enjoy it, I'll postpone until Sunday.

Saturday - daddy/daughter day.  I usually look forward to these, but since all the get-togethers got cancelled due to various people falling ill, it has pretty much been mummy-daddy-daughter days every day since Christmas Eve, and we're all going slightly stir crazy.  I'm not sure how much more Winx cartoons I can watch before I try to Imaginix myself off the roof.

Evening - cook some nice burgers and settle down with the wife to watch movies and see if we can stay awake for the fireworks at midnight.  Sometimes we give up and go to bed at 10, then wake up to watch them later.  We're so rock-and-roll.

Sunday - day off.  I can pretty much do whatever I want.  Depending on weather, ambient temp, and the state of my throat, I could ride the motorcycle to the coast for some fish'n'chips, go for an 8-mile hike around the local hills, drive over to the Mendips for some sight-seeing, or stoke up the fire in the workshop and get cracking on some RC projects.  Or just stay in bed with the ancient Westcountry remedy, handed down from generation to generation, going back many centuries: Lemsip, chicken noodle soup and 7up, and Netflix on the laptop.

Evening - cook something out of the freezer, enjoy some beverages and work on the novel.

Monday - tis a Bank Holiday here, so it's another daddy/daughter day while the wife does her own thing.  Maybe take her to see some family or to a local attraction if I'm beyond being contagious.  There's a race meet on at Mendip, which is near a good beach, so if it's dry we could take the buggies to the beach and build some sand castles, and call in at the track for some spectating on the way home.

Evening - probably go solo, catch a film on Netflix or work on the novel.

Have yourselves a totally fantastic New Year celebration, if you are partying, and if you are staying home, then I wish you the best of the luck, and I hope to see the survivors on the other side.

Personally, I'm planning to tiptoe very quietly into 2023 and hope it doesn't notice me...

• Like 3