4 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Is that still a thing over there? 

One of the guys tested positive not so long ago, and phoned in. They asked if he felt OK, which he did, so they said, we'll see you at work in an hour...😬

Turns out I’m negative anyway just about to go out the door.

I can’t lie though I was tempted to send a photo of my daughters test and blag some time off 🤔

Some places still have a ‘stay away if positive policy’ We deliver to a lot of industry that you have to do a self assessment for symptoms before you go in. To be honest though most people are just carrying on as normal now.

My offsider’s wife has had it twice now, but he’s never got it 🤷🏻‍♂️
He did nearly die of Pancreatic cancer a few years ago though but you would never know to see him. Still a very enthusiastic Italian 😂.

I’m sure you're aware, but watch those bank texts, we get endless scams here with that sort of thing. They look legit and nearly always have a dodgy link attached to them. 

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I can’t lie though I was tempted to send a photo of my daughters test and blag some time off 🤔

Wouldn't be the first, and defo won't be the last....🤣

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’m sure you're aware, but watch those bank texts, we get endless scams here with that sort of thing. They look legit and nearly always have a dodgy link attached to them. 

Aye, never click a link.

I don't do Internet banking, but have set it up for alerts. With Christmas, and 2 kids birthdays in Jan, I was kind of expecting it, but was hoping it was slightly closer to pay day, at the end of the month, ...😳🤦‍♂️🤣

• Like 1

For me, already Saturday, but super boring weekend once again as perfect as it can be. B)

Friday.. I took yesterday off and after early am house chores, went to my usual hair salon to get my hair cut and then basically played with my Mini-Z EVO AWD all day.. during breaks I decided to order an RWD EVO SP red edition along with a few bodies.  :D 

Then in the evening decided to paint a Mini Cooper body.  Watched TV before calling it.

Saturday.. after early morning house chores went at it again on my Mini Cooper body.. took a break mid morning to take my son out for some MT driving lessons.  He's doing better, but not yet at the level I can hand him the keys.  Will do a couple more lessons ending with some street heel and toe which is using the side of foot instead of the heel as you really don't need all thatl braking power on the street, but good to be able to use engine braking with rev matching.  

I just got done with the Mini body and posted a few pictures in the gallery thread and IG.  I am again at 99% attachment memory so I'm not sure how many more larger pictures I can post.  Best to check me out on Instagram #pretendrcshop

Going to watch TV tonight before calling it.  

Sunday.. going to start the M06 Beetle my wife got me a few weeks ago.  Probably just do the chassis tomorrow and take my time doing the body entire next week.   Afternoon will be my usual stream a movie with snacks in my piano lounge, play some tunes in my music room, and stream another movie in the evening.   

Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone!  B)

• Like 3

It's Friday again, peeps!

It's been a disjointed week for me with various out-of-routine things, plus first race weekend of the season for me, so a bit of an exciting one

Friday - WFH this morning, had to go get my decovination booster this morning so didn't start until late, plus I finished early on Weds for my daughter's 6th birthday party, so no early finish for a walk today.  Shame, as the weather is quite nice.  Also a low-calorie day so I haven't eaten yet, and I'm starting to get hangry

Finish around 4-ish, get the van cleared and loaded for Sunday, cook a dinner for the family, and spend the rest of the evening adding sponsor decals on the RallyX car

Saturday - daughter's official actual birthday - up early for Operation Panic-Tidy before the family arrives.  Looking forward to it, mostly because my wife bought enough party food to feed a small village, so I'll spend the entire day cooking and eating it in the kitchen while the kids make noise elsewhere

Evening - probably have a bit more packing and prep to do for Sunday, before chilling out with a film and the rest of the party food

Sunday - up as close to 6am as I can manage, then straight on the road (after probably 10 minutes of window-scraping to get the ice off) and head to the coast.  Probably arrive more than 2 hours before the racing starts, so I'll have some time to walk along the sand and breathe in the fresh sea air* before heading to the track for setup.  I need to allow time to fit the motor and ESC that someone will (hopefully!) be bringing for me - it'll be a short day if that doesn't show up!

Racing is usually fairly quick as there aren't many heats.

Head back via the country roads, find somewhere nice to stop, and walk for a few miles across the Mendips.  Maybe out after sunset, depending on when the racing finishes.

Then back home for a cheap frozen pizza and celebratory beers.

*it's the Severn Estuary, so it mostly smells of mud

Have yourselves a fantastic weekend, everybody! :

• Like 5

Happy BDay your daughter @Mad Ax!  And good luck at the races.  :D

For me, yet another super boring huge yawn weekend, perfectly tailored.  B)

Friday.. just got done with some routine house chores.  Today WFH.. will try to finish up the M06L Beetle.  I still need to adjust some camber settings on the car and lower the body as much as possible, then install Billy.. so going to be a pretty busy day besides work.  

Evening will be spent streaming a movie. 

Saturday.. after early am house chores, will take my son out for some MT driving lesssons, will start him on some blip while braking techniques.  He is still all over the place as far as shift timing, throttle and clutch inputs,  etc.  Then plan to crack open my recent delivery.. Mini-Z EVO RWD red SP.  Will play with that most of the morning, I think.  

Then in the afternoon and evening a rubber stamp of my usual weekends.. snacks with movie in my piano lounge, play some tunes late afternoon in my music room, then watch TV before calling it.

Sunday.. basically a repeat of Saturday.  If I'm up for it, might do some drywall work needed in my hall bath as we had some water damage from a leaking bath faucet caulk.  Nothing serious, just water getting between the faucet and the wall.  I sealed it up last year and verified for months that it was just the caulk that was faulty.  

Have a great weekend, everyone!!  B)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Finish around 4-ish, get the van cleared and loaded for Sunday, cook a dinner for the family, and spend the rest of the evening adding sponsor decals on the RallyX car

No matter what I do with RC, this is what I look forward to - a quiet night applying decals.  It's almost therapeutic for me.  I hate painting, but knowing I can spend the time doing decals makes it all worth it.  

Hope your daughter has a great birthday!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

No matter what I do with RC, this is what I look forward to - a quiet night applying decals.  It's almost therapeutic for me.

I have a love-hate relationship with it.  I don't enjoy the window trims or headlamps or other complex, awkward bits with one chance to get it spot on or ruin the decal and a high likelihood of making a complete mess of it.  It took me most of the night just to do the lights window trims on Tuesday.

On the other hand, I do enjoy designing and fitting sponsor decals.  It's real nice to see something progress from bare colours to a proper motorsport competition vehicle.  Right now the RallyX car looks very clean and smooth, but also a bit silly.  I mean, who would paint a car in silver with blue swoopy bits?  But throw on some enough sponsor decals in the right places and suddenly it's a competition vehicle about to hit a track.  Well, I hope so, anyway - I've got to get enough large-scale decals on it to make it look right, and not a complete mess.  I find there's a very fine line - and generally speaking, too much is not enough :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

I have a love-hate relationship with it.  I don't enjoy the window trims or headlamps or other complex, awkward bits with one chance to get it spot on or ruin the decal and a high likelihood of making a complete mess of it.  It took me most of the night just to do the lights window trims on Tuesday.

On the other hand, I do enjoy designing and fitting sponsor decals.  It's real nice to see something progress from bare colours to a proper motorsport competition vehicle.  Right now the RallyX car looks very clean and smooth, but also a bit silly.  I mean, who would paint a car in silver with blue swoopy bits?  But throw on some enough sponsor decals in the right places and suddenly it's a competition vehicle about to hit a track.  Well, I hope so, anyway - I've got to get enough large-scale decals on it to make it look right, and not a complete mess.  I find there's a very fine line - and generally speaking, too much is not enough :)

Yes, I agree.  I don't so many "scale" type bodies so typically don't have to worry about that much.  Although you made me remember doing the TT-02 Mustang I built a year or so ago and those decals were not as much fun :)  

I too enjoy seeing a bare sheel progress to something with a personality.  Sponsor decals can definitely be tough.  I typically barely lay mine on until I'm happy with the look, scale, etc. and usually move them around about 10 times before committing, haha.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

No matter what I do with RC, this is what I look forward to - a quiet night applying decals.  It's almost therapeutic for me.  I hate painting, but knowing I can spend the time doing decals makes it all worth it.  

Hate applying decals, I'd rather not have any, than one be slightly out of line....🙄

The last car I built ,I put decals on, and was my kyosho Ultima. Painted it pink as that's what my youngest wanted (although, now she calls it, her car....😳) ,and looked good! 

2021-06-28_05-35-42

It was at this point, I noticed I'd not removed the overspray film....🤬🤦‍♂️

- 12hr nightshift weekend for me, so work, sleep and eat is about all I'll do until my, 'fake weekend' on Tuesday.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

My goodness, is it Friday at last..?  This has felt like a rather long week, but it's nearly over now...

What's everyone up to?  It's going to be a reasonably quiet one for me, with a few caveats and some options to change plan if I want to.

Friday

WFH this morning, not really much on.  I've got Vice Grip Garage's diary of Sick Week on in the background, probably got a couple of other channels covering it too.  I might be able to get a little packing done in quiet spells.  Find time for the wife to trim my hair, as a trip to the barbers earlier this week was somewhat disastrous.

Finish at 2pm, throw some junk and the small human in the car and head over to Bristol, drop the daughter off with my parents and then go over to a mates for a night of home studio DJing and shenanigans.  Might pick up some full-fat full-caffeine Coke* on the way so I can stay awake past 10pm (I will mix it with rum, obviously, as we'll be transitioning into reggae as the night progresses).

Saturday

Up early to escape, find somewhere to go for a decent walk.  Would be good to get 7-8 miles in if I can, then off to the parents for lunch and to rescue the child from her cousins.  Back home for some cuddles, and probably a bit of DIY I've been putting off for ages.

Sunday

My original plan was to jump in the van and head to the coast for some walking, but as I'll have already done my walk for the weekend, I'll probably just stay home and try to finish off some projects.  The 2.2 rig is nearly ready for a test-drive, that would be a nice achievement, plus I need to get the tow truck finished before the first round of the Iconic Cup, which is on April Fool's weekend - make of that what you will, but we've got something planned :lol:

Evening - going to a local curry house with some mates as it's my birthday on Monday, and I haven't really celebrated for the last couple of years due to the pandemic.  Only a quiet one, a meal and a few drinks.

Have a great one, everybody :) 

*the drink, not the other stuff

• Like 4

What am I up to?   Another super boring weekend just as how I like it.   B)

Friday... I already finished my early am house chores, WFH today, and will drive my Mini-Z's while I wait for my new Kyosho 240Z's arrival.  I'm going to swap out the receiver and servo to my usual Futaba and 1252MG before verifying the oil level in the dampers.  Then do any personal touches on the body by drawing parting lines and fixing any decals as needed.  

Evening will be spent relaxing in my music room then watch TV before calling it.

Saturday.. given the weather is somewhat nice, I may stop by my kid's work after early am house chores to check out a few e-bikes by Specialized.  I'm looking at the Vado 5.0's..either the IGH version (belt drive AT)  or  SL (12 sp with motor assist).   The goal is to go for a quick stroll on the bike and not for exercise.. my other option is a Honda Metropolitan at half the cost, but it will limit me to only street riding.   I have a huge forest preserve right near me so probably better to get the bicycle to keep my riding route options open.

Pretty much rest of the day enjoy my new Kyosho cars, then stream a movie with snacks in my piano lounge in the afternoon, play some tunes in my music room early evening, and watch TV before heading to bed.

Sunday.. I've been itching to build the Kyosho Ultima so I think I'm going to crack the kit open and maybe start the chassis.  I have some fresh alloy wheels for it along with a black wing.. this thing is going to look awesome.  B)  I hope.. :ph34r:    I am also thinking about moving a few of my lower end Tamiya buggies to the garage where I plan to drive it off and on outdoors while I'm working on my 1:1 cars.  I need to free up space in my pretend RC shop.  Rest of the day is a rubber stamp of Saturday afternoon.

Have a great weekend everyone!  B)

• Like 2

So, still sick but feeling much better than either this morning or yesterday.

Almost 2 year old has it now and is vomiting. Wife has also tested positive, but not really showing any symptoms, which is so far so good as she was unable to have the full load of vaccines after having a big reaction to the first dose, which has led to 2 years of health problems. Fingers crossed. 3 year old is absolutely fine and running around being a right sausage.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

I've got Vice Grip Garage's diary of Sick Week on in the background, probably got a couple of other channels covering it

12hr dayshifts mean I've only been able to catch up with the footage on 1320video, been an awesome event! 

Kind of hope mine would be ready to run in the UK's version,  'Street weekend' run by Santa Pod , in June ,, The Pod - York (now Melbourne) - Back to the Pod, but realistically, doubtful 😞

https://santapod.co.uk/street-weekend.php 

After 3 weeks of 12hrs, I'm on my week off, Hoorah!! 🎉

Watched a bit of 'Clarksons Farm' and that's about it tonight though.

Saturday -  I'm planning on getting the 2 bike storage pulley systems nailed up in the eaves of the garage, after finding somewhere for the car parts hanging everywhere in the way, to go...🤔😳

I then need to goto the in-laws ,and pick up mine and the wifes bikes, which we asked if we could just leave in their garage 'over the weekend' back in 2021...😬

Sunday - I plan on getting in the garage, but there's been some (not so) subtle hits, I'll be decorating our bedroom, and/or looking at new carpet for said bedroom. (Funny how shopping for house carpet, I'm pretty much ' yeah, that'll do', but for the car, I requested samples to make sure the weave was right...🤷‍♂️

That'll probably how my full week will (usually) end up, I'll make plans, but end up doing the list the boss gives me.

Enjoy your weekend!! 

• Like 4

It's the weekend, everybody!  And it's the Oldschool RC Euro Masters, which is taking place in the UK this year.  Lots of top-bracket drivers will be heading off to MB Models near Leeds for a weekend of vintage buggy racing.  I'm not a top-bracket driver, so I won't be going, but you can follow the joy here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/687876494919992/

As a consolation prize, I'll be taking some solo time out by the coast, getting in some walks and doing some rallycross racing.

Friday - wfh this morning, finish around 2pm and head south-west to Sidmouth in Devon, hopefully arrive with enough time to explore the rock pools and climb the cliffs to watch the sunset.

Eve - check into the hotel, spend a small fortune on restaurant food and locally-brewed ale, and work on the novel.

Saturday - probably get up at 6 for a quick walk along the coast, back to the hotel for breakfast, then get packed up for a big 8-mile circular route along the cliffs.  After that, decide if I should spend the afternoon exploring Sidmouth, or drive along to Beer to doze on the beach, or drive to Lyme Regis for some coastal shopping, museums and photos.  Try to persuade my blistered feet to stay out until sunset.  Note to self: remember to grab a sandwich for Sunday's lunch.

Eve - back to the hotel to spend the last of my money on food and drink.  Charge the LiPos in the hotel room.

Sunday - up early for another quick stroll along the seafront, then set off for Weston-Super-Mare (probably before the kitchens are open for breakfast, sadly) for another round of rallycross racing.  Should be picking up some longer shock shafts and pinions to help improve the Hyper GT, and try to improve my position after my last run.

Hopefully racing will finish mid-afternoon like last time, so if my feet can stand it I'll park up on the Mendips for another quick walk before heading home.

Eve - hopefully home in time to give my family a big long cuddle and give some gifts and a huge thank-you for letting me escape my fatherly duties for a couple of days.  Cook myself a pizza and watch a film.

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, have yourselves a totally fantastic weekend :)

• Like 4

Friyay! Work, shopping at Asda then dog walking, pizza for dinner! Yum!

Saturday - It's toy fair day! Sandown Racecourse, I've been saving some cash to spend here, no idea what I'll find, Hotwheels a definite, maybe LEGO or something Tamiya if there is any there. After the toy fair, no idea! Maybe pop into Kingston shops? Probably back home as I'll be skint by then!

Sunday - No plans, hopefully bit of a lay-in, pick my son up, go out somewhere, but still skint as I don't get paid until Monday! 

Anyway, whatever y'all doing, I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

• Like 4

For me another boring weekend with a touch of twist .. B)

Friday.. just got done with early morning house chores, will WFH today.   I hope to put some time in the Ultima to the point I can route all the wires with the body.  My 19.5BL LeMans is to arrive tomorrow, so hopefully I can finish the car over the weekend.. not that there is any rush.

Evening will be spent relaxing streaming some TV I missed during the week before calling it.

Saturday.. as usual, finish early am house chores, take my son out for more MT driving lessons, then later stop by his work to pickup my new Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 e-bike.  I wanted the Vado 5.0 IGH, but the manufacture is completely out of stock, no schedule to restock in time for summer.. so decided to get the next best thing which is their 4.0 with 11sp drivetrain, same shape same color.  My son told me the standard drivetrain is much easier for the shop to maintain and replace so he actually recommended it over the proprietary planetary automatic gearbox (IGH).   Mine will have the same accessories as the 5.0 with rear radar and all.

But most importantly, I wanted to meet the owners and shake their hands thanking them for putting trust in my kid for his very first job outside the house.  The bicycle shop deals with some high end bikes and it's wealthy regular customers, so that is a lot of trust they welcomed him with and I appreciate that a lot.  I am going to pick up a few accessories at the shop.. bike computer (for the nav), cool pedals, thermal gloves, etc the usual.  

Then if weather is warm enough, go for a short stroll to familiarize myself with the e-bike, perhaps work on my Ultima some more if I receive the motor, then relax in my music room playing some tunes, watch TV before heading to bed.

Sunday..  enjoy some RC time in my pretend RC shop, then maybe go for a short stroll on my e-bike  given weather cooperates in the afternoon, stream a movie with snacks in my piano lounge, play some tunes in my music room, then stream a movie at night before calling it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!  B)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me another boring weekend with a touch of twist .. B)

Friday.. just got done with early morning house chores, will WFH today.   I hope to put some time in the Ultima to the point I can route all the wires with the body.  My 19.5BL LeMans is to arrive tomorrow, so hopefully I can finish the car over the weekend.. not that there is any rush.

Evening will be spent relaxing streaming some TV I missed during the week before calling it.

Saturday.. as usual, finish early am house chores, take my son out for more MT driving lessons, then later stop by his work to pickup my new Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 e-bike.  I wanted the Vado 5.0 IGH, but the manufacture is completely out of stock, no schedule to restock in time for summer.. so decided to get the next best thing which is their 4.0 with 11sp drivetrain, same shape same color.  My son told me the standard drivetrain is much easier for the shop to maintain and replace so he actually recommended it over the proprietary planetary automatic gearbox (IGH).   Mine will have the same accessories as the 5.0 with rear radar and all.

But most importantly, I wanted to meet the owners and shake their hands thanking them for putting trust in my kid for his very first job outside the house.  The bicycle shop deals with some high end bikes and it's wealthy regular customers, so that is a lot of trust they welcomed him with and I appreciate that a lot.  I am going to pick up a few accessories at the shop.. bike computer (for the nav), cool pedals, thermal gloves, etc the usual.  

Then if weather is warm enough, go for a short stroll to familiarize myself with the e-bike, perhaps work on my Ultima some more if I receive the motor, then relax in my music room playing some tunes, watch TV before heading to bed.

Sunday..  enjoy some RC time in my pretend RC shop, then maybe go for a short stroll on my e-bike  given weather cooperates in the afternoon, stream a movie with snacks in my piano lounge, play some tunes in my music room, then stream a movie at night before calling it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!  B)

Am I right in thinking MT stands for manual transmission?

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

But most importantly, I wanted to meet the owners and shake their hands thanking them for putting trust in my kid for his very first job outside the house.  The bicycle shop deals with some high end bikes and it's wealthy regular customers, so that is a lot of trust they welcomed him with and I appreciate that a lot.

That is a nice gesture! Really!

• Like 3

Firstly, Happy belated birthday @Mad Ax 🍻

and enjoy the E bike @Willy iine, they are great things. I think you will be spending a lot of time in the forest now 😉 For some reason E Bikes the battery assist cuts off at 25kph where as the rest of the world is 28kph 🤷🏻‍♂️ There are hacks that can disable the limiter so assistance doesn’t stop though on some bikes.

Finished nightshift shift early hours Friday am. Then had to hop in the Swift for the 500k drive to Brisbane to take my daughter back for lectures on Monday for her Radiology studies. She has been in our home town on placement. We were planning on driving down in the van but Mrs RB greeted a blurry eyed me with,

”The vans not right, there was a loud Pop and black smoke pouring out’ just as we were about to go.

A look under the bonnet I found the intercooler/egr hose had come off due to a clip breaking. Being VW it’s a unique clip not just a standard screw up type hose clamp. Fortunately this happened 200 meters from our front door though. I wasn’t keen for a bodge job with 1000k round trip in front of us and driving at night so 3 of us with a load of student luggage shoe horned into the little Suzuki which has got us to Brisbane without complaint. Kinda felt like a proper student road trip packed in like sardines anyway 🤣

Saturday morning had to remember to start feeding the parking meter at 7am. At least this can be done laying in bed with a cuppa via an app on the phone  sometimes technology is helpful😁.

3 hours max on the meter so will have to head out somewhere by then. Probably shopping 🤮. At least there will be lunch to look forward to. A wonder along the river at Southbank next to where we are is always nice. I must admit the city does look fantastic lit up at night along the river bank.

We should hopefully catch up with Mrs RB’s brother & family while we are down here to.

Sunday morning Mrs RB and myself will leave daughter to it and head back home where I’ve got a burnt out bedroom ceiling fan waiting for me to fix and a Dr appointment on Monday.

Go well everyone 👍🏻

Edit:- just remembered I should grab another one of these when I’m at Southbank…

32ECE59D-7F9A-4DDF-8111-1BFAB8542DAB.jpg

• Like 3

It's Friday again, peeps!  At least I think it is, I keep losing track.

What's everybody doing this weekend?

It's going to be a mixed bag weekend for me - lots to do, places to be and (hopefully) a day sitting around relaxing.

Friday - off to do the school run in 10 mins, then WFH until mid-afternoon, then out for a walk in my local area.  Haven't walked there for a few weeks now so will be nice to see how much it's changed as winter starts to give way to spring.  Mostly it will be nice to finish before the sunset, for a change.

Pizza and beers, work on the novel and start off some 3D prints tonight.

Saturday - long day in the workshop, need to finish off loads of little things and clear the bench ready for the Revival builds.  Need to get started on those fairly soon.  So the Rallycross car needs centre diff and front shocks rebuilding, the tow truck needs the headlights and grille installing, the 2.2 leafer needs to be boxed away where it won't get damaged and a bunch of bits that I pulled out of various cars over the last six months need to go safely away so my bench is totally clear.  And I need to get the idea of building a crawler trailer out of my head because I don't have time for that kind of silliness until at least August.

Off to Bristol in the evening for my best mate's album launch party.  He'll be on the decks all night with some locally famous Jamaican MCs on the mic.  Try to get home before the local kebab van closes for a late-night chicken donner.

Sunday - spend the day with my daughter.  Will check the bank balance and see about a trip to softplay, otherwise just chill and relax at home.

Cooking a fish pie in the evening, which she almost certainly won't like, so I'll end up cooking sausages for her instead, then being jealous that she gets sausages and I have to eat fish pie.

Not sure if I'll stream a film or work on the novel in the eve, I guess I'll see where my mood takes me.

Whatever you do, have yourselves a great one :) 

• Like 2

Another boring weekend for me, just as how I like it.  B)

Friday.. WFH, I spent way too much time at the office with my money making gig this week so today I am going to work as little as possible to unwind.  It was psychologically tolling doing meetings and presentations this week.. I am good at what I do for some reason, but I hate my job.  I just hate being around meaningless (to me) people for long durations especially when conversation gets heated.   They weren't upset with me, rather they were impressed with what I had to say, but there were folks stomping on others figuratively for under performing.  My work is a huge investment firm and welcomes all cultures being a global company.   However, that also means I need to tolerate listening to folks from other cultures getting mad in their own ways.. and some times I am like what the funny man, relax.  

I sat in my pretend RC shop for a good while checking out and admiring my cars last night and this morning (after early am house chores) as it is the only reason why I put myself through it.. to fund my pretend RC shop, 1:1 car hobby, and music hobby.  

Speaking of other hobbies, I took delivery of my Turbo Vado last weekend.   It is a fantastic e-bike, effortlessly riding up a climb with a 12mph headwind at 19mph.  I chose a white/black theme for the vintage vibe.  This thing is so stylish in person, I love it.  I have a matching Specialized helmet, dedicated brown leather Piloti driving shoes, Kuhl olive green wind breaker to go with the bike.  I ordered a rear MIK rack adapter and will make a decorative wooden mini crate for when I go garage sale shopping in the neighborhood hunting for vintage RC.  :D   Image Willy facing backwards riding along behind me.. that would be awesome.  lol

Saturday.. After early morning house chores, will go for another drive with my son for his MT driving lessons.   He is finally starting to get the hang of heel and toe downshifting and the 2019 WRX is beginning to sounds like it should with burbles and pops while approaching a turn with its aftermarket exhaust.   If weather permits I will go for a ride on my e-bike in the afternoon, but will spend most of the day either building my black version TurboScorpion or the XV02-Pro.   I don't feel like doing a lot of decals right now so will probably not do the Lancia in box art the first time around.  I have 2 bodies where I will do one in dark metallic blue and one in box art.  

Evening will be spent playing some tunes in my music room and then  watching TV before calling it.  

Sunday.. Will continue on with my RC stuff and maybe stream a movie early afternoon with snacks in my piano lounge. Rest of the day a rubber stamp of Saturday.

• Like 1

It's Friday again, team!  What are we up to this week?

Friday - I'm WFH today, this might be my last quiet day for a while as the "big project" that was supposed to start 5 months ago finally starts on Monday.  Although I'm unconvinced things will really change much, as we've been quietly working on it in the background since August anyway.

Probably finish around 2ish.  Wife is out at a craft fair, so spend the afternoon in the workshop, packing my race box for Sunday and tidying up a load more odds and ends that have been hanging around for months (if not years).  Maybe possibly go to the sports shop to see about some cheap walking boots (I tried to buy some expensive ones yesterday but apparently my feet are the wrong shape for expensive walking boots.  Technically they are the wrong shape for cheap walking boots also but I'd rather spend £50 and have blisters than spend £200 and have blisters).  I expect I'll continue with some form of RC projectery, studio stuff or TV watching until bedtime.  No walk for me today as I'm on school pickup duty.

Saturday - up early for some studio time, then make a slow cooker meal and perform Operation Panic-Tidy before my parents arrive with my nieces for a play-date.  Hopefully the three kids and a grandparent will leave the house for a few hours, as my dad and I are going to attempt to replace some stair treads on my century-old staircase.  Rest of the day - entertain my daughter, load the van, then a quiet evening in, probably catch up on some TV series.

Sunday - up around 6am for the drive to Mendip RC Raceway for my 3rd round of rallycross racing.  Hopefully the mods I've made over the last fortnight will improve things dramatically, but rain is forecast, so it could be that a different setup is needed anyway.

Stop on the way home for a walk, try to get my 8 miles in if I can, then back home for dinner, drinks and rest before the project begins "afresh" on Monday :) 

Wherever you are, have a great one :) 

• Like 2

For me, another boring weekend coming up.

Friday.. I am off today!  I got done with my early am house chores; need to half-butt manually shovel snow this morning as I have already put away my 2-stage snow thrower, not going to bother pulling it out and putting it away again (need to burn off fuel, etc).  :blink:    I'm just going shovel my sidewalk leading up to the porch and maybe half the driveway.  My driveway is a very generously wide  3 car driveway so it's not very efficient to do with just a shovel.  Will let the sun do the work in the next day or so.  :lol:

Then heading out to my usual hair salon to get my hair cut, and rest of the day will work on replacing the main shelves in my pretend RC shop with a commercial grade black wire shelf.  I made gray wood grain liners for it yesterday..should look good... with hope..? :ph34r:  I need to make new wiring for the lights so it might take some time to do.  

Evening will be spent watching TV or streamlining a movie.

Saturday.. after early am house chores, will take my kid out for more MT driving lessons, then continue working on organizing my pretend RC shop, afternoon I plan to stream a movie with my wife in the piano lounge with snacks.  Then relax in my music room, evening will be spent watching TV. 

Sunday.. Majority of the day will be spent in my pretend RC shop relaxing, will be repainting the Kyosho drivers on the Javelin and the white TurboScorpion.   Depending on how much room I have on the new shelf, I may place an order for the BlockHead WildOne.  I should own at least one BH unit, right?   Been looking for the regular Optima too to do box art for my Kyosho shelf.. everyone is out of stock. 

Have a great weekend everyone!  :D

• Like 1

Sorry for not posting in a while.

Friday:

After work washed my 1:1 cars. Gave the truck a quick once over.

Saturday:

Went to a car show about 40 minutes south. Wasn't expecting much as its normally at a beach side reserve but it was flooded from Gabrielle, so new spot was at a school field down the road. Well the sun came out in force and the event was that popular, they had to turn cars away. So much to see and do with all proceeds going to the local fire brigade and the surf life saving club. Lots of food vendors and things to do. Entered the truck and won a spot prize, then after that all entrants were offered a discount at a seaside pub another 30 mins away down the coast so a big chunk of us went down there for a bite and a bevvie. Solid day out, and went and spent the evening with friends.

0bPJHni.jpeg

XkXnv07.jpeg

xzMzVIU.jpeg

Sunday:

Another car event, Another scorcher of a day. This one was held in the centre of our city and all proceeds going to St Johns Ambulance. I wiped down the truck from yesterday and took that in. Lots to see and do, raffles and prizes etc, and met up with some friends and my gal friend that owns the two Anglias and sat in a bar/restaurant eating, having a cold drink and perving at my own truck which was parked right in front of me. 😄 Met some new people and poured over all the other cars and bikes. Wound down the afternoon at some of the friends house with the Anglia girl.

MyTfxYR.jpeg

x4TL03U.jpeg

9egTMAC.jpeg

• Like 4

Awesome pictures @berman!

Jumping the gun, this weekend appears to be a laid back weekend for me with nothing particular to do which is actually pretty relieving.  B)

Friday.. WFH, expecting my final two kits to arrive for my Akira's corner of my pretend RC shop.. the standard Scorpion and regular Optima which I plan to build to box art.. no hopups, barebones basic setup.  This is to reference the starting point for all the achievements Kogawa-san brought to the RC world.  Yes, the original NIB would be even better, but the rere's will do for now.

As for the day, will do my regular early am house chores, watch TV in the evening after enojoying some music time in my music room.

Saturday.. going to take my son out again for MT lessons, but this time will practice expressway driving, interchange merges, etc. after early am house chores.  I am going to work on some styrene project (item to be determined) or fix the drywall in my hall bath.. not sure which yet. Then in the afternoon relax in my piano lounge with snacks and a movie.  Evening will watch TV after some music time in my music room.  

Sunday.. pretty much a repeat of Saturday.  I need it to rain outside to wash off the road salt before I consider taking my e-bike out again..or do the oil change on my Golf-R.. hopefully soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1